- The report contains detailed information about AU Optronics Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for AU Optronics Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The AU Optronics Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes AU Optronics Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of AU Optronics Corp. business.
About AU Optronics Corp.
AU Optronics Corp. designs, develops, manufactures, assembles, and markets flat panel displays. The company's primary products are thin film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) panels.
The company groups its business into three marketing channels: Information Technology Displays, Consumer Products Displays, and Television Displays. The Information Technology Displays Business Group covers applications, such as desktop and notebook computers. The Consumer Products Displays Business Group covers applications, such as audio-video displays and mobile device displays. The Television Displays Business Group covers applications, such as LCD television.
The company designs, develops, manufactures, assembles, and markets a range of TFT-LCD panels for the following principal product categories: computer products, which typically utilize display panels ranging from 8.9 inches to 24 inches, primarily for use in notebook computers and desktop monitors; consumer electronics products, which typically utilize display panels ranging from 1.2 inches to 10.4 inches or above for use in various products; LCD television, which typically utilizes display panels with panel size of 19 inches to 65 inches; and industrial display, which typically utilizes display panels with panel size of 5.7 inches to 65 inches.
Panels for Notebook Computers: The companys product mix for notebook computers primarily includes 8.9- to 17.3- inch panels.
Panels for Desktop Monitors: The company produces 18.5-inch, 19-inch, and 21.5-inch panels for desktop monitors.
Consumer Electronics Products
The companys panels for consumer electronics products are used in products, such as mobile phones, digital photo frames, digital still cameras, portable navigation display, portable DVD players, digital camcorders, automobile display, amusement, and printer displays.
The companys panels for LCD television consist of panels with a panel size of 19 inches or above. Its portfolio of LCD TV panels consists of 19-inch to 65-inch panels.
The companys panels for industrial display are used in products, such as automatic teller machines, point of sale systems, kiosks, industrial PCs, marine and aviation electronics, game machines, medical equipment, factory automation systems, e-Signage, and public information displays.
Customers, Sales and Marketing
The company sells its panels to original equipment manufacturing service providers and brand companies primarily in Taiwan and Asia. It sells majority of its panels for digital still cameras and camcorders to brand companies based in Japan, Europe, and the United States. It sells its panels for automobile display primarily to component manufacturers for automotive audio and video products based in the United States, Japan, the Peoples Republic of China (the PRC), and Europe.
The company sells its panels for portable DVD players primarily to original equipment manufacturing service providers and component manufacturers, which are located in Taiwan, the PRC, and other Asian countries. The company sells a significant portion of its panels for mobile device products to mobile phone brand companies, such as Nokia, and original equipment manufacturing service providers in the United States, Europe, Japan, Korea, and the PRC. The company's major customer is Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
The companys suppliers include Asahi Glass; Corning Taiwan; Nippon Electric Glass; Chisso Corporation; DIC Corporation; Merck; Cando Corporation; Dai Nippon Printing; Mitsui & Co. (Taiwan), Ltd.; Toppan CFI; Daxon Technology; Nitto Denko; Sumika; Coretronic; Darwin Precisions; Forhouse; Radiant Opto-Electronics; Taiwan Nano Electro-Optical; Nippon Electric Company; Novatek; Orise; and Raydium Semiconductor.
On May 27, 2010, SunPower Technology Ltd. (Jiangsu Sunpower Technology Co. Ltd.) and SunPower Malaysia Manufacturing SDN.BHD entered into a joint venture agreement with AU Optronics Singapore Pte. Ltd. and AU Optronics Corporation. Pursuant to the terms of the joint venture agreement, SPTL and AUO would jointly own the GW-scale Fab 3 facility being constructed in Malaysia through each partys 50% equity ownership interest in the JVC.
In November 2010, AU Optronics Corp. and Evonik Industries have worked together in Evonik Forhouse Optical Polymers (EFOP) joint venture that includes the operation of a plant which produces acrylic polymers for the TFT-LCD industry. The non-exclusive agreement would focus principally on research and development, production planning, and manufacturing.
In December 2010, SunPower Corporation inaugurated AUO SunPower Sdn. Bhd., the company's joint venture solar cell fabrication facility (Fab 3) in Malaysia with AU Optronics Corp. The construction and ramp of Fab 3, located in Melaka, south of Kuala Lumpur.
The companys principal competitors are LG Display Co., Ltd. (LG Display) and Samsung in Korea; Chimei Innolux Corp., Chunghwa Picture Tubes, Ltd., Hannstar Display Corporation, Wintek Corporation, Giantplus Technology Co., Ltd., and Prime View International Co., Ltd. in Taiwan; Sharp, Toshiba, IPS Alpha Technology, Ltd., and Hitachi in Japan; and Shanghai SVA NEC Liquid Crystal Display Co., Ltd., BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd., InfoVision Optoelectronics (Kunshan) Co., Ltd., Century Corporation Co., Ltd. China, Shanghai Tianma Micro Electronics Co., Ltd., and Shenzhen Tianma Micro Electronics Co., Ltd. in the PRC.
On September 17, 2010, AU Optronics Corp. announced to establish a joint venture of LCD module plant with TPV Technology Ltd., for panel module assembly and sales business.
AU Optronics Corp. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AU OPTRONICS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AU OPTRONICS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AU OPTRONICS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AU OPTRONICS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AU OPTRONICS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. AU Optronics Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of AU Optronics Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of AU Optronics Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. AU Optronics Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. AU Optronics Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. AU OPTRONICS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AU OPTRONICS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AU OPTRONICS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. TAIWAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AU OPTRONICS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AU OPTRONICS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AU OPTRONICS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
AU Optronics Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
AU Optronics Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
AU Optronics Corp. Major Shareholders
AU Optronics Corp. History
AU Optronics Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
AU Optronics Corp. Offices and Representations
AU Optronics Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
AU Optronics Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
AU Optronics Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
AU Optronics Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
AU Optronics Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
AU Optronics Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
AU Optronics Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
AU Optronics Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
AU Optronics Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
AU Optronics Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
AU Optronics Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
AU Optronics Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?