- The report contains detailed information about Anoto Group AB that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Anoto Group AB. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Anoto Group AB financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Anoto Group AB competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Anoto Group AB business.
About Anoto Group AB
Anoto Group AB is a Swedish high-tech company with solutions for transmission of handwritten text from paper to digital media, scanning of printed text and intelligent camera surveillance. All products are based on digital camera technology and image processing in real time. The Anoto Group today has three brand names: Anoto® a comprehensive solution entailing paper, pen and server technologies. These technologies allow the company to connect all types of writing paper with the digital world, C-Pen® a scanning pen that can store, interpret and transfer printed text, and WeSpot a hardware and software platform for intelligent camera surveillance.
At the end of 2002 Anoto Group had offices in Lund (head office), Stockholm, Boston, Tokyo and Hong Kong. Major shareholders are Ericsson, Capital Group and the founder Christer Fåhraeus.
The Anoto Group consists of subsidiaries Anoto AB and C Technologies AB and WeSpot AB (an associated company within Anoto Group). The core competence is advanced image processing in real time. The group has developed advanced algorithms for image processing that recreate images and calculate movement patterns in real time. At present up to 100 images per second can be processed.
The corporation is consistently developing its competence within the integration of electronic hardware and software using digital camera technology, focusing on development of products for computerized image processing.
The subsidiary Anoto combines the intuitive use of pen and paper with the communication possibilities that the digital world offers, having developed a technology and infrastructure that enable transmission and connection between handwritten text and the digital world. Anoto functionality is enabled through a proprietary pattern, a digital pen, advanced image processing and information structure. The pattern, which can be printed on virtually any type of paper, is read by the digital pen, which also registers the pressure of the pen against and movement across the paper. The digital pens advanced image processing and information structure traces the position of the pen on the paper and the service selected by the user. The functionality enables users to digitally store their handwritten notes, send e-mails, fill in forms and place electronic orders directly from the paper.
Anotos operations are organized under two business units: Infrastructure and Services, and Consumer Products.
Infrastructure and Services focuses on customized services and products that address enterprises. Customers comprise operators, system integrators, software development companies, IT consultants and infrastructure companies who in turn provide their customers with customized solutions enabling Anoto functionality.
Consumer Products focuses on developing and selling products that help people improve their productivity and communication on a daily basis. Such products, which are offered through partners, target end users exclusively and comprise digital pens, PC applications and applications for mobile phones. These products and solutions also serve as building stones for services and customized solutions offered by the Companys other business unit.
The various solutions are developed and marketed by partners in collaboration with Anoto. With its Logitech® io Personal Digital Pen, Logitech® provides a PC solution, co-operating with FranklinCovey® that makes a digital paper calendar, 3M, MeadWestvaco and Groupe Hamelin, that supply the market with digital paper products enabling Anoto functionality.
C Technologies is a high-tech company with mobile solutions that connect printed text directly to the digital world. Products from C Technologies enable text and pictures to be read, processed and stored. The companys technology can be used in areas such as mobile telephony, consumer electronics and personal computers industry. There is high interest in C Technologies system circuit Argus, the proprietary ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit).Argus is an energy-efficient, high performance microcontroller and image processor, which can be used in mobile products, for example mobile phones with integrated cameras.
WeSpot is an innovation company whose business concept is to develop and commercialize novel and cost-effective intelligent camera solutions. Most areas covering digital image processing can be developed by use of the WeSpot Smart Camera platform.
Several application areas: The camera platform, WeSpot Smart Camera Platform, is suitable for a multitude of application areas in many markets. Most areas covering digital image processing can be developed by use of the WeSpot Smart Camera Platform. Currently WeSpot Smart Camera has three main uses: Smart Door Opener, Intelligent Intrusion Sensor and NurseSensor. Solutions are marketed primarily to OEM and license customers responsible for marketing and sales to end-users.
The company and Hitachi Maxell, Ltd. announced they would form a joint venture company for the Japanese market and transfer the ownership of Hitachi Maxell's digital pens to Anoto. Anoto takes over full ownership, including production, of the Maxell digital pen. The new joint venture, Anoto-Maxell K.K., would handle sales and distribution of digital pens on the Japanese market and selected markets in Asia. All other markets will be served through the organizations in Lund, Sweden or Boston, U.S.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ANOTO GROUP AB COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ANOTO GROUP AB BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ANOTO GROUP AB SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ANOTO GROUP AB FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ANOTO GROUP AB COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Anoto Group AB Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Anoto Group AB and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Anoto Group AB and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Anoto Group AB Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Anoto Group AB Industry Position Analysis
6. ANOTO GROUP AB NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ANOTO GROUP AB EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ANOTO GROUP AB ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWEDEN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ANOTO GROUP AB IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ANOTO GROUP AB PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ANOTO GROUP AB VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Anoto Group AB Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Anoto Group AB Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Anoto Group AB Major Shareholders
Anoto Group AB History
Anoto Group AB Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Anoto Group AB Offices and Representations
Anoto Group AB SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Anoto Group AB Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Anoto Group AB Capital Market Snapshot
Anoto Group AB Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Anoto Group AB Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Anoto Group AB Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Anoto Group AB Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Anoto Group AB 1-year Stock Charts
Anoto Group AB 5-year Stock Charts
Anoto Group AB vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Anoto Group AB vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Anoto Group AB Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?