- The report contains detailed information about COM DEV International Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for COM DEV International Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The COM DEV International Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes COM DEV International Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of COM DEV International Ltd. business.
About COM DEV International Ltd.
COM DEV International Ltd. engages in the design, manufacture, and distribution of space-based wireless communications products and subsystems, as well as space science and optical instruments.
The company designs and manufactures products, such as multiplexers, filters, switches, batteries, Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) devices and SAW-based Intermediate Frequency (IF) processors, antenna subsystems, and electronic and optical instruments for Earth observation and space exploration programs. It designs and manufactures multiplexers, switching networks, and antenna subsystems. In addition, the company designs and manufactures space science and optical instruments for the civil space market.
Multiplexers and Filters: Microwave filters are used in the input and output multiplexers of a communications satellite payload. Their primary function is to segment the microwave signal passing through the payload to facilitate routing, processing and amplification. The company manufactures a line of these products covering all the frequency bands used by commercial communications satellites, and offers these products to the defence markets worldwide.
Space Qualified Microwave Switches: The microwave switches manufactured by COM DEV perform two main functions in satellite payloads, including low loss routing of microwave signals for connectivity or to meet changing payload traffic patterns; and providing redundancy switching networks. COM DEV designs, manufactures and markets a range of waveguide and coaxial switches.
Intermediate Frequency (IF) Products: An IF processor is a subsystem used on board a multi-beam mobile communications satellite to process signals. It performs frequency conversion, filtering and connectivity switching. The narrower channel bandwidths and the associated frequency conversions required by these multi-beam payloads are accomplished through the use of the companys Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) technology. The company designed and manufactured IF processors which was a combination of IF converters and microwave switch matrices.
The company has developed the BEAM LINK product which is a radio frequency electronic subsystem technology that divides transponder channels into multiple subchannels, which could then be independently routed to various beams on a multibeam satellite.
Automatic Identification System: An Automatic Identification System (AIS) is a system of communications designed to prevent ships from colliding with one another. The companys subsidiary, exactEarth Ltd. has developed a product known as exactAIS, in which the receivers of the AIS signals are placed within microsatellites located in space. This allows exactAIS to receive AIS signals within a 5,000 kilometer field of view at any given time. The partners of exactEarth include: the company; University of Toronto Institute of Aerospace Studies Space Flight Lab; Gatehouse A/S; and the Indian Space Research Organisation. The company also has a contract from the Canadian Space Agency and Department of National Defence to build an advanced demonstration microsatellite containing a second generation AIS payload and a low data rate two way communications payload for maritime applications.
The companys customers include Lockheed Martin; Space Systems/Loral; Boeing; EMS; Alenia Spazio; Astrium; European Space Agency; NASA (Jet Propulsion Laboratories); Northrop Grumman; Canadian Space Agency; Alcatel; NEC; Melco; Orbital; CMC; India Space Research Organization; China Association of Space Technology; and NT Space.
The company was founded in 1971. It was formerly known as COM DEV Holdings, Ltd. and changed its name to COM DEV International Ltd. in 1994.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COM DEV INTERNATIONAL LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COM DEV INTERNATIONAL LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COM DEV INTERNATIONAL LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COM DEV INTERNATIONAL LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COM DEV INTERNATIONAL LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. COM DEV International Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of COM DEV International Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of COM DEV International Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. COM DEV International Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. COM DEV International Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. COM DEV INTERNATIONAL LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COM DEV INTERNATIONAL LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COM DEV INTERNATIONAL LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COM DEV INTERNATIONAL LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COM DEV INTERNATIONAL LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COM DEV INTERNATIONAL LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
COM DEV International Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
COM DEV International Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
COM DEV International Ltd. Major Shareholders
COM DEV International Ltd. History
COM DEV International Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
COM DEV International Ltd. Offices and Representations
COM DEV International Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
COM DEV International Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
COM DEV International Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
COM DEV International Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
COM DEV International Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
COM DEV International Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
COM DEV International Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
COM DEV International Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
COM DEV International Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
COM DEV International Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
COM DEV International Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
COM DEV International Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?