- The report contains detailed information about ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ASUSTeK Computer, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. business.
About ASUSTeK Computer, Inc.
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. provides 3C total solutions. Its product portfolio includes notebooks, motherboards, graphics cards, optical drives, information appliances, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, mobile phones, and networking devices.
The companys subsidiaries include AMA Corporation; ASUS Computer International; ASUS Holland B.V.; ASUS Holland Holding B.V.; ASUS International Limited; ASUSChannel Corporation; ASUSTeK Holdings Limited; CaseTek Computer (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.; Protek (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.; Boardtek Computer (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.; ASUS United Technology (Guangzhou) Co., Ltd.; ASUS United Technology (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.; ASUS Computer (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.; Maintek Computer (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.; Systek Computer (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.; ASUSTECH (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.; Linktek Precision (Zuzhou) Co., Limited; Toptek Precision Industry Co., Limited; NAI Ton Technology(Shanghai) Co., Ltd.; Ghinghong Precision Mould Industry (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.; Hong Hua Technology (Suzhou) Co.,Ltd.; Shye Chan (Fujian) Mechanical Industrial Co. Ltd.; Powtek (Shanghai) Co, Ltd.; and Changshu Everbright Material Technology Co., Ltd.
The company and Garmin Ltd. have formed a strategic alliance to design, manufacture and distribute co-branded location-centric mobile phones. Garmin and ASUS engages in the joint development of a range of mobile phone product line, which would be known as the Garmin-Asus nuvifone series.
The company has entered into a collaboration with DeviceVM, Ltd. to integrate Splashtop's platform into its motherboards, starting with the ASUS P5E3 Deluxe. Splashtop is a new technology developed by DeviceVM that enables users to boot their PCs and access the Internet in seconds.
The company and Giga Byte Technology Co., Ltd. announced that they are in the process of forming a 49:51 joint venture. Gigabyte would transfer the assets and operations of its branded motherboard and graphic card business to the joint venture.
The company and Huan Hsin Holdings, Ltd. Would invest in a joint venture company to manufacture notebook casings in Shanghai, China. The joint venture would be undertaken by Huan Hsin's wholly-owned subsidiary Huan Hsin (BVI), Ltd. and ASUS' unit Casetek Holdings, Ltd. Huan Hsin would have a 51% stake in the venture, which would in turn incorporate a company in Shanghai to set up a plant to manufacture notebook casings.
In November 2007, Asus Technology, Inc. launched its PDA mobile phones in the Indian market. Asus has launched P526 and M530W models of PDA phones in India.
Realtek Semiconductor Corp. is collaborating with ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. on wireless monitors; a new product series designed to set a new paradigm for monitor convenience and ease of use, employing Wireless USB technology from Realtek.
On September 24, 2009, Disney Consumer Products Inc. (DCP) and ASUSTeK Computer Inc. have collaborated to develop the Disney Netbook, a netbook computer for children that's fun, Web-safe and easy to use.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ASUSTEK COMPUTER, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ASUSTEK COMPUTER, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ASUSTEK COMPUTER, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ASUSTEK COMPUTER, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ASUSTEK COMPUTER, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ASUSTEK COMPUTER, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ASUSTEK COMPUTER, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ASUSTEK COMPUTER, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. TAIWAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ASUSTEK COMPUTER, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ASUSTEK COMPUTER, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ASUSTEK COMPUTER, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. Major Shareholders
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. History
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. Offices and Representations
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ASUSTeK Computer, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?