- The report contains detailed information about Compellent Technologies, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Compellent Technologies, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Compellent Technologies, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Compellent Technologies, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Compellent Technologies, Inc. business.
About Compellent Technologies, Inc.
Compellent Technologies, Inc. provides enterprise-class network storage solutions. The companys Storage Center is a Storage Area Network (SAN), which enable users to store, recover, and manage large amounts of data.
Single, Intuitive Management Interface
The companys Storage Centers software applications are managed through a single interface that spans its entire set of technologies, capabilities and configurations.
Data Progression (Automated Tiered Storage)
Storage Centers Data Progression application automatically classifies and migrates blocks of data based on user selected policies. When combined with Fast Track application, blocks of data are dynamically placed on the appropriate tracks on each drive within the system. Users can configure storage tiers based on technology, performance redundancy, or other criteria. Storage Centers block-level intelligence allows blocks of data to move both up and down tiers of storage and across drives for appropriate placement over time based on frequency of access. With Data Progression technology, images are automatically placed, or can be manually placed by end users, on the appropriate tier of storage based on the required level of performance. Active images are stored on the Fibre-Channel Drives, which utilize enterprise-class protocols and hard drives. Inactive images can be stored on lower cost storage, either the Mid-Tier Fibre Channel Drives, which utilize enterprise-class protocol and lower tier hard drives, or Serial ATA Drives, which utilize higher density and lower performance.
Data Instant Replay (Continuous Snapshots)
Storage Centers Data Instant Replay application creates space-efficient copies of data, called Replays that enable recovery from data hazards, creation of test environments and duplication of boot volumes. End users can create Replays at multiple time intervals and keep those Replays as long as required. With Replays, end users are able to create more recovery points, which can reduce potential data loss and dependence on tape backups by allowing recovery to be targeted as close as possible to the time before the failure occurred.
Server Instant Replay (Boot from SAN)
Storage Centers Server Instant Replay application integrates with Storage Centers Data Instant Replay application to provide snapshots of server boot images that are stored and booted from a SAN instead of from local disks. This capability enables end users to deploy diskless servers and significantly simplifies server management. Each new boot image is created by taking a Replay of the initial boot image, which includes pointers to the original gold image rather than creating a duplicate copy of equal size. An intuitive wizard automates the set-up, management and restoration process.
Remote Instant Replay (Thin Replication)
Storage Centers Remote Instant Replay application creates any number of space-efficient Replays between primary and remote data centers without a pre-allocation of space. This granularity enables shorter recovery intervals, enabling end users near instant recovery from any point in time. Storage Centers hardware ships with a native iSCSI interface, allowing its system to replicate over long distances using existing Ethernet networks. It supports both IP-based and Fibre Channel replication. Storage Centers intuitive interface also enables users to test and verify disaster recovery online. This streamlined replication management is designed to allow recovery from a disaster in seconds with a single click disaster declaration.
Compellents Portable Volume jumpstarts replication, reducing initial synchronization time to days or even hours without the need for high-speed connections or a duplicate array. Instead of transmitting data via conventional links, end users connect a Portable Volume primed with the replication information needed for the initial synchronization to the primary storage array. Once the data to be replicated is loaded onto the portable disk drive, end users pack the drive in a protective travel case and carry or ship it to the secondary site. At the destination site, Storage Cen
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COMPELLENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COMPELLENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COMPELLENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COMPELLENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COMPELLENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Compellent Technologies, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Compellent Technologies, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Compellent Technologies, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Compellent Technologies, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Compellent Technologies, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. COMPELLENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COMPELLENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COMPELLENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COMPELLENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COMPELLENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COMPELLENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Compellent Technologies, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Compellent Technologies, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Compellent Technologies, Inc. Major Shareholders
Compellent Technologies, Inc. History
Compellent Technologies, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Compellent Technologies, Inc. Offices and Representations
Compellent Technologies, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Compellent Technologies, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Compellent Technologies, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Compellent Technologies, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Compellent Technologies, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Compellent Technologies, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Compellent Technologies, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Compellent Technologies, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Compellent Technologies, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Compellent Technologies, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Compellent Technologies, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Compellent Technologies, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?