- The report contains detailed information about Dynasil Corporation of America that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Dynasil Corporation of America. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Dynasil Corporation of America financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Dynasil Corporation of America competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Dynasil Corporation of America business.
About Dynasil Corporation of America
Dynasil Corporation of America engages in the development and manufacturing of specialized sensors, precision instruments, and optical products, including nuclear detectors and medical probes, for the medical, industrial, and homeland security/defense markets.
The company is consists of six business units in two business segments, five of which manufacture commercial products in the optics/photonics products and instruments segment, including the original optical materials business, optical components, optical coatings, optical instruments, and optical crystal growth. The sixth business unit is involved in the contract research segment.
Optics/ Photonics Products and Instruments segment
The company manufactures optics/photonics products and instruments, including optical materials, components, coatings, specialized instruments, and synthetic crystals for a range of applications markets in the medical, industrial, and homeland security/ defense sectors. Its products include optical instruments, as well as components that are used for optical instruments, lasers, analytical instruments, semiconductor/ electronic devices, automotive components, spacecraft/aircraft components, advertising displays, baggage scanners, and in devices for the solar energy industry.
The company also produces various analytical instruments, including instruments designed to measure the Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of sunscreens, handheld instruments to determine whether there is lead in the paint of buildings and whether electronics are in compliance with the Reduction of Hazardous Substances (ROHS) regulations, and medical probes which reduce the scope of cancer surgery.
Contract Research segment
Radiation Monitoring Devices, Inc. (RMD Research) conducts government research under the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program and non-SBIR projects. The research projects are a source for new commercial products in areas, such as medical imaging, industrial sensors, and homeland security.
The company has 37 patents granted, an additional 1 patent approved awaiting issuance, and 19 patents in the application process which are assigned or co-assigned to RMD. Commercialization of new technology is a major focus area for the company. Compact radiation badges are under development for military, industrial, and consumer applications. The project has been funded by the Department of Defense into Phase 3. Another active project is sensors for non-destructive testing which would detect very small cracks for applications, such as aircraft wings, turbine blades, nuclear power plant piping, and other non-destructive testing of metals. Another area of commercialization activity is thin film coatings for medical imaging applications. RMD Research has developed coatings which enable higher speed x-ray imaging, as well as highly sensitive PET sensors used for medical diagnostic procedures.
The companys major supplier for materials and components is Corning Incorporated, which is a primary supplier of the fused silica material that is fabricated and sold by its New Jersey facility.
In July 2010, the company acquired Hilger Crystals Limited from Newport Corporation, to market the dual mode nuclear detectors, as well as added Hilgers businesses and sales channels to it. Hilger manufactures synthetic crystals for x-ray and gamma ray detection for homeland security and medical imaging applications.
Dynasil Corporation of America was founded in 1960.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DYNASIL CORPORATION OF AMERICA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DYNASIL CORPORATION OF AMERICA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DYNASIL CORPORATION OF AMERICA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DYNASIL CORPORATION OF AMERICA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DYNASIL CORPORATION OF AMERICA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Dynasil Corporation of America Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Dynasil Corporation of America and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Dynasil Corporation of America and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Dynasil Corporation of America Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Dynasil Corporation of America Industry Position Analysis
6. DYNASIL CORPORATION OF AMERICA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DYNASIL CORPORATION OF AMERICA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DYNASIL CORPORATION OF AMERICA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DYNASIL CORPORATION OF AMERICA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DYNASIL CORPORATION OF AMERICA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DYNASIL CORPORATION OF AMERICA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Dynasil Corporation of America Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Dynasil Corporation of America Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Dynasil Corporation of America Major Shareholders
Dynasil Corporation of America History
Dynasil Corporation of America Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Dynasil Corporation of America Offices and Representations
Dynasil Corporation of America SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Dynasil Corporation of America Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Dynasil Corporation of America Capital Market Snapshot
Dynasil Corporation of America Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Dynasil Corporation of America Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Dynasil Corporation of America Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Dynasil Corporation of America Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Dynasil Corporation of America 1-year Stock Charts
Dynasil Corporation of America 5-year Stock Charts
Dynasil Corporation of America vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Dynasil Corporation of America vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Dynasil Corporation of America Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?