- The report contains detailed information about Blue Coat Systems Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Blue Coat Systems Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Blue Coat Systems Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Blue Coat Systems Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Blue Coat Systems Inc. business.
About Blue Coat Systems Inc.
Blue Coat Systems, Inc. engages in the design, development, and sale of products and services that secure and optimize the delivery of business applications and other information to distributed users over a Wide Area Network (WAN), or the public Internet (also known as the Web).
The companys products provide its end user customers with information about the applications and Web traffic running on their networks, including the ability to discover, classify, manage and control communications between users and applications across internal networks, the WAN and the Internet.
The companys primary end user customers are large and medium distributed enterprises, including finance, healthcare, and other business enterprises, along with U.S. Federal, state and local, and foreign government agencies.
Security: Secure Web Gateway Products
The company designs, develops, and sells, proxy appliances used to control and secure communications for users of a corporate network accessing content on the Internet. These appliances are located at the customers Internet gateway, which is the point where the corporate network connects to the Internet. Its proxy appliance acts as a middleman between users and various applications or Internet content. The companys Secure Web Gateway products are designed to perform functions to provide secure communications with the Internet. Its Secure Web Gateway products are directed at both large enterprises (with 2,000 or more users) and mid-market enterprises (with 500-2,000 users).
Secure Web Gateway for Large Enterprises
The companys Secure Web Gateway solutions for large enterprises include its Blue Coat ProxySG Proxy Edition appliance, which provides proxy, policy and authentication functionality; Blue Coat ProxyAV appliance, which provides malware scanning; Blue Coat Reporter software, which provides consolidated and role-based reporting of enterprise Web Activity; and Blue Coat WebFilter product, which is a content filtering database that operates on its ProxySG appliance and includes client-based software for remote workers. Its WebFilter product is updated on a real-time basis through its remotely hosted WebPulse service, which provides multi-lingual rating of Web content and threats.
Secure Web Gateway for Mid-Market Enterprises
The companys initial Secure Web Gateway solution directed at mid-market enterprises consists of a bundle that includes its ProxySG appliance, its WebFilter database, its ProxyAV appliance, and its Reporter software.
Cloud-Based Secure Web Gateway Service
The company develops a cloud-based service that would provide Secure Web access through a subscription based software-as-a-service (SaaS) or cloud model.
Acceleration: WAN Optimization Products
The companys WAN Optimization products are delivered by the ProxySG appliances that enable its Secure Web Gateway technologies, and are designed to help distributed enterprises optimize and secure the delivery of their business applications. Its WAN Optimization technology provides five capabilities that are designed to optimize the delivery of business applications to users across the distributed enterprise, including bandwidth management; protocol optimization; object caching; byte caching; and compression.
The companys appliances are deployed in both centralized data centers and in branch offices. In addition, it makes WAN Optimization functionality available as client-based software for users requiring optimized application performance.
As of April 30, 2010, the companys principal products that address the WAN Optimization market included the ProxySG appliance, which is directed at large and mid-sized enterprises, the ProxySG Virtual Appliance, which is directed at large and mid-sized enterprises, and the CacheFlow 5000 appliance, which is directed at the carrier infrastructure, or telecommunications service provider, market.
Visibility: Application Performance Monitoring Products
The companys application performance monitoring products identify and classify the applications on the network, provide visibility into network utilization and monitor application resp
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BLUE COAT SYSTEMS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BLUE COAT SYSTEMS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BLUE COAT SYSTEMS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BLUE COAT SYSTEMS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BLUE COAT SYSTEMS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Blue Coat Systems Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Blue Coat Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Blue Coat Systems Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Blue Coat Systems Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Blue Coat Systems Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BLUE COAT SYSTEMS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BLUE COAT SYSTEMS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BLUE COAT SYSTEMS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BLUE COAT SYSTEMS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BLUE COAT SYSTEMS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BLUE COAT SYSTEMS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Blue Coat Systems Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Blue Coat Systems Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Blue Coat Systems Inc. Major Shareholders
Blue Coat Systems Inc. History
Blue Coat Systems Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Blue Coat Systems Inc. Offices and Representations
Blue Coat Systems Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Blue Coat Systems Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Blue Coat Systems Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Blue Coat Systems Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Blue Coat Systems Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Blue Coat Systems Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Blue Coat Systems Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Blue Coat Systems Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Blue Coat Systems Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Blue Coat Systems Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Blue Coat Systems Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Blue Coat Systems Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?