- The report contains detailed information about Andrea Electronics Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Andrea Electronics Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Andrea Electronics Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Andrea Electronics Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Andrea Electronics Corp. business.
About Andrea Electronics Corp.
Andrea Electronics Corporation engages in the design, development, and manufacture of microphone technologies and products for enhancing speech-based applications software and communications.
Products and their Markets and Applications
The companys Andrea DSP microphone, audio software products, and Andrea anti noise products have been designed for applications that are controlled by or depend on speech across hardware and software platforms. These products incorporate the companys DSP, NC, ANC, and ANR microphone technologies, and are designed to cancel background noise in a range of noisy environments, such as homes, offices, factories and automobiles. It also manufactures a line of accessories for these products. For the consumer and commercial markets, the company designed its Andrea DSP Microphone and Audio Software Products and Andrea Anti-Noise Products for various applications, including speech recognition for word processing, database, and similar applications; distance learning (education through the use of Internet-based lessons and training information); audio/videoconferencing; Internet telephony and voice chat; cellular and other wireless telecommunications; and telematics, or in-vehicle computing (the use of computer-controlled systems in automobiles and trucks).
Andrea DSP Microphone and Audio Software Products
The company develops its Andrea DSP microphone and audio software products through customer-specific integration efforts, licenses its related algorithms, sells a product incorporating its related algorithms, or both. In addition, it has developed products for specific customers who then sell such products to end users.
Andrea Superbeam Array Microphone: This product enables audio by forming a beam toward the speaker and eliminating background noises that are outside of the beam.
Andrea USB-SA External Digital Sound Card: Andreas PureAudio USB-SA with patented noise reduction technology eliminates noise problems by utilizing digital circuitry and noise reduction algorithm software.
Andrea AudioCommander: Andreas PC audio control panel, AudioCommander, includes a speaker volume adjustment with received PureAudio noise reduction control and a 10-band graphic equalizer with 18 built-in presets to customize sound for the listeners preference. It also includes a microphone volume adjustment with noise reduction, beam forming, and acoustic echo cancellation controls. The software also includes an audio wizard that sets microphone levels to optimize PC audio for speech-enabled applications, including speech recognition, Internet telephony and command, and speech control functions.
Andrea AutoArray Microphone (AutoArray): The AutoArray is a digital, microphone system designed for computing applications in vehicles, such as automobiles and trucks. It is an audio input device designed for in-vehicle computing.
Andrea VoiceCenter (VoiceCenter). The VoiceCenter is a digital voice recorder software application that enables recorded speech files to be applied for productivity, as well as expressing personality. The digital WAV recorded files are labeled and are compressed with WMA for attachment to e-mail, used as voice memos, voice alarms (with a calendar reminder function) and add voice annotation to documents. The VoiceCenter also includes Andrea PureAudio noise reduction/speech enhancement technology for increasing the recording sound quality of any microphone.
Andrea Anti-Noise Products
The companys Andrea Anti-Noise Products include headsets, handsets, and related accessories that incorporate its NC, ANC, and ANR technologies.
NC Products: The companys NC products are sold through its internal contact center, as well as to original equipment manufacturers for incorporation into, or for use with their products.
BlueTooth NC Products: Andrea Electronics offers noise cancellation boom microphone technology on the BT-200 Bluetooth headset.
ANC Products: The companys ANC products are sold through its internal contact center.
Andrea Personal Computer Telephone Interface (PCTI): The PCTI is a desktop device that integrates computer applications controlled by speech and traditional telephony applications by connecting headset users to the telephone, to the computer, or to both simultaneously.
Sales and Marketing
The Andrea DSP microphone and audio software products and Andrea anti-noise products are marketed to computer original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), distributors of personal computers and telecommunications equipment, software publishers, and end-users in business and household environments. These products are sold to end-users through distributors and value-added resellers, software publishers, Internet service providers, and Internet content developers.
Andrea Electronics Corporation was founded in 1934.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ANDREA ELECTRONICS CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ANDREA ELECTRONICS CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ANDREA ELECTRONICS CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ANDREA ELECTRONICS CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ANDREA ELECTRONICS CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Andrea Electronics Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Andrea Electronics Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Andrea Electronics Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Andrea Electronics Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Andrea Electronics Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. ANDREA ELECTRONICS CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ANDREA ELECTRONICS CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ANDREA ELECTRONICS CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ANDREA ELECTRONICS CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ANDREA ELECTRONICS CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ANDREA ELECTRONICS CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Andrea Electronics Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Andrea Electronics Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Andrea Electronics Corp. Major Shareholders
Andrea Electronics Corp. History
Andrea Electronics Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Andrea Electronics Corp. Offices and Representations
Andrea Electronics Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Andrea Electronics Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Andrea Electronics Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Andrea Electronics Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Andrea Electronics Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Andrea Electronics Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Andrea Electronics Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Andrea Electronics Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Andrea Electronics Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Andrea Electronics Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Andrea Electronics Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Andrea Electronics Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?