- The report contains detailed information about API Technologies Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for API Technologies Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The API Technologies Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes API Technologies Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of API Technologies Corp. business.
About API Technologies Corp.
API Technologies Corp. engages in the design, development and manufacture of engineered solutions, systems, robotics, secure communications, and electronic components for military and aerospace applications, including mission critical information systems and technologies.
The company provides its solutions to various world governments, as well as military, aerospace and homeland security contractors and equipment manufacturers. It offers engineered custom products designed to meet the operational needs and compliance requirements of customers in its target markets. Its core capabilities span defense and aerospace, systems and engineering (such as missile systems, robotics, and payloads), components and subsystems, emanation security and TEMPEST, secure networking and communications, and electronics manufacturing services.
The companys segments include Engineered Systems and Components; and Secure Communications.
Engineered Systems and Components
The Engineered Systems and Components segment includes the products and services of its operating subsidiaries API Defense Inc., API Defense USA Inc., API Systems Inc., National Hybrid Group, API Electronics, Inc., TM Systems, Keytronics, Inc. and Filtran Limited.
Highly Engineered Defense Solutions: The company provides highly engineered solutions for the defense and aerospace sectors. Its electronic, electromechanical systems and engineered materials are mission-critical, standard equipment on a range of military platforms. Selected offerings include missile systems, targeting systems, electronic warfare systems and control systems. Additionally, the company offers robotic systems and payloads that are used for surveillance, targeting, as well as Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD).
Key Military and Aerospace Communications Technologies: The company provides the aerospace and avionics industries with key military communications and commercial command and control technologies and manufacture test equipment. The companys products are designed into the airborne platforms worldwide, including various types of aircrafts C-17 Globemaster III and C-130J Hercules aircraft, AH-64 Apache helicopter, F-15, F-16, F-18, F-22, and EF2000 fighter aircrafts.
Systems and Subsystems: The companys advanced electronic, electromechanical systems and engineered materials are standard equipment that is used on a range of military platforms. Products and systems include aircraft landing and launching equipment, including Visual Landing Aids (VLA) and the Stabilized Glide Slope Indicator (SGSI) flight control and signaling systems, radar indicators, electronic countermeasures, data communication and test equipment, as well as aircraft ground support equipment.
Custom Hybrids and Multichip Modules: The company focuses on designing and manufacturing microcircuits in its MIL-PRF-38534 certified facility. Its expertise includes analog and digital designs for power, signal processing, and RF applications, as well as application specific integrated circuits and gate-array implementations. The companys products are used by defense contractors, aerospace and electronic OEMs worldwide in missiles, weapons systems, communication equipment, aerospace, shipboard land vehicles and other applications.
The Secure Communications segment includes the products and services of its subsidiaries Cryptek Technologies Inc., Emcon Emanation Control Inc., Secure Systems and Technologies and the Ion Networks division.
The company offers customers various secure network and hardware solutions, including emanation security, tempest and secure network access, ruggedized systems, and secure networking products. Its products are marketed under the Cryptek, ION, Emcon, SST and Netgard brand names. These product offerings are sold to governments and other international organizations that require security in the areas of identity validation, network access management, TEMPEST network intrusion prevention, and secure and encrypted fax, computers, and telephones.
Secure Networking Products: The companys security appliances and software intelligently enable secure information sharing and systems management across organizations and technologies. Service providers, IT and communications equipment manufacturers, enterprises and government agencies rely on the companys secure networking products for secure systems for remote management, database guards for secure information sharing and secure virtual enclaves.
Emanation Security and TEMPEST Products: The companys emanation security products and custom solutions safeguard the most sensitive information assets by shielding IT systems and confidential data from those who may do harm. Its has developed pioneering techniques for protecting electronic devices by limiting the stray signals and electromagnetic waves they produce. Its emanation security products include computing systems, network and communications systems and office systems.
Professional Services: The companys professional services include information assurance and secure networking architecture and design solutions, emanation security testing and engineering and security certification and validation.
In January 2010, the company acquired Kuchera Defense Systems, Inc. (KDS), KII, Inc. (KII) and Kuchera Industries, LLC (KI Industries and collectively with KDS and KII, the KGC Companies), which included defense subcontractors specializing in highly engineered systems and robotics for the defense, aerospace and communication industries.
The companys customers consist mainly of military prime contractors and the contract manufacturers who work for them in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and various other countries.
The companys principal competitors include Microsemi Corporation, Aeroflex Incorporated, and Anaren, Inc.
The company was founded in 1993. It was formerly known as API Nanotronics Corp. and changed its name to API Technologies Corp. in 2009.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. API TECHNOLOGIES CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. API TECHNOLOGIES CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. API TECHNOLOGIES CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. API TECHNOLOGIES CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. API TECHNOLOGIES CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. API Technologies Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of API Technologies Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of API Technologies Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. API Technologies Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. API Technologies Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. API TECHNOLOGIES CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. API TECHNOLOGIES CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. API TECHNOLOGIES CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. API TECHNOLOGIES CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. API TECHNOLOGIES CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. API TECHNOLOGIES CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
API Technologies Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
API Technologies Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
API Technologies Corp. Major Shareholders
API Technologies Corp. History
API Technologies Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
API Technologies Corp. Offices and Representations
API Technologies Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
API Technologies Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
API Technologies Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
API Technologies Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
API Technologies Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
API Technologies Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
API Technologies Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
API Technologies Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
API Technologies Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
API Technologies Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
API Technologies Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
API Technologies Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?