- The report contains detailed information about EchoStar Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for EchoStar Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The EchoStar Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes EchoStar Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of EchoStar Corp. business.
About EchoStar Corp.
EchoStar Corporation engages in the design, development, and distribution of digital set-top boxes and related products. It operates two primary business units: Digital Set-Top Box business and Satellite Services business.
DIGITAL SET-TOP BOX
Digital Set-Top Boxes: The company's digital set-top boxes permit consumers to watch, control, and record television programming through digital video recorder, or DVR, technology integrated with satellite receivers. Certain of the company's digital set-top boxes are also capable of incorporating IPTV functionality, which allows consumers to download movies, music and other content via the Internet through an Ethernet connection.
Slingboxes: From its wholly owned subsidiary, Sling Media, the company produces and sell at retail channels various Slingbox products, including the Slingbox, Slingbox PRO HD, SlingCatcher and Slingbox Solo.
SlingLoaded HD-DVR digital set-top boxes: These devices combine HD-DVR digital set-top boxes with Sling Medias Slingbox technology, creating the high definition digital video recorder that incorporates placeshifting technology into a single device. This placeshifting set-top box has up to 1,000 hours of recording time, incorporates a touch-pad remote control and new user interface, and allows users to increase their DVR storage capacity through the use of external hard drives.
Standard-definition (SD) basic digital set-top boxes: These devices allow consumers who subscribe to television service from multi-channel video distributors to access encrypted digital video and audio content and make use of various applications. These applications include an on-screen interactive program guide, pay-per-view offerings, the ability to support V-chip type parental control technology, games and shopping.
SD-DVR digital set-top boxes: In addition to the functionality of a SD basic digital set-top box, these devices enable subscribers to pause, stop, reverse, fast forward, record and replay live or recorded digital television content using a built-in hard drive capable of storing up to 200 hours of content. They also include the ability to support video-on-demand, or VOD, services.
High-Definition (HD) digital set-top boxes: These devices enable subscribers to access the improved picture quality and sound of high-definition content, in addition to the functionality of a SD digital set-top box.
HD-DVR digital set-top boxes: These devices combine the functionality of HD digital set-top box and a DVR digital set-top box into a single device. In general, its most-advanced HD-DVR digital set-top boxes are capable of storing up to 350 hours of SD, or 55 hours of HD, content, contain IPTV functionality, and allow users to increase their DVR storage capacity through the use of external hard drives.
In addition to digital set-top boxes, the company also designs and develops related products, such as satellite dishes, remote controls, Sling modems, digital-to-analog converter boxes, which allow consumers to view, record and play back local over-the-air analog and digital broadcasts on analog TV sets, and other devices and accessories.
Digital Broadcast Operations: The company operates digital broadcast centers in the United States. The companys principal digital broadcast centers are located in Cheyenne, Wyoming, and Gilbert, Arizona.
The company's digital set-top boxes are sold to DISH Network. It also sells a significant number of digital set-top boxes to Bell TV in Canada and other international customers.
The company's primary competitors include Motorola, Inc. and Cisco Systems, Inc.
SATELLITE SERVICES BUSINESS
The company operates six owned and four leased in-orbit satellites. The company also has one owned satellite and one leased satellite under construction.
Direct to Home Services: The company leases satellite transponder capacity to satellite TV providers, broadcasters and programmers who use its satellites to deliver programming. The company's satellites are also used for the transmission of live sporting events, Internet and disaster recovery, and satellite news gathering services.
Government Services: The company leases satellite capacity and provides technical services to the U.S. government agencies and contractors.
Network Services: The company leases satellite transponder capacity and provide terrestrial network services to corporations. These networks are dedicated private networks that allow delivery of video and data services for corporate communications. The company's satellites can be used for point-to-point or point to multi-point communications.
The company leases transponder capacity on its satellite fleet primarily to DISH Network, but also to a small number of government entities, Internet service providers, broadcast news organizations, programmers, and private enterprise customers.
The company competes with satellite service companies, such as Intelsat Corporation, SES Americom, and Telesat Holdings, Inc.
EchoStar Corporation was founded in 2007.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ECHOSTAR CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ECHOSTAR CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ECHOSTAR CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ECHOSTAR CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ECHOSTAR CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. EchoStar Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of EchoStar Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of EchoStar Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. EchoStar Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. EchoStar Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. ECHOSTAR CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ECHOSTAR CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ECHOSTAR CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ECHOSTAR CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ECHOSTAR CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ECHOSTAR CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
EchoStar Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
EchoStar Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
EchoStar Corp. Major Shareholders
EchoStar Corp. History
EchoStar Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
EchoStar Corp. Offices and Representations
EchoStar Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
EchoStar Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
EchoStar Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
EchoStar Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
EchoStar Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
EchoStar Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
EchoStar Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
EchoStar Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
EchoStar Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
EchoStar Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
EchoStar Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
EchoStar Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?