- The report contains detailed information about Digi International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Digi International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Digi International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Digi International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Digi International Inc. business.
About Digi International Inc.
Digi International, Inc. develops products and technologies to connect and manage local or remote electronic devices over a network, via the Internet or via satellite. The company's products are used by businesses create, customize, and control retail operations, industrial automation and other applications. Its products are sold under the Digi and Rabbit brands.
The companys products are divided into two categories, embedded and non-embedded. An embedded product is incorporated by a product developer into an electronic device (utilities meter, environmental sensors, retail scanner, and medical instruments). It provides processing power and wired or wireless network connectivity to that device. A non-embedded product is connected externally to a device or larger system (retail checkout, building access control panel, and traffic controller) to provide network connectivity or port expansion.
Embedded Networking Products
Modules A module is a group of components that are set up to work together, eliminating much of that complexity. The companys modules can be divided into two categories, processor modules and communications modules. Processor modules provide customers with a networked platform for use as the main processor in an embedded system and the flexibility to add in custom features and functionality. These modules are targeted as the core processors for products, such as access control systems, point-of-sale (POS) systems, radio frequency ID (RFID) readers, medical devices and instrumentation, and networked displays. Communication modules are ideal for network-enabling and Web-enabling a device. They enable customers who wish to accommodate both wired and wireless functionality in one product design.
Chips A chip (or microprocessor) provides the brains and processing power of an intelligent electronic device or communication sub-system. The companys chips are the building blocks for its embedded and non-embedded products.
Software and Development Tools The company provides software and tools for various operating environments and developer skill sets. These include Linux and Microsoft Windows Embedded CE, as well as its own Net+OS and Python based iDigi Device Integration Application (DIA).
Single Board Computers Single-board computers (SBCs) are systems on a single circuit board. They are essentially a programmable box product without the enclosure everything is on the board and ready to be embedded into a larger system.
Network Interface Cards The companys intelligent network interface cards (NICs) are legacy products that are used to provide Ethernet networking interfaces for printers.
Services Through its subsidiary, Spectrum Design Solutions, Inc. (Spectrum), the company offers engineering design services to customers that are challenged with their wireless development projects. The companys engineers have experience in wireless technologies, such as global system for mobile communication (GSM), code division multiple access (CDMA), global positioning system (GPS), and Wi-Fi and proprietary radio frequency (RF), as well as application specific integrated circuit (ASIC) design, field programmable gate array (FPGA) integration, embedded software, and turn-key product development.
Satellite The companys acquisition of MobiApps Holdings Private Limited added satellite communication products that provide worldwide satellite data transmit/receive capabilities for customers involved in satellite-based tracking and industrial remote communications. Operating over the ORBCOMM low-earth orbit satellite network, these products allow clients to monitor, track, and manage their fixed and mobile assets worldwide.
Non-Embedded Networking Products
Cellular Routers Cellular routers provide connectivity for devices over a cellular data network. The company offers high-speed cellular router to address the need for customers to connect remote sites and devices. These products have been certified by the major wireless providers in North America and abroad, including AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Bell Mobility, and Rogers. Its cellular products include a remote
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DIGI INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DIGI INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DIGI INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DIGI INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DIGI INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Digi International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Digi International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Digi International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Digi International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Digi International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DIGI INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DIGI INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DIGI INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DIGI INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DIGI INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DIGI INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Digi International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Digi International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Digi International Inc. Major Shareholders
Digi International Inc. History
Digi International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Digi International Inc. Offices and Representations
Digi International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Digi International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Digi International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Digi International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Digi International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Digi International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Digi International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Digi International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Digi International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Digi International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Digi International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Digi International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?