- The report contains detailed information about CalAmp Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CalAmp Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CalAmp Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CalAmp Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CalAmp Corp. business.
About CalAmp Corp.
CalAmp Corp. engages in the development and marketing of wireless communications solutions that deliver data, voice, and video for critical networked communications and other applications.
The companys two business segments are Wireless DataCom, which serves utility, governmental and enterprise customers; and Satellite, which focuses on the North American Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS) market.
Wireless Datacom segment
The Wireless DataCom segment provides wireless communications technologies, products and services to the wireless networks and mobile resource management markets for a range of applications, including optimizing and automating electricity distribution and ancillary utility functions; facilitating communication and coordination among emergency first-responders.
The company designs and provides solutions involving various combinations of private and public (cellular infrastructure) networks, narrow-band and broad-band frequencies, licensed and unlicensed radio spectrum, and mobile and fixed-remote communications. The companys Wireless DataCom segment is comprised of a Wireless Networks business and a Mobile Resource Management (MRM) business.
CalAmps Wireless Networks business provides products and systems to state and local governmental entities and industrial/utility/transportation enterprises for deployment where the ability to communicate with mobile personnel or to command and control remote assets is crucial. The companys wireless technology solutions play a role in support of North American Homeland Security initiatives and electrical grid modernization.
Municipal, county and state governments, public safety agencies and emergency first-responders rely on CalAmp solutions for public safety mobile communications. CalAmp designs and builds multi-network wireless systems that permit first-responder fire, police and Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel to access data and communicate remotely with colleagues, dispatchers and back-office databases.
Utilities, oil & gas, mining, rail and security companies depend on CalAmp products for wireless data communications to and from outlying locations, permitting real-time monitoring, activation, and control of remote equipment. Applications include remotely measuring freshwater and wastewater flows, pipeline flow monitoring for oil and gas transport, automated utility meter reading, remote Internet access, and perimeter monitoring.
Mobile Resource Management (MRM)
CalAmps MRM business addresses the need for location awareness and control of assets on the move. MRM wireless solutions include Global Positioning System (GPS) location, cellular data modems and programmable events-based notification firmware as key components, allowing customers to know where and how their assets are performing, no matter where those mobile assets are located. Commercial organizations, vehicle finance companies, city and county governments, and a range of other enterprises rely on CalAmp products and systems to optimize delivery of services and protect valuable assets. Applications include fleet management, asset tracking, student and school bus tracking and route optimization, stolen vehicle recovery, remote asset security, remote start, and machine-to-machine communications. In addition to functioning as an OEM supplier of location and communications hardware for MRM applications, CalAmp is a total solutions provider of turn-key systems incorporating location and communications hardware, cellular airtime and Web-based remote asset management tools and interfaces.
The Satellite segment develops, manufactures, and sells DBS outdoor customer premise equipment (CPE) for digital and high definition satellite TV reception. CalAmps DBS products have been sold primarily to the two the U.S. DBS system operators, EchoStar and DirecTV, for incorporation into complete subscription satellite television systems.
The companys DBS reception products are installed at subscriber premises to receive television programming signals transmitted from orbiting satellites. These DBS reception products consist principally of reflector dish antennae and the outdoor electronics that receive, process, amplify and switch satellite television signals for distribution over coaxial cable to multiple set-top boxes inside the home that can acquire, recognize and process the signal to create a picture.
Sales and Marketing
The sales and marketing functions for the MRM business are located in San Diego and Irvine, California. The sales and marketing functions for the Wireless Networks business are located in Waseca, Minnesota, Atlanta, Georgia and Montreal. In addition, the Wireless DataCom segment has a small sales office in Europe. The sales and marketing functions for the Satellite segment are located primarily at the Companys corporate headquarters in Oxnard, California.
The companys customers include EchoStar and EF Johnson Technologies, Inc.
Wireless DataCom: The companys principal competitors for its wireless products include Motorola, GE-MDS, Freewave, GenX, Trackn and Enfora.
Satellite: The companys principal competitors for DBS products include Sharp, Wistron NeWeb Corporation, Microelectronics Technology and Pro Brand.
CalAmp Corp. was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CALAMP CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CALAMP CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CALAMP CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CALAMP CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CALAMP CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CalAmp Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CalAmp Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CalAmp Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CalAmp Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CalAmp Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. CALAMP CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CALAMP CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CALAMP CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CALAMP CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CALAMP CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CALAMP CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CalAmp Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CalAmp Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CalAmp Corp. Major Shareholders
CalAmp Corp. History
CalAmp Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CalAmp Corp. Offices and Representations
CalAmp Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CalAmp Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CalAmp Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
CalAmp Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
CalAmp Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CalAmp Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CalAmp Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CalAmp Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
CalAmp Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
CalAmp Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CalAmp Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CalAmp Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?