- The report contains detailed information about Data Translation Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Data Translation Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Data Translation Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Data Translation Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Data Translation Inc. business.
About Data Translation Inc.
Data Translation, Inc., (the Company) engages in the design, development and manufacture of high performance data acquisition, imaging and machine vision products. For more than two decades, the Company's products have provided engineers and scientists with accurate and timely data for measurement, analysis and process control in a wide range of industrial, scientific and medical applications. The Company's principal products in this area are data acquisition and imaging hardware, which are used in personal computers (PCs) to receive analog signals, convert them to digital form and process the digital data. In addition, the Company supports its existing hardware product lines with a blend of software offerings that enables the customer to further analyze the data produced by the hardware.
An outgrowth of the Company's core technology of analog to digital conversion is its commercial products line, which includes a low-cost, high-performance video capture and encoding system for Microsoft® Windows® 95/98-based PCs called Broadway. Broadway captures analog video, digitizes it, compresses it into an editable MPEG-1 format, and writes it to disk in real time. The Company's Broadway product has many applications, including incorporation of video into web pages on the World Wide Web, multimedia presentations, Webstreaming, CD-ROM titles and computer-based training.
Products and Services
The Company's data acquisition, imaging and machine vision products are designed to facilitate the high-speed capture of analog signals representing physical events, such as temperature, pressure, sound and video, the conversion of such signals into digital form and the use of such digital signals in PCs for processing. These capabilities permit customers to use PCs for data acquisition, to identify, measure, analyze and control physical phenomena, and for imaging and machine vision, to analyze or enhance video images.
The Company's data acquisition, imaging and machine vision systems consist of plug-in cards and Microsoft® Windows®-based software which provide an integrated, high performance systems solution to the general scientific and measurement marketplace.
The Company sells over 100 data acquisition, imaging and machine vision Products. Domestically, the Company sells such products to end users, value-added resellers (VARs), system integrators and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). Internationally, the Company sells through its wholly owned subsidiaries, as well as through resellers and independent distributors.
Data acquisition products provide capabilities ranging from simple measurement to advanced digital signal processing functions. While researchers, system integrators and OEMs have been the predominant data acquisition users in the past, new data acquisition markets have emerged in the industrial and medical areas, such as industrial inspection, medical diagnostic/therapeutic applications, high-performance control, vibration analysis, acoustics and test and measurement applications. Customers incorporate the Company's data acquisition boards and software into PCs to measure real-world parameters, including temperature, pressure, acceleration and sound; to analyze this data; and to use the results to control real-world events and processes.
The Company's imaging and machine vision products are used in a number of applications. In machine vision applications, images can be captured and processed immediately, in real time, for fast, accurate inspection of manufactured parts. In scientific imaging applications, images can be captured from video cameras for analysis, or images can be captured from cameras mounted on microscopes to identify and count cells. In medical applications, images can be captured from different diagnostic devices, such as CAT scanners or ultrasound imaging devices, for enhancement, analysis and display.
The Company sells its data acquisition, imaging and machine vision products to end users, VARs, system integrators and OEMs for use primarily in the scientific, medical and industrial markets. End users include manufacturers, research laboratories, universities, hospitals and governm
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DATA TRANSLATION INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DATA TRANSLATION INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DATA TRANSLATION INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DATA TRANSLATION INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DATA TRANSLATION INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Data Translation Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Data Translation Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Data Translation Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Data Translation Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Data Translation Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. DATA TRANSLATION INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DATA TRANSLATION INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DATA TRANSLATION INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DATA TRANSLATION INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DATA TRANSLATION INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DATA TRANSLATION INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Data Translation Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Data Translation Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Data Translation Inc. Major Shareholders
Data Translation Inc. History
Data Translation Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Data Translation Inc. Offices and Representations
Data Translation Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Data Translation Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Data Translation Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Data Translation Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Data Translation Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Data Translation Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Data Translation Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Data Translation Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Data Translation Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Data Translation Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Data Translation Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Data Translation Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?