- The report contains detailed information about Canon Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Canon Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Canon Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Canon Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Canon Inc. business.
About Canon Inc.
Canon, Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and sells digital multifunction devices (MFD), plain paper copying machines, laser beam printers, inkjet printers, cameras, and steppers. The company primarily operates in Japan, the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Canon has manufacturing subsidiaries in various countries, including the United States, Germany, France, Taiwan, China, Malaysia, Thailand, and Vietnam.
Canon operates its business in three segments: the Office Business Unit, the Consumer Business Unit, and the Industry and Others Business Unit.
Office Business Unit
Canon manufactures, markets, and services a range of monochrome network digital MFDs, color network digital MFDs, office copying machines, and personal-use copying machines. Canon has launched a new lineup of digital color MFDs offered as the imageRUNNER ADVANCE series. This series performs multiple functions, such as copying, printing, scanning, faxing and data-sharing on the Internet and customer intranets. Canon is also marketing expansion modules, software and business solutions to increase customer value. Canon has developed image processing chip called Advanced iR Controller and an expandable and functional platform known as Multifunctional Embedded Application Platform (MEAP).
Canon launched the imageRUNNER ADVANCE series in 2009, a new document service platform that blends hardware, software and services for use in different business environments. It bridges the distance between user and multifunction printer to transform business and digital communications. With this new series, Canon expanded its color MFD offerings with products, such as the imageRUNNER ADVANCE C9075PRO, imageRUNNER ADVANCE C7065 and imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5051, further expediting the shift from monochrome to color.
In concert with the introduction of the imageRUNNER ADVANCE series, Canon announced the launch of Canon Managed Document Services (Canon MDS), a unified global initiative for outsourced printing and document management services, setting a new standard for delivering managed print services to regional and global customers.
In 2009, Canon announced an expanded alliance with Hewlett-Packard. By improving cooperation between the two companies in terms of product lines and services structure, Canon and Hewlett-Packard offers office workflow solutions that are responsive to client needs.
Canon offers color network digital MFDs for users ranging from professional graphic designers to business offices. Canons network digital MFDs and color network digital MFDs are available in the print-on-demand market. The imagePRESS 6000/7000 series and the imagePRESS C1+ were launched in the market. Most of Canons laser printer sales are made on an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) basis. The Office Business Unit also includes the related sales of paper and chemicals, service, and replacement parts.
Consumer Business Unit
Canon manufactures and markets digital cameras and digital video cameras, as well as lenses and various other camera accessories. During 2009, Canon introduced fifteen new models to market, including the PowerShot G11 and PowerShot S90, which combine high-ISO sensors with the DIGIC 4 image processor in a dual clear system reducing noise while expanding dynamic range, and the PowerShot SD980 IS DIGITAL ELPH, with a touch panel display that allows for intuitive operations. In the entry-level class, Canon released the EOS Rebel T1i (Kiss X3 in Japan and 500D elsewhere) in April. The EOS Rebel T1i features an approximately 15-megapixel APS-C size CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4.
In the mid-range product class, Canon released the EOS 7D in September with an approximately 18-megapixel APS-C size CMOS sensor and two DIGIC 4 image processors. Canon released the EOS-1D Mark IV for professionals in December. This model includes approximately 16-megapixel APS-H size CMOS sensor and dual DIGIC 4 and features an expanded range of ISO settings for normal use between 100 and 12800. In 2008, Canon introduced a series of flash memory models to the digital video camera market ahead of its competitors. In 2009, Canon launched a series of flash
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CANON INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CANON INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CANON INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CANON INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CANON INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Canon Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Canon Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Canon Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Canon Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Canon Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CANON INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CANON INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CANON INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CANON INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CANON INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CANON INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Canon Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Canon Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Canon Inc. Major Shareholders
Canon Inc. History
Canon Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Canon Inc. Offices and Representations
Canon Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Canon Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Canon Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Canon Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Canon Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Canon Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Canon Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Canon Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Canon Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Canon Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Canon Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Canon Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?