- The report contains detailed information about CellPoint Inc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CellPoint Inc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CellPoint Inc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CellPoint Inc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CellPoint Inc business.
About CellPoint Inc
Cellpoint, Inc. focuses on the worldwide development, marketing, distribution, sales, implementation, and support of mobile location software technology and platforms for digital cellular networks.
The Company focuses on the worldwide development, marketing, distribution, sales, implementation and support of mobile location software technology and platforms for digital cellular networks. Its positioning technology, location services platforms are collectively marketed under the name the CellPoint System. The company's two core products are marketed under the names Mobile Location System (MLS) and Mobile Location Broker (MLB)
The CellPoint System enables users to determine the position of a cellular telephone or mobile device, such as a Personal Digital Assistant (PDA), for use in a broad range of consumer and business applications. The primary location service application areas today include resource management of mobile workforce personnel, friend-finding relative to one's own location, personal security services, information and entertainment services. In the resource and fleet management application, companies can view and track their mobile service personnel over the Internet. Information and entertainment services include location-sensitive traffic reports, weather, and concierge information services such as the location of the nearest hotel, cinema, restaurant, bank machine or repair shop.
Emergency applications could include locating persons making emergency calls, roadside assistance in the event of vehicle breakdown or location of a disabled or impaired person who may be lost or missing. Friend-finding allows users to maintain buddy lists and view the location of pre-defined, consenting individuals relative to their own location, send messages to these people or call them. Personal security services offer added security to people in higher risk occupations such as night security guards, chauffeurs, tax collectors, health care personnel, postal delivery persons and couriers.
The Company provides location-enabling solutions toward mobile operators and service providers throughout the world.
The Companys core business is to provide location system software, including location platforms and selective location technology. Core operations are Product Portfolio Management, Systems Management, Product/Systems Development, Systems Verification, 2nd and 3rd line support, marketing and direct touch/partner sales and sales support. Non-core operations are supply and support of hardware (e.g. computer platforms), 1st line support and systems integration.
The clear requirement for third generation/UMTS terminals to operate in GSM and CDMA networks and the need for a combination of high-accuracy positioning methods coupled to technologies offering high-position availability has lead the company to develop a location platform offering a powerful combination of Assisted Global Positioning System (A-GPS) and Cell-based positioning for trusted clients at a very competitive price to the operator. The solutions offer full support for inter-network roaming.
In order to support 3rd party applications as well as trusted applications, the company offers a middleware platform, MLB handling anonymity, end-user privacy management and geo-server support with centralized map rendering, routing, geo-coding and reverse geo-coding.
The Company is an end-to-end developer, supplier and enabler of mobile location software technology and platforms. The Company provides systems in the location technology and the middleware.
MLS provides a generic location and messaging platform. In order to support third party applications as well as trusted applications, the company offers a middleware platform, MLB, which handles anonymity, end-user privacy management and geo-server support with centralized map rendering, routing, geo-coding and reverse geo-coding.
The CellPoint System utilizes:
A standard GSM, GPRS, CDMA or UMTS cellular network; Proprietary server system, the CellPoint Mobile Location System, (server hardware and software) interacting with the cellular network operator's system, placed at the operator's site, at CellPoint's premises or third party premises; A standard cellular phone, WAP phone or other mobile device; Application software; and The Internet.
The server consists of a number of computers that manage the traffic between the network and the application software. It is designed to handle large quantities of messages used in complex applications. The Mobile Location System manages the communication processes, including routing of messages, calculation of positions, database management and bi-directional message confirmation.
Application software has been developed based on market and customer driven principles. Normally these applications provide a graphical or text interface to display positions on a computer terminal or mobile phone and can also present information relative to another person's position.
The Company provides mobile location software technology and platforms enabling location service applications in target markets around the world. The Company begins with installing the CellPoint location services platform with a cellular network operator. The network operator, or a third party, will then market selected location services as value-added services offered to the end-users of the cellular network.
Cellpoint, Inc., formerly known as Technor International, Inc., was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CELLPOINT INC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CELLPOINT INC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CELLPOINT INC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CELLPOINT INC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CELLPOINT INC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CellPoint Inc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CellPoint Inc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CellPoint Inc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CellPoint Inc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CellPoint Inc Industry Position Analysis
6. CELLPOINT INC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CELLPOINT INC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CELLPOINT INC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWEDEN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CELLPOINT INC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CELLPOINT INC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CELLPOINT INC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CellPoint Inc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CellPoint Inc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CellPoint Inc Major Shareholders
CellPoint Inc History
CellPoint Inc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CellPoint Inc Offices and Representations
CellPoint Inc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CellPoint Inc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CellPoint Inc Capital Market Snapshot
CellPoint Inc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
CellPoint Inc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CellPoint Inc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CellPoint Inc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CellPoint Inc 1-year Stock Charts
CellPoint Inc 5-year Stock Charts
CellPoint Inc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CellPoint Inc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CellPoint Inc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?