- The report contains detailed information about ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. business.
About ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc.
ADDvantage Technologies Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, distributes and services a line of electronics and hardware for the cable television (CATV) industry. The products that the company sells and services are used to acquire, distribute, receive and protect the communications signals carried on fiber-optic, coaxial cable and wireless distribution systems.
The companys customers provide an array of communications services including television, high-speed data (internet) and telephony, to single family dwellings, apartments and institutions such as hospitals, prisons, universities, schools, cruise boats and others.
The companys subsidiary network includes Tulsat Corporation (Tulsat), NCS Industries, Inc. (NCS), Tulsat-Atlanta LLC, ADDvantage Technologies Group of Missouri, Inc. (dba ComTech Services), Tulsat-Nebraska, Inc., ADDvantage Technologies Group of Texas, Inc. (dba Tulsat Texas), Jones Broadband International, Inc. (Jones Broadband), and Tulsat-Pennsylvania LLC (dba Broadband Remarketing International).
The companys subsidiaries, through their relationships with the original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and specialty repair facilities, have established themselves as value-added resellers (VARs). Tulsat, located in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, is an exclusive Cisco (formerly Scientific-Atlanta) master stocking distributor for certain and legacy products offered with in their Service Provider Video Technology Group (SPVTG) and distributes most of Ciscos other SPVTG products. Tulsat also has been designated an authorized third party Cisco-SPVTG repair center for select products. NCS, located in Warminster, Pennsylvania, is a distributor of Motorola broadband products. Other subsidiaries distribute Standard, Corning-Gilbert, Blonder-Tongue, RL Drake, Quintech, Videotek and WaveTek products.
In addition to offering a range of new products, the company also purchases and sells surplus and refurbished equipment that becomes available in the market as a result of cable operator system upgrades or overstocks in their warehouses. The company maintains one of the inventories of new and refurbished equipment, which allows the company to deliver products to its customers with in a short period of time.
The companys subsidiaries all operate technical service centers specializing in Motorola, Magnavox, Cisco-SPVTG and test equipment repairs.
Products and Services
The company offers its customers a range of new, surplus new and refurbished products that are used in connection with video, telephone and Internet data signals.
Headend products are used by a system operator for signal acquisition, processing and manipulation for further transmission. Among the products, the company offers in this category are satellite receivers (digital and analog), integrated receiver/decoders, demodulators, modulators, antennas and antenna mounts, amplifiers, equalizers and processors. The headend of a television signal distribution system is the brain of the system; the central location where the multi-channel signal is initially received, converted and allocated to specific channels for distribution. In some cases, where the signal is transmitted in encrypted form or digitized and compressed, the receiver would also be required to decode the signal.
Fiber products are used to transmit the output of cable system headend to multiple locations using fiber-optic cable. In this category, the company offers products, including optical transmitters, fiber-optic cable, receivers, couplers, splitters and compatible accessories. These products convert radio frequencies to light frequencies and launch them on optical fiber. At each receiver site, an optical receiver is used to convert the signals back to RF VHF frequencies for distribution to subscribers.
Distribution products are used to permit signals to travel from the headend to their ultimate destination in a home, apartment, hotel room, office or other terminal location along a distribution network of fiber optic or coaxial cable. Among the products the company offers in this category are transmitters, receivers, line extenders, broadband amplifiers, directional taps and splitters.
Digital converters and modems are boxes placed inside the home that receive, record and transmit video, data and telephony signals. Among the products the company offers in this category are remanufactured Cisco and Motorola digital converter boxes and modems. The company also inventory and sell to its customers other hardware such as test equipment, connector and cable products.
Sales and Marketing
The company markets and sells its products to franchise and private MSOs, telephone companies, system contractors and other resellers. It adds products and services to maintain and expand its customer base in North America, Central and South America, Asia and other international markets.
The company, in 2008, purchased new inventory directly from Cisco and Motorola.
The companys customer base consists of approximately 2,000 active accounts. It sells directly to customers in Philippines, Taiwan, Japan, Brazil, Columbia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, Peru, Mexico and a few other Latin American countries.
ADDvantage Technologies Group, Inc. was founded in 1989.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ADDVANTAGE TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ADDVANTAGE TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ADDVANTAGE TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ADDVANTAGE TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ADDVANTAGE TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ADDVANTAGE TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ADDVANTAGE TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ADDVANTAGE TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ADDVANTAGE TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ADDVANTAGE TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ADDVANTAGE TECHNOLOGIES GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. Major Shareholders
ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. History
ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. Offices and Representations
ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ADDvantage Technologies Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?