- The report contains detailed information about Brother Industries, Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Brother Industries, Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Brother Industries, Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Brother Industries, Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Brother Industries, Ltd. business.
About Brother Industries, Ltd.
Brother Industries, Ltd. engages in the manufacture and distribution of sewing machines.
The companys line of products includes sewing machines for home and industrial use; and machine tools and information and communications equipment, such as printers, facsimiles and multi-function centers. The company has 41 sales companies in 39 countries.
Printing & Solutions
The Printing & Solutions (P&S) product range includes various printing technology based products, such as printers, facsimiles, multi-function centers featuring multiple capabilities, including printing, copying, scanning in one unit, and labeling systems. The P&S offers business solutions designed to fit in the SOHO (Small Office Home Office) environment and in departmental work groups in larger companies, designing products that help streamline workflow.
Personal & Home
The Personal & Home (P&H) category encompasses all of the company's sewing products and services, including domestic sewing and embroidery machines. The P&H product line offers a range of products, from conventional home sewing machines to computer-Internet-connected sewing machines with possibilities for creative sewing and embroidery.
Machinery & Solution
The Machinery & Solution (M&S) business offers customers solutions that meet the needs of their production sites through industrial sewing machines and machine tools. The machine tools section provides machines that specialize in cutting small parts for automobiles, hard disc drives, and mobile phones.
Others consists of network karaoke services, information distribution services for cellular phones, real estate, leasing parts, and other areas of business.
The MFC-6490CW is a color inkjet all-in-one to integrate up to ledger. It includes wireless networking, fast print speeds up to 35/28 pages per minute black/color print speed, up to 6000 x 1200 dpi resolutions, widescreen 3.3 color LCD display, and uses high yield ink cartridges.
The MFC-9840CDW is the digital multi-function center equipped with the companys original color laser engine. It features up to 21 pages per minute print speed for both color and monochrome printing, and produces high resolution 2400 x 600 dpi output. It also offers flexibility for both wired and wireless workgroups. This model focuses on delivering color laser printing with all-in-one capabilities for desktops and small offices.
The HL-2170W is a monochrome laser printer that is used for printer sharing. This laser printer features up to 23 pages per minute output for print and 32MB of memory for process. It also provides flexible connectivity with USB, wireless and wired network interfaces. This machine meets the demand for flexible connectivity options in home office environments.
The PT-2700 is a desktop labeler designed for professional users in office field. This featured packed model can be used as a portable labeler, or connected to a PC. The machine can print/display time & date with a simple key operation and also comes with a large back-light graphic display for viewing.
The INNOV-IS 50/80 has the sewing technology in a portable size. It is feature packed with 135 built-in stitches, including 10 buttonhole styles, advances needle threading system, and back-lit LCD screen with digital stitch length and width controls. It also offers direct stitch selection control panel for stitch selection.
The programmable electronic sewing machine is used to sew geometric patterns, such as hip pockets on jeans, shoes, and bags. This industrial sewing machine uses a direct drive system with the companys original drive motor, which minimizes the loss of driving force that is transmitted to the sewing mechanism. Wider sewing area of the BAS-342G enables the company to sew broader range, such as sport shoes and bags, and vehicle airbags.
Model TC-31B CTS is a small column traverse machine. The self-developed NC control board built into the machine achieves processing. This model is able to conduct deep-hole processing at high speeds as it has a coolant-through-spindle function. This enables this model to be used in various workpiece processing applications, not only for IT-related device like hard disk drives, but also for automobiles and two-wheel vehicles.
Brother Industries, Ltd. was founded in 1908.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BROTHER INDUSTRIES, LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BROTHER INDUSTRIES, LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BROTHER INDUSTRIES, LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BROTHER INDUSTRIES, LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BROTHER INDUSTRIES, LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Brother Industries, Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Brother Industries, Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Brother Industries, Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Brother Industries, Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Brother Industries, Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. BROTHER INDUSTRIES, LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BROTHER INDUSTRIES, LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BROTHER INDUSTRIES, LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BROTHER INDUSTRIES, LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BROTHER INDUSTRIES, LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BROTHER INDUSTRIES, LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Brother Industries, Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Brother Industries, Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Brother Industries, Ltd. Major Shareholders
Brother Industries, Ltd. History
Brother Industries, Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Brother Industries, Ltd. Offices and Representations
Brother Industries, Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Brother Industries, Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Brother Industries, Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Brother Industries, Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Brother Industries, Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Brother Industries, Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Brother Industries, Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Brother Industries, Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Brother Industries, Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Brother Industries, Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Brother Industries, Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Brother Industries, Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?