- The report contains detailed information about ACL Semiconductors Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ACL Semiconductors Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ACL Semiconductors Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ACL Semiconductors Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ACL Semiconductors Inc. business.
About ACL Semiconductors Inc.
ACL Semiconductors Inc. distributes Samsung branded electronic components and other memory chip products in Hong Kong and southern China.
The company distributes dynamic random access memory (DRAM), double data rate ram (DDR), graphic random access memory (graphic RAM), NAND Flash, NOR Flash, and Multi-Chip Packing (MCP).
The company has variable interest in Aristo Technologies Limited (Aristo), which engages in the marketing, sale, and servicing of computer products and accessories, including semiconductors, LCD products, mass storage devices, consumer electronics, computer peripherals and electronic components. In addition to Samsung-branded products, Aristo sells Hynix, Micro, Elpida, Qimonda, Lexar, Dane-Elec, Elixir, SanDisk and Winbond branded products.
Synchronous Dynamic Random Access Memory (SDRAMs), or mobile SDRAM, are used in the semiconductor memory components in computer peripheral (HDD), DSC (digital still camera), modems, ADSL applications, DVD player, STB (set-top box), Digital TV, High Definition TV (HDTV), and PMP (Portable Multimedia Player).
DDRs (DDR1, DDR2, and DDR3) are random access memory components that transfer data on both 0-1 and 1-0 clock transitions, theoretically yielding twice the data transfer rate of normal RAM or SDRAM.
Flash memory is a specialized type of memory component used to store user data and program code. Flash memory is used in mobile phones and PDAs. It is also used in multi-media digital storage applications for products, such as MP3 players, digital still cameras (DSC), digital voice recorders, USB disks, and flash cards.
Graphic RAM is a special purpose DDR (GDDR1, GDDR2, GDDR3, and GDDR4) as graphic products require 3-dimensional calculation performance and large memory size as data storage buffer for DVD and computer game display.
The LCD panel is the major component used in consumer electronics, such as LCD TV, notebook, digital phone frame, portable game console, and mobile phone. Mass storage devices such as micro SD card, SD card, and CF card are used for digital camera, mobile phone, portable game console, and MP3 player.
As of December 31, 2009, the company had approximately 150 active customers in Hong Kong and Southern China, the majority of whom are memory product traders and PC/Servers OEM manufacturers.
The company competes with Hynix, Nanya, PSC, Promos, ISSI, and ESMT.
ACL Semiconductors Inc. was founded in 1991.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ACL SEMICONDUCTORS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ACL SEMICONDUCTORS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ACL SEMICONDUCTORS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ACL SEMICONDUCTORS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ACL SEMICONDUCTORS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ACL Semiconductors Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ACL Semiconductors Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ACL Semiconductors Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ACL Semiconductors Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ACL Semiconductors Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ACL SEMICONDUCTORS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ACL SEMICONDUCTORS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ACL SEMICONDUCTORS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. HONG KONG PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ACL SEMICONDUCTORS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ACL SEMICONDUCTORS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ACL SEMICONDUCTORS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ACL Semiconductors Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ACL Semiconductors Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ACL Semiconductors Inc. Major Shareholders
ACL Semiconductors Inc. History
ACL Semiconductors Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ACL Semiconductors Inc. Offices and Representations
ACL Semiconductors Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ACL Semiconductors Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ACL Semiconductors Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
ACL Semiconductors Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Computers and Electronic Equipment Industry Statistics
ACL Semiconductors Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ACL Semiconductors Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ACL Semiconductors Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ACL Semiconductors Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
ACL Semiconductors Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
ACL Semiconductors Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ACL Semiconductors Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ACL Semiconductors Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?