- The report contains detailed information about Comtech Telecommunications Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Comtech Telecommunications Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Comtech Telecommunications Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Comtech Telecommunications Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Comtech Telecommunications Corp. business.
About Comtech Telecommunications Corp.
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. engages in the design, development, production, and marketing of products, systems, and services for communications solutions.
The company conducts its business through three segments: Telecommunications Transmission, Mobile Data Communications, and RF Microwave Amplifiers.
Telecommunications Transmission Segment
This segment provides equipment and systems that are used to enhance satellite transmission efficiency and that enable wireless communications in environments where terrestrial communications are unavailable or too expensive. These products and systems are used in a variety of commercial and government applications, including the backhaul of wireless and cellular traffic, broadcasting (including HDTV), IP-based communications traffic, long distance telephony and highly secure defense applications.
Products, Services and Applications
Satellite Earth Station Equipment and Systems The company provides customers a one-stop shopping approach by offering a range of satellite earth station equipment. Its product offerings include satellite earth station modems, BUCs, power amplifiers, transceivers, access devices, voice gateways, IP encapsulators, and media routers. The company markets its products under various brand names, including Comtech EF Data, Radyne, Vipersat, Memotec, and Verso.
CDM-600 The CDM-600 includes an option that allows end-users to incorporate its patented TPC, a forward error correction technology which can reduce satellite transponder lease costs or increase satellite earth station modem data throughput. The CDM-600 provides connectivity up to 20 Mbps.
CDM-625 The CDM-625 is a modem to combine low density parity check (LDPC), a forward error correction technology, as well as DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier bandwidth compression, a technique that allows satellite earth stations to transmit and receive at the same frequency. The CDM-625 is marketed toward users who require connectivity up to 25 Mbps.
CDM-750 Advanced High-Speed Trunking Modem The CDM-750 accommodates the Internet Service Provider (ISP) and telecommunications backhaul links by offering users the combination of space segment saving capabilities.
Advanced VSAT Series of Products This product suite, which includes its CDM-800 Gateway Router, CDM-840 Remote Router, the CDD-880 Multi-Receiver Router and the CXU-810 RAN Optimizer is ideally suited for cellular backhaul, universal service obligation networks and other applications which require high performance in a hub-spoke environment.
DMD20 The DMD20 can be used by virtually its entire global customer base. The DMD20 is compatible with its CDM-600 and, with an optional communication link, allows network operators to monitor and control their BUCs.
SLM-5650A Suited for government and military applications, its SLM-5650A can be integrated with its Vipersat Management System to provide fully automated network and capacity management.
DMD2050 Based on military standards, the DMD2050 is designed for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) but also includes commercial industry functionality while transmitting data up to 52 Mbps. This modem is compatible with many of its modems, including the SLM-5650A.
CDM-570 An entry level modem that provides performance and flexibility; it is marketed toward users who require connectivity up to 5 Mbps.
Many of its modems are available with customer selectable features, including LDPC, DoubleTalk Carrier-in-Carrier bandwidth compression, VersaFEC (a forward error correction technology) and optional IP modules which can provide advanced features and bandwidth efficiencies.
Over-the-Horizon Microwave Equipment and Systems The company designs, develops, produces, and markets over-the-horizon microwave (also known as troposcatter) communications equipment and systems that can transmit voice, video and data over unfriendly or inaccessible terrain from 20 to 600 miles by reflecting transmitted signals off of the troposphere, an atmospheric layer located approximately seven miles above the earths surface. End-users of its equipment include the U.S. government,
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Comtech Telecommunications Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Comtech Telecommunications Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Major Shareholders
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. History
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Offices and Representations
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?