- The report contains detailed information about Aware Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Aware Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Aware Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Aware Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Aware Inc. business.
About Aware Inc.
Aware, Inc. supplies signal processing and digital communications products for imaging and telecommunications applications.
The companys operations are focused on expanding its biometrics product and service offerings, as well as its Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) test and diagnostics product offerings.
The company licenses and sells a range of software products that are used in biometric systems worldwide. Its products provide interoperable, standards-compliant, field-proven biometric functionality for enrollment of fingerprints and facial images, biometric ID card personalization and reading, and transmission of biometric transactions throughout identification networks. Its products are utilized in biometrics systems for criminal justice, border management and credentialing applications through a customer base of OEMs and system integrators. The company also sells to end-users, such as government agencies. Its server-based Biometrics Services Platform (BioSP) is a modular software platform that enables developers, integrators and end-users to rapidly build and deploy centralized multimodal biometric data processing solutions in support of a service-oriented architecture. The company offers professional services to certain customers to assist in the implementation of biometrics systems. It also sells software products for medical and digital imaging applications.
The company sells DSL test and diagnostics hardware and software products to pre-qualify, monitor and troubleshoot DSL service. It sells its hardware and software products to OEM suppliers of DSL test equipment, including automated testheads and handheld testers. It also sells its software products to telephone companies and network equipment suppliers. Its hardware products support all common DSL network architectures in single, easy-to-integrate modules. The company enables connectivity for DSL test and diagnostics applications by supporting interoperability across a footprint of central office and customer premises equipment. Its Dr. DSL software products support pre-qualification, provisioning, rate estimation, troubleshooting and maintenance applications. Its line diagnostics platform (LDP), a test and diagnostics server-based software offering, provides a centralized system for analysis and diagnostics of a service providers DSL network.
Aware Biometrics and Imaging Products and Services
The company provides standards-compliant biometrics software tools that enable integrators, solution providers, and government agencies to compress, analyze, optimize, format, and transport biometric images and data according to domestic and international standards.
The companys biometrics and imaging products address data formatting and interchange software components that support NIST, ISO, INCITS, ICAO, and FIPS 201 standards and enable interoperability; image compression software components for fingerprint and facial image compression, such as WSQ and JPEG2000; PIVSuite family of software development kits (SDKs) supports registration, identity proofing, ID card personalization and issuance applications in compliance with FIPS 201; CaptureSuite is a family of SDKs for automatic capture and processing of fingerprints; image processing for biometric quality analysis, capture and transaction processing applications; and networking software for building and deploying multimodal biometric data workflow solutions.
The companys Biometrics Services Platform (BioSP) is a service-oriented platform for biometrics data processing and integration applications. BioSP supports the collection of biometrics from a distributed network, and subsequent aggregation, analysis, processing and integration of this data into larger systems.
The company sells its biometrics software products to integrators, original equipment manufacture (OEMs) and government agencies. It supplies a range of fingerprint and facial biometric functionality, including enrollment, ID personalization and reading, and networking. Its solutions address border control and management, secure credentialing, and fingerprint background check applications. The company also sells medical imaging and digital imaging software solutions. The company has a large number of OEM customers in the biometrics, medical and digital imaging markets. Its professional services are focused on assisting customers with the design and development of systems for biometrics applications.
Aware DSL Test and Diagnostics Products
The company had developed test and diagnostics hardware and software products based upon its universal DMT (UDMT) and Dr. DSL technology. These products are designed to improve the ability of service providers to pre-qualify, provision, monitor, and troubleshoot DSL networks by enabling them to collect information and diagnose problems regarding their service offerings.
Awares UDMT modem modules are software-configured to emulate both Digital Subscriber Line Access Multiplexers (DSLAMs) at central office end of the line and customer premise equipment (CPE) at the remote customer of the line across a range of DSL technologies, including ADSL, ADSL2+, legacy VDSL1/1.5, and VDSL2.
The companys principal UDMT modem modules include the 450/455, 475, 550 and 600 model numbers. Each can be software configured to support DSLAM or CPE emulation. It primarily sells its hardware products to OEMs who supply DSL automated test equipment and DSL handheld testers.
Awares Dr. DSL software modules perform pre-qualification, fault detection, line diagnostics and line analysis functionality. Dr. DSL software is utilized by the companys UDMT modules.
The companys Dr. DSL Line Diagnostics Platform (LDP) is a server-based software platform that provides a centralized system for analysis and diagnostics of a service providers DSL lines. It primarily sells Dr. DSL software products to automated test equipment, outside plant equipment, and DSL network equipment suppliers. The company also sells to telephone companies.
During 2009, the companys primary licensing customers were Ikanos Communications, Inc. (Ikanos), Infineon Technologies AG (Infineon), and (Lantiq Deutschland GmbH (Lantiq).
Aware, Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AWARE INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AWARE INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AWARE INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AWARE INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AWARE INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Aware Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Aware Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Aware Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Aware Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Aware Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AWARE INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AWARE INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AWARE INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AWARE INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AWARE INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AWARE INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Aware Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Aware Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Aware Inc. Major Shareholders
Aware Inc. History
Aware Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Aware Inc. Offices and Representations
Aware Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Aware Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Aware Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Aware Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Aware Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Aware Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Aware Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Aware Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Aware Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Aware Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Aware Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Aware Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?