- The report contains detailed information about Eastman Kodak Co. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Eastman Kodak Co.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Eastman Kodak Co. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Eastman Kodak Co. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Eastman Kodak Co. business.
About Eastman Kodak Co.
Eastman Kodak Company provides imaging technology products and services to the photographic and graphic communications markets worldwide.
The companys segments include Consumer Digital Imaging Group (CDG), Film, Photofinishing and Entertainment Group (FPEG), and Graphic Communications Group (GCG).
CONSUMER DIGITAL IMAGING GROUP (CDG) SEGMENT
This segment intends to improve peoples lives and social interactions through the capabilities of digital imaging technology, combined with Kodaks consumer knowledge, brand and intellectual property.
Digital Capture and Devices: Consumer digital capture and devices include digital still and pocket video cameras, digital picture frames, and imaging essentials, as well as branded licensed products. These product lines fuel Kodaks participation in the imaging device and accessory markets. Products are sold directly to retailers or distributors, and are also available to customers through the Internet at the KODAK Store (www.kodak.com) and other online providers. In January 2010, Kodak extended its pocket video camera line. The line includes the KODAK Zi8, which added an external mic jack; and the KODAK PlaySport pocket video camera, which is rugged, waterproof and is designed for action and adventure. KODAK pocket video cameras allow consumers to take stunning high definition videos, which can be uploaded to YOUTUBE via a built-in USB connector. Additionally, the company also introduced various digital still cameras with the SHARE button that enables upload to YOUTUBE, FLICKR, FACEBOOK, and KODAK Gallery (Gallery) for archiving and gifting. Another product is the KODAK Slice TouchScreen digital camera, a camera and photo album in one that makes storing, sorting and sharing pictures with its 2 GB internal memory and Smart Find Facial Recognition Technology.
Digital Capture and Devices also includes the licensing activities related to the companys intellectual property in digital imaging products. These arrangements provide the company with design freedom, access to new markets and partnerships, and the generation of cash and income.
The company offers the KODAK Pulse digital frame. This wireless picture frame has its own email address that receives photos automatically and allows consumers to view albums from FACEBOOK and Gallery.
Retail Systems Solutions: The Retail Systems Solutions groups product and service offerings to retailers include retail kiosks and consumables, consumer and retailer software workflows, remote business monitoring, retail store merchandising and identity programs, and after sale service and support. Consumers can make various photo gifts, including photobooks, posters and custom cards, all instantly and around the corner at a KODAK kiosk.
The DL2100 printer, which retailers can connect directly to a kiosk or Adaptive Picture Exchange (APEX) drylab system, enables customers to make double-sided photobooks, calendars and greeting cards, almost instantly in-store. This printer enables consumers to personalize their products with sentiments and captions and then take home a finished, personalized product. Other Kodak premium products available include the KODAK Picture-Movie DVD, which combines original artist music with the consumers own pictures and creates a multimedia show playable on any DVD player, along with posters, collages and more.
Consumer Inkjet Systems: As of January 2009, the companys wireless printers have a application that allows consumers to print photos in multiple sizes with the free KODAK Pic Flick App from an IPHONE or IPOD TOUCH, or photos and documents from a wifi enabled smartphone.
Online Imaging Services: KODAK Gallery is an online merchandise and photo sharing service. The Kodakgallery.com site provides consumers with a way to view, store and share their images with friends and family, and to receive Kodak prints and other creative products from their pictures, such as photo books, frames, calendars, and a host of other personalized merchandise. Personalized photo cards are also available with original designs by designers, including Martha Stewart, Simon and Kubuki and world-renown child
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EASTMAN KODAK CO. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EASTMAN KODAK CO. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EASTMAN KODAK CO. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EASTMAN KODAK CO. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EASTMAN KODAK CO. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Eastman Kodak Co. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Eastman Kodak Co. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Eastman Kodak Co. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Eastman Kodak Co. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Eastman Kodak Co. Industry Position Analysis
6. EASTMAN KODAK CO. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EASTMAN KODAK CO. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EASTMAN KODAK CO. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EASTMAN KODAK CO. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EASTMAN KODAK CO. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EASTMAN KODAK CO. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Eastman Kodak Co. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Eastman Kodak Co. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Eastman Kodak Co. Major Shareholders
Eastman Kodak Co. History
Eastman Kodak Co. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Eastman Kodak Co. Offices and Representations
Eastman Kodak Co. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Eastman Kodak Co. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Eastman Kodak Co. Capital Market Snapshot
Eastman Kodak Co. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Eastman Kodak Co. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Eastman Kodak Co. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Eastman Kodak Co. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Eastman Kodak Co. 1-year Stock Charts
Eastman Kodak Co. 5-year Stock Charts
Eastman Kodak Co. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Eastman Kodak Co. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Eastman Kodak Co. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?