- The report contains detailed information about Arris Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Arris Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Arris Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Arris Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Arris Group Inc. business.
About Arris Group Inc.
ARRIS Group, Inc., a global communications technology company, engages in the development, manufacture, and supply of telephony, data, video, construction, rebuild, and maintenance equipment for the broadband communications industry. In addition, the company supplies infrastructure products used by cable system operators to build-out and maintain hybrid fiber-coaxial (HFC) networks. The company provides its customers with products and services that enable high speed, two-way broadband transmission of video, telephony, and data.
The company operates in three segments: Broadband Communications Systems; Access, Transport and Supplies; and Media and Communications Systems.
BROADBAND COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEMS
The Broadband Communications Systems segment offers VoIP and High Speed Data products, including CMTS Edge Router, 2-Line Residential EMTA, Multi-line EMTA for Residential and Commercial Services, Wireless Gateway EMTA, and High speed data Cable Modems; Video / IP products, including CMTS Edge Router, Universal EdgeQAM, and Whole Home DVR; and Video Processing products, such as Digital Video Encoders and Multiplexers and Transcoders, Transraters, and Statistical Multiplexers.
Voice over IP and Data Products
Headend The heart of a Voice over IP or data headend is a CMTS Edge Router. A CMTS, along with a call agent, a gateway, and provisioning systems, provides the ability to integrate the Public-Switched Telephone Network (PSTN), and high speed data services over a HFC network. The CMTS is also responsible for initializing and monitoring all cable modems and EMTAs connected to the HFC network. The company provides two Cable Edge Router products, the C4CMTS, and the C4cCMTS, used in the cable operators headend that provide VoIP, Video over IP, and high speed data services to residential or business subscribers.
During 2009, the company introduced the C4c, a compact version of the C4 chassis which utilizes the same line cards as the C4 CMTS.
Subscriber Premises Subscriber premises equipment includes DOCSIS certified cable modems for high speed data applications, as well as Euro-DOCSIS certified versions and PacketCable Certified EMTAs for VoIP applications in both DOCSIS and Euro-DOCSIS networks. The companys Touchstone product line provides carrier-grade performance to enable operators to provide data, telephony, and video services on the same network using common equipment.
During 2009, the company introduced the WBM760 DOCSIS Wideband Cable Modem capable of speeds up to 140Mbps and the TM722 DOCSIS Wideband Multimedia Terminal Adapter capable of speeds up to 160Mbps. Both units allow cable operators to compete favorably against telephone company fiber to the home services.
The companys Moxi Whole Home DVR and its companion Moxi-mate are marketed directly to consumers. With the addition of a CableCard provided from the consumers serving MSO, the Moxi provides a digital cable set-top box and video recording experience with extended capability to access video and audio content stored on other devices connected to the home network or available over the Internet. In 2009, the company introduced a three tuner version of the Moxi Whole Home DVR that enables recording and/or watching three live programs simultaneously.
Headend Digital Video streams are bridged on to the HFC network using an edge multiplexer/modulator, such as the D5 Universal Edge QAM. The D5 multiplexes digital video and IP data and modulates the signals for transmission on a cable service providers HFC plant. The D5 Universal Edge QAM is compatible with DOCSIS cable modems, as well as MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 set-top boxes. During 2009 the company introduced the QPM 8DX4 module for the D5.
Headend The company markets a line of MPEG digital video encoders and processors under the Encore, Quartet, HEMi and VIPr brands. Encore is designed to provide MPEG-2 digital video encoding and multiplexing. Quartet is designed to provide good MPEG-2 encoding for regional channel digitization. HEMi provides a means to digitally encode local analog channels, multiplex them into an existing
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ARRIS GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ARRIS GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ARRIS GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ARRIS GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ARRIS GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Arris Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Arris Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Arris Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Arris Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Arris Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ARRIS GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ARRIS GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ARRIS GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ARRIS GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ARRIS GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ARRIS GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Arris Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Arris Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Arris Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Arris Group Inc. History
Arris Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Arris Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Arris Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Arris Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Arris Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Arris Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Arris Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Arris Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Arris Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Arris Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Arris Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Arris Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Arris Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Arris Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?