- The report contains detailed information about Avid Technology Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Avid Technology Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Avid Technology Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Avid Technology Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Avid Technology Inc. business.
About Avid Technology Inc.
Avid Technology, Inc. provides digital media content-creation solutions for film, video, audio and broadcast professionals, as well as artists and home enthusiasts.
Customer Market Segments
The company provides digital media content-creation solutions to customers in the seven market segments, such as Education, Creative Enthusiasts, Independent Professionals, Government and Commercial, Post Facilities, and Broadcast.
Education: This market segment consists of elementary and secondary schools, career technical education programs in high schools, colleges and universities, post-secondary vocational schools, and all teachers and students. The company offers customers in this market segment tools and technologies for video, audio and music that enable students to unleash their creativity and be prepared to succeed in a digital workplace. Its solutions support the technical environments found in schools and on campuses. It sells directly into this market segment using its education sales force and via e-commerce, as well as through distributors and resellers.
Creative Enthusiasts: This market segment is made up of individuals who are music, film or video enthusiasts with varying degrees of involvement in content creation, ranging from casual users to hobbyists, including amateur musicians, disc jockeys, and prosumers. For individuals in this market segment, the company offers user-friendly video and audio solutions. The company sells into this market segment through storefront and on-line retailers, through specialized resellers and directly via e-commerce.
Independent Professionals: This market segment is made up of artists and beginning independent professionals who are engaged in filmmaking, video or music production, live sound performances, or disc-jockeying. The company sells into this market segment through storefront and on-line retailers, through specialized resellers and directly via e-commerce.
Government and Commercial: This market segment comprises corporate and industrial users, government agencies, houses of worship and live sound managers. The company offers integrated and professional product solutions to these customers, whether media creation is their primary business or only an ancillary activity. It also provides a range of professional and consulting services that draw upon its deep domain expertise. The company primarily sells into the Commercial market segment through resellers and directly to Government agencies.
Post Facilities: This market segment consists of both enterprise-class and boutique, independent post production facilities that offer services for the creation of audio, film and television content. For this market segment, the company offers a range of products and solutions, including scalable media storage options and collaborative workflows. The companys domain expertise also allows it to provide customers in this market segment with a range of professional services. The company sells into this market segment through its direct sales force and resellers.
Broadcast: This market segment comprises both large- and small-scale broadcasters and media conglomerates. For customers in this market segment, the company offers a range of broadcast production, control, automation and graphics solutions. The company sells into this market segment through its direct sales force, system integrators and value-added resellers.
Products and Services
The company provides a range of software and hardware solutions, as well as services offerings, to address the needs, skills, and levels found with in its customer market segments.
Professional Video-Editing Solutions: The company offers a range of professional digital, nonlinear software and hardware video-editing solutions. Its Media Composer product line is used to edit television programs, commercials and films, and its NewsCutter and iNews Instinct editors are designed for the fast-paced world of news production. Avid Symphony Nitris DX and Avid DS are used during the online or finishing stage of post production, during which the final program is assembled in high resolution with finished graphics, visu
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AVID TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AVID TECHNOLOGY INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AVID TECHNOLOGY INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AVID TECHNOLOGY INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AVID TECHNOLOGY INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Avid Technology Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Avid Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Avid Technology Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Avid Technology Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Avid Technology Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AVID TECHNOLOGY INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AVID TECHNOLOGY INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AVID TECHNOLOGY INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AVID TECHNOLOGY INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AVID TECHNOLOGY INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AVID TECHNOLOGY INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Avid Technology Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Avid Technology Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Avid Technology Inc. Major Shareholders
Avid Technology Inc. History
Avid Technology Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Avid Technology Inc. Offices and Representations
Avid Technology Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Avid Technology Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Avid Technology Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Avid Technology Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Avid Technology Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Avid Technology Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Avid Technology Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Avid Technology Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Avid Technology Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Avid Technology Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Avid Technology Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Avid Technology Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?