- The report contains detailed information about CIENA Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CIENA Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CIENA Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CIENA Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CIENA Corp. business.
About CIENA Corp.
Ciena Corporation provides communications networking equipment, software, and services that support the transport, switching, aggregation, and management of voice, video, and data traffic. The companys packet-optical transport, packet-optical switching, and carrier ethernet service delivery products are used, individually or as part of an integrated solution, in networks operated by communications service providers, cable operators, governments, and enterprises worldwide.
The companys communications networking products, through their embedded software and its network management software suites, enable network operators to deliver critical enterprise and consumer-oriented communication services.
The company organizes its operations into four separate operating segments: Packet-Optical Transport, Packet-Optical Switching, Carrier Ethernet Service Delivery, and Software and Services.
Products and Services
The company offers a portfolio of communications networking equipment and management software. Its product portfolio consists of its packet-optical transport, packet-optical switching, and carrier ethernet service delivery products, as well as the embedded and network management software that supports these platforms.
The company has focused its product and service offerings on the following network priorities: core and metro network modernization, managed services and enterprise applications, carrier ethernet-based mobile backhaul, and high-capacity submarine networks. In the metro portion of the network, it delivers a converged transport and switching solution that manages circuits, wavelengths, and packets. In managed services applications and enterprise networks, it enables enterprise-oriented services, including storage, data connectivity, video, and business ethernet services. In mobile backhaul applications, it provides wireline and wireless carriers with the tools to migrate their networks to support mobile data applications and enable ethernet-based backhaul. In submarine networks, it improves existing submarine network fiber assets, increasing bandwidth capacity and enabling higher-availability services and differentiated customer-focused offerings.
The companys Packet-Optical Transport portfolio includes industry transport platforms, such as its ActivFlex 6500 Packet-Optical Platform, which features coherent, 40G, and 100G optical transport. Its Packet-Optical Transport platforms include flexible, scalable wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) solutions that enable transport of voice, video, and data related to various services for core networks, as well as regional and metro networks. It offers scalable Packet-Optical Transport platforms, including various chassis sizes and a set of line cards. Its Packet-Optical Transport products support the delivery of various consumer-oriented network services, as well as key managed service and enterprise applications.
Its Packet-Optical Transport family of products focuses on optical transport and includes reconfigurable optical add-drop multiplexer (ROADM) capability. In addition to its CN 4200 FlexSelect Advanced Services Platform (ActivSpan 4200) and its Corestream Agility Optical Transport System, its Packet-Optical Transport portfolio includes the following products acquired from the MEN Business: Optical Multiservice Edge 6500 (ActivFlex 6500 Packet Optical Platform); Optical Multiservice Edge 6110 (ActivFlex 6110 Multiservice Optical Platform); Optical Metro 5200 (ActivSpan 5200); Common Photonic Layer (ActivSpan CPL); Optical Multiservice Edge 1000 series (OME 1000); and Optical Metro 3500 (OM 3500).
The companys Packet-Optical Transport solutions also include legacy SONET/SDH products and legacy data networking products, as well as certain enterprise-oriented transport solutions that support storage and LAN extension, interconnection of data centers, and virtual private networks.
The companys Packet-Optical Switching family of products provides TDM switching and packet switching capability. Its principal Packet-Optical Switching product is its CoreDirector Multiser
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CIENA CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CIENA CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CIENA CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CIENA CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CIENA CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CIENA Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CIENA Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CIENA Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CIENA Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CIENA Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. CIENA CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CIENA CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CIENA CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CIENA CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CIENA CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CIENA CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CIENA Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CIENA Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CIENA Corp. Major Shareholders
CIENA Corp. History
CIENA Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CIENA Corp. Offices and Representations
CIENA Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CIENA Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CIENA Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
CIENA Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
CIENA Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CIENA Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CIENA Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CIENA Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
CIENA Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
CIENA Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CIENA Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CIENA Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?