- The report contains detailed information about China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. business.
About China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd.
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. provides conditional access (CA) systems to the digital television market in the Peoples Republic of China (PRC). The company also licenses its set-top box design to set-top box manufacturers and sells digital television application software, such as electronic program guides and subscriber management systems to digital television network operators.
The companys CA systems, which consist of smart cards, head-end software for television network operators, and terminal-end software for set-top box manufacturers, enable digital television network operators in the PRC to control the distribution of content and value-added services to their subscribers and block unauthorized access to their networks. As of December 31, 2009, the company had installed CA systems at 244 digital television network operators in 27 of the 32 provinces, autonomous regions and centrally administered municipalities in the PRC.
The company sells its CA systems and digital television application software to PRC television network operators, including cable, mobile, satellite, and terrestrial television network operators; and enterprises that maintain private cable television networks within their facilities and media operators.
Products and Services
The companys primary products and services include the following: CA systems, including smart cards, head-end software, and terminal-end software; other digital television application software for television network operators; and set-top box designs.
The companys CA systems consist of software that is installed at the premises of the television network operator, or the head end; software that is installed in a set-top box at the subscribers end, or the terminal end; and smart cards that are inserted into the set-top boxes. At both the head end and the terminal end, its CA systems are designed to interface with the software and hardware of other vendors.
The companys CA systems give cable television network operators to charge subscribers on a per-channel or per-view basis, and to restrict viewers from making copies of the programs they watch. Its CA systems also support or offer the functions: video on demand; near video-on-demand; push video-on-demand; personal video recorder; parental control; location control; e-wallets; messaging; and upgrades. The company guarantees the security of the encryption technologies of its CA systems. In the event of a security problem, it undertakes to attempt to resolve the problem by taking steps, such as resetting the encryption code or adding additional layers of encryption.
Smart Cards: The companys smart cards are manufactured by third-party manufacturers based on its blueprints and then are encoded by the company on its premises with security codes. It forwards the chips to smart card manufacturers in the PRC, which embed the chips in plastic cards.
Head-End Software: The companys head-end software includes an entitlement management message generator, which notifies the smart card whether the subscriber is entitled to view a program or not; an entitlement control message generator, which sends messages that the set-top box uses to unscramble the digital television signal; and encryption software, which encrypts the outgoing messages. The companys head-end software also includes simulcryption software that allows network operators to install parallel CA systems from multiple vendors and transmit their programs to subscribers using one CA systems security codes and to other subscribers using another CA systems security codes. Its simulcryption software and open-interface technology enable it to work with operators to install parallel CA systems, and it has integrated its CA systems with those of NDS Group, Irdeto Access BV, Sumavision Technologies Co., Ltd., and DVN Holdings Ltd. As of December 31, 2009, its CA systems had been installed at 244 digital television network operators.
Terminal-End Software: The company licenses its CA systems terminal-end software to whichever set-top box manufacturer has been chosen by its customer to produce set-top boxes compatible with its CA systems
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CHINA DIGITAL TV HOLDING CO., LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHINA DIGITAL TV HOLDING CO., LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHINA DIGITAL TV HOLDING CO., LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHINA DIGITAL TV HOLDING CO., LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHINA DIGITAL TV HOLDING CO., LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. CHINA DIGITAL TV HOLDING CO., LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHINA DIGITAL TV HOLDING CO., LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHINA DIGITAL TV HOLDING CO., LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHINA DIGITAL TV HOLDING CO., LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CHINA DIGITAL TV HOLDING CO., LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CHINA DIGITAL TV HOLDING CO., LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. Major Shareholders
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. History
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. Offices and Representations
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
China Digital TV Holding Co., Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?