- The report contains detailed information about Digital Angel Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Digital Angel Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Digital Angel Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Digital Angel Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Digital Angel Corporation business.
About Digital Angel Corporation
Digital Angel Corporation develops identification and security products for consumer, commercial and government sectors worldwide.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys business operations consisted primarily of the operations of its wholly owned subsidiary, Destron Fearing Corporation and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, which collectively refer as Destron Fearing, and its 98.5% owned subsidiary, Signature Industries Limited (Signature).
The company operates in two business segments, Animal Identification, which includes the operations of Destron Fearing; and Emergency Identification, which includes the operations of Signature.
Animal Identification Segment
This segment develops, manufactures, and markets visual and electronic identification tags and implantable radio frequency identification (RFID) microchips, primarily for identification, tracking and location of companion pets, livestock (cattle and hogs), horses, fish and wildlife worldwide for animal bio-sensing applications, such as temperature reading for companion pet and livestock applications.
This segments principal products are visual and electronic ear tags for livestock; and implantable microchips and RFID scanners for the companion pet, livestock, horses, fish and wildlife industries.
The Animal Identification segment consists of Destron Fearings operations located in Minnesota and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, including DSD Holding A/S and Destron Fearing A/S and its subsidiaries, which have operations in Denmark and Poland (collectively referred to as Destron Fearing A/S); and Digital Angel International, Inc. and its subsidiaries located in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay.
The company holds patents on its syringe-injectable microchip for use in animals. Each microchip is individually inscribed and programmed to store a permanent 10 to 16-digit alphanumeric identification code. The companys patented Bio-Thermo implantable microchip product provides temperature readings of animals by passing an RFID handheld scanner over the animal or by having the animal walk through a portal scanner.
The companys pet identification and location system involves the insertion of a microchip, with identifying information, in the animal. Scanners located at animal shelters, veterinary clinics and other locations can determine the animals owner and other information.
The companys miniature RFID microchips are also used for the tagging of fish, especially salmon, for identification by biologists and governments in environmental programs and studies, migratory studies and other purposes.
In addition to pursuing the market for permanent identification of companion animals and tracking microchips for fish, the company also produces visual and RFID identification products, for livestock producers. The tracking of cattle and hogs is crucial to provide security both for asset management and for disease control and food safety.
In 2009, the company introduced the DTR-4 handheld reader enhancing the feature set of the already DTR-3 reader. Useful in cattle, swine, and equine applications, the display provides the user with the ability to see tag data without having to communicate with a host computer.
The company also introduced in 2009 its Rapid Response program, where customers can place orders for identification tags in the morning and it would ship that same afternoon, eliminating long waiting periods when tags are urgently needed.
Sales, Marketing and Distribution
The companys companion pet identification and location system is marketed in the U.S. by Schering-Plough Animal Health Corporation (Schering-Plough) under the brand name Home Again Pet Recovery Service.
The company has a product supply and distribution agreement with Schering-Plough Home Again LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Schering-Plough, to provide electronic identification microchips and scanners as part of the Home Again Proactive Pet Recovery Network. Schering-Ploughs network markets the electronic pet identification system under the brand name HomeAgain.
The companys companion pet/equine product is also market
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DIGITAL ANGEL CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DIGITAL ANGEL CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DIGITAL ANGEL CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DIGITAL ANGEL CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DIGITAL ANGEL CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Digital Angel Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Digital Angel Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Digital Angel Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Digital Angel Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Digital Angel Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. DIGITAL ANGEL CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DIGITAL ANGEL CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DIGITAL ANGEL CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DIGITAL ANGEL CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DIGITAL ANGEL CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DIGITAL ANGEL CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Digital Angel Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Digital Angel Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Digital Angel Corporation Major Shareholders
Digital Angel Corporation History
Digital Angel Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Digital Angel Corporation Offices and Representations
Digital Angel Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Digital Angel Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Digital Angel Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Digital Angel Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Digital Angel Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Digital Angel Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Digital Angel Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Digital Angel Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Digital Angel Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Digital Angel Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Digital Angel Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Digital Angel Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?