- The report contains detailed information about Applied DNA Sciences Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Applied DNA Sciences Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Applied DNA Sciences Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Applied DNA Sciences Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Applied DNA Sciences Inc. business.
About Applied DNA Sciences Inc.
Applied DNA Sciences, Inc. provides botanical-DNA based security and authentication solutions that can help protect products, brands, and intellectual property of companies, governments, and consumers from theft, counterfeiting, fraud, and diversion. The company offers its products and services in Europe and the United States.
The company's principal anti-counterfeiting and product authentication solutions, such as SigNature DNA, Cashield, DNANet, and BioMaterial Genotyping, are used in various industries, including cash-in-transit (transport and storage of banknotes), homeland security, textiles and apparel, identity cards and other secure documents, law enforcement, pharmaceuticals, wine, and luxury consumer goods.
The company uses the DNA of plants to manufacture customized and encrypted botanical DNA markers, or SigNature DNA Markers. It has embedded SigNature DNA Markers into a range of its customers products, including various inks, dyes, textile treatments, thermal ribbon, thread, varnishes, and adhesives. These items can then be tested for the presence of SigNature DNA Markers through instant field detection or a forensic level authentication.
The companys SigNature DNA solution provides a means for users to incorporate its SigNature DNA Markers in, and then authenticate and identify, a range of items, such as recovered banknotes, branded textiles and apparel products, pharmaceuticals and cosmetic products, identity cards and other secure documents, digital media, artwork and collectibles, and fine wine. Having the ability to authenticate and identify counterfeit versions of such items enables companies and governments to detect, deter, interdict and prosecute counterfeiting enterprises and individuals.
The company's SigNature DNA Embedment system can be used to embed the SigNature DNA Marker directly onto products or other items or into special inks, threads and other media, which in turn can be incorporated into packaging or products. Its SigNature polymerase chain reaction (PCR) Kits can provide rapid forensic level authentication of specific SigNature DNA Markers.
The companys SigNature solution can be used for various types of identification and official documents, such as passports; lawful permanent resident, or green cards; visas; drivers licenses; social security cards; military identification cards; national transportation cards; security cards for access to sensitive physical locations; and other important identity cards, official documents, and security-related cards.
Cashield is a family of cash degradation inks that permanently stain banknotes stolen from cash-handling or ATM systems. Cashield extends its offering beyond its prior singular product, AzSure, to a family of security inks that include Red, Violet, Green, Teal, Indigo, and the original AzSure Blue.
The company has developed DNANet tactical DNA products for law enforcement, in the form of DNA-marked sprays and liquids. These products, being marketed to global police forces were created to help link criminals to crimes. DNANet is a tactical forensic system providing unique DNA codes for covert operations that require absolute proof of authentication.
The companys BioMaterial GenoTyping solution refers to the development of genetic assays to distinguish between varieties or strains of biomaterials, such as cotton, wool, tobacco, fermented beverages, natural drugs, and foods that contain their own source DNA. The company has developed two proprietary genetic tests (FiberTyping and PimaTyping) to track American Pima cotton from the field to finished garments. These genetic assays provide the textile industry with authentication tools that can be applied throughout the U.S. and worldwide textile industry from cotton growers, mills, wholesalers, distributors, manufacturers and retailers through trade groups and government agencies.
The companys FiberTyping offering enables its customers and potential clients to give assurance to manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, retailers, and end-users that their products are authentic, that they are made from the fibers and textiles as labeled. In a process called Pimatyping, the company is able to differentiate between Pima cotton grown in different regions of the world.
In 2009, the company discontinued its BioActive Ingredients program. It has developed BioActive Ingredients for personal care products, such as skin care products.
The company's competitors that operate in the anti-counterfeiting and fraud prevention markets include American Bank Note Holographics, Inc.; Applied Optical Technologies; Authentix; ChemTAG; Collectors Universe Inc.; Collotype; Data Dot Technology; De La Rue Plc.; Digimarc Corp.; DNA Technologies, Inc.; ID Global; Informium AG; Inksure Technologies; Kodak; L-1 Identity Solutions; Manakoa; Media Sec Technologies; November AG; OpSec Security Group plc.; SmartWater Technology, Inc.; Sun Chemical Corp; Tracetag; Prooftag SAS; and Warnex.
The company was founded in 1983. It was formerly known as Datalink Systems, Inc. and changed its name to Applied DNA Sciences, Inc. in 2002.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. APPLIED DNA SCIENCES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. APPLIED DNA SCIENCES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. APPLIED DNA SCIENCES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. APPLIED DNA SCIENCES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. APPLIED DNA SCIENCES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Applied DNA Sciences Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Applied DNA Sciences Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Applied DNA Sciences Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Applied DNA Sciences Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Applied DNA Sciences Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. APPLIED DNA SCIENCES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. APPLIED DNA SCIENCES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. APPLIED DNA SCIENCES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. APPLIED DNA SCIENCES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. APPLIED DNA SCIENCES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. APPLIED DNA SCIENCES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Applied DNA Sciences Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Applied DNA Sciences Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Applied DNA Sciences Inc. Major Shareholders
Applied DNA Sciences Inc. History
Applied DNA Sciences Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Applied DNA Sciences Inc. Offices and Representations
Applied DNA Sciences Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Applied DNA Sciences Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Applied DNA Sciences Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Applied DNA Sciences Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Applied DNA Sciences Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Applied DNA Sciences Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Applied DNA Sciences Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Applied DNA Sciences Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Applied DNA Sciences Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Applied DNA Sciences Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Applied DNA Sciences Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Applied DNA Sciences Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?