- The report contains detailed information about Acme Packet, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Acme Packet, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Acme Packet, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Acme Packet, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Acme Packet, Inc. business.
About Acme Packet, Inc.
Acme Packet, Inc. provides session border controllers that enable service providers, enterprises, government agencies, and contact centers to deliver interactive communications.
The companys Net-Net family of session border controllers, multiservice security gateways and session routing proxies supports multiple applications in service provider, enterprise and contact center networksfrom VoIP trunking to unified communications to hosted enterprise and residential services to fixed-mobile convergence.
The company provides session border controllers, or SBCs, that enable service providers, enterprises and contact centers to deliver secure and interactive communications across defined border points where Internet Protocol networks connect, known as network borders. Its Net-Net products, which consist of hardware and proprietary software, serve as a central element in unifying the separate IP networks.
The companys Net-Net family of products consists of the Net-Net OS software platform, the 2600, 3800, 4250, 4500 and 9200 platforms; 4500 Advanced Telecommunications Computing Architecture blade, or ATCA blade; and Element Management System, or EMS, Session Analysis System, or SAS, and Route Manager Central, or RMC, management applications. The brand name Net-Net reflects the role of these products in interconnecting IP networks for voice, video and multimedia services. Its Net-Net products serve as a central element in unifying the separate IP networks that comprise wireline, wireless and cable networks. The companys products include its hardware platforms and proprietary software.
Acme Packet Net-Net OS
The Acme Packet Net-Net OS is its software platform that supports SBC, MSG, and SRP, configurations. It operates on the Net-Net 2600, 3800, 4250, 4500 and 9200 platforms, and Net-Net 4500 ATCA blade.
Acme Packet Net-Net Platforms
The Acme Packet Net-Net platforms address a range of interactive communications requirements for performance, capacity and bandwidth.
Acme Packet Net-Net 2600 platform delivers an integrated SBC configuration optimized for low capacity enterprise and contact center applications. The 1 rack-unit (RU) form factor Net-Net 2610 and 2RU Net-Net 2620 are Acme Packet supported Intel quad core servers operating Net-Net OS-E in a Linux software environment.
Acme Packet Net-Net 3800 platform is the companys integrated SBC solution for low-capacity deployments in service provider, government defense and security focused agencies, enterprises and contact centers. The 1RU Net-Net 3800 and all higher capacity platforms feature Acme Packets custom hardware design integrated with Net-Net OS to satisfy the most critical infrastructure security requirements.
Acme Packet Net-Net 4250 platform is the major deployed session border controller.
Acme Packet Net-Net 4500 platform delivers unmatched performance and configuration capabilities in a 1RU form factor. It supports all Acme Packet Net-Net SBC, SLB, MSG and SRP configurations, functions and features supported by Acme Packets Net-Net OS.
Acme Packet Net-Net 4500 ATCA blade, consisting of an ATCA front card and rear transition module, is designed to be integrated by wireless and wireline communication systems vendors into their ATCA chassis. The blade also supports all Acme Packet Net-Net SBC, SLB, MSG and SRP configurations, functions and features supported by Acme Packets Net-Net OS.
Acme Packet Net-Net 9200 platform supports high capacity transcoding and transrating for a selection of wireline and wireless codecs.
Acme Packet Net-Net OS-E
Acme Packet OS-E is the companys enterprise SBC software for embedded OEM applications. The target host systems include IP PBXs, unified communications server platforms, small routers, Internet access devices, or IADs, and other equipment deployed in small to medium businesses or large enterprise branch offices. It supports all the SBC protocols, functions and features supported by the Net-Net 2600 platform. Operating in Linux, it is available for server and Virtual Machine (VMware or Xen) environments.
Acme Packet Net-Net EMS
The Acme Packet Net-Net Element Man
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ACME PACKET, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ACME PACKET, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ACME PACKET, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ACME PACKET, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ACME PACKET, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Acme Packet, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Acme Packet, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Acme Packet, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Acme Packet, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Acme Packet, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ACME PACKET, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ACME PACKET, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ACME PACKET, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ACME PACKET, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ACME PACKET, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ACME PACKET, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Acme Packet, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Acme Packet, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Acme Packet, Inc. Major Shareholders
Acme Packet, Inc. History
Acme Packet, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Acme Packet, Inc. Offices and Representations
Acme Packet, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Acme Packet, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Acme Packet, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Acme Packet, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
Acme Packet, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Acme Packet, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Acme Packet, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Acme Packet, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Acme Packet, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Acme Packet, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Acme Packet, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Acme Packet, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?