- The report contains detailed information about United Continental Holdings, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for United Continental Holdings, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The United Continental Holdings, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes United Continental Holdings, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of United Continental Holdings, Inc. business.
About United Continental Holdings, Inc.
United Continental Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the air transportation of persons, property, and mail. As of October 1, 2010, the company operated a total of approximately 5,800 flights a day to 371 airports in the Americas, Europe, and Asia from its hubs in Chicago, Cleveland, Denver, Guam, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Tokyo, and Washington, D.C.
The company's services include United Mainline, including United First, United Business, and Economy Plus, the last providing 3 to 5 inches of extra legroom on all United Mainline and explus United Express flights; a new international premium travel experience featuring 180-degree, lie-flat beds in first and business class; p.s., a premium transcontinental service connecting New York with both Los Angeles and San Francisco; and United Express, with a total fleet of 292 aircraft operated by regional airline partners, including approximately 150 aircraft that offer explus service, Uniteds premium regional service providing both United First and Economy Plus seating.
The company operates its businesses through two segments, Mainline and United Express.
As of December 31, 2009, Mainline domestic operations served approximately 80 destinations primarily throughout the U.S. and Canada and operated hubs at OHare, Denver, LAX, SFO, and Washington Dulles. Mainline international operations serve the Pacific, Atlantic, and Latin America regions. The Pacific region includes non-stop service to Beijing, Hong Kong, Osaka, Seoul, Shanghai, Sydney and Tokyo and direct service to Bangkok, Beijing (seasonal), Seoul, Singapore, and Taipei via Tokyo; direct service to Ho Chi Minh City and Singapore via Hong Kong and to Melbourne via Sydney. The Atlantic region includes non-stop service to Amsterdam, Brussels, Dubai, Frankfurt, Geneva, Kuwait City, London, Moscow, Munich, Paris, Rome, and Zurich and, commencing in April 2010, direct service to Bahrain through Kuwait City. The Latin American region offers non-stop service to Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro (seasonal) and Sao Paulo and direct service to Rio de Janeiro via Sao Paulo. The Latin American region also serves various Mexico destinations including Cancun, Cozumel (seasonal), Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta and San Jose del Cabo; various Caribbean points including Aruba and seasonal service to Montego Bay, Punta Cana, and St. Maarten; and Central America including Liberia, Costa Rica (seasonal). The Mainline segment operated 360 aircraft as of December 31, 2009, and produced 122.7 billion available seat miles (ASMs) and 100.5 billion revenue passenger miles (RPMs) during 2009.
United has contractual relationships with various regional carriers to provide regional jet and turboprop service branded as United Express. United Express is an extension of the United mainline network. United Express sources ground handling support from various third-party providers, as well as by utilizing internal United resources in some cases. The company has limited prorate agreements with Colgan Airlines and SkyWest Airlines. United Express carriers operated 280 aircraft as of December 31, 2008.
United Cargo: United Cargo offers both domestic and international shipping through a variety of services, including United Small Package Delivery, Express, and General cargo services.
United Services: United Services is a global airline support business offering customers comprehensive aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul services, which include engine, line, and global emergency maintenance services.
The company has arrangement with the Star Alliance, a global integrated airline network. As of January 1, 2010, Star Alliance carriers serve approximately 1,100 destinations in 175 countries with over 19,700 daily flights. Star Alliance partners, in addition to United, are Adria Airways, Air Canada, Air China, Air New Zealand, All Nippon Airways, Asiana Airlines, the Austrian Airlines Group, Blue1, bmi, Brussels Airlines, Continental Airlines (Continental), Croatia Airlines, EgyptAir, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, Scandinavian Airlines, Shanghai Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, Spanair, Swiss International Air Lines, TAP Portugal, THAI, Turkish Airlines and U.S. Airways. Aegean Airlines, Air India, and TAM Airlines have been announced as future Star Alliance members.
During 2009, Continental joined United and its 24 other partners in the Star Alliance. The alliance partnership between United and Continental allows the two airlines to link their networks and services worldwide. In addition, pursuant to antitrust immunity approval by the DOT, United, Air Canada, Continental and Lufthansa are implementing a joint venture covering transatlantic routes that will deliver highly competitive flight schedules, fares and service. United also has independent marketing agreements with other air carriers, including Aer Lingus, Great Lakes Aviation, Gulfstream International, Hawaiian, Island Air, Qatar Airways, TACA Group, and TAM Airlines.
Mileage Plus: Mileage Plus builds customer loyalty by offering awards and services to frequent travelers. Mileage Plus members can earn mileage credit for flights on United, United Express, Ted, members of the Star Alliance, and certain other airlines that participate in the program. Miles also can be earned by purchasing the goods and services of its non-airline partners, such as hotels, car rental companies, and credit card issuers.
United Continental Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1934.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNITED CONTINENTAL HOLDINGS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNITED CONTINENTAL HOLDINGS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNITED CONTINENTAL HOLDINGS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNITED CONTINENTAL HOLDINGS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNITED CONTINENTAL HOLDINGS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. United Continental Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of United Continental Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of United Continental Holdings, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. United Continental Holdings, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Airlines Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. United Continental Holdings, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. UNITED CONTINENTAL HOLDINGS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNITED CONTINENTAL HOLDINGS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNITED CONTINENTAL HOLDINGS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNITED CONTINENTAL HOLDINGS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNITED CONTINENTAL HOLDINGS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNITED CONTINENTAL HOLDINGS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
United Continental Holdings, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
United Continental Holdings, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
United Continental Holdings, Inc. Major Shareholders
United Continental Holdings, Inc. History
United Continental Holdings, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
United Continental Holdings, Inc. Offices and Representations
United Continental Holdings, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
United Continental Holdings, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
United Continental Holdings, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
United Continental Holdings, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Airlines Industry Statistics
United Continental Holdings, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
United Continental Holdings, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
United Continental Holdings, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
United Continental Holdings, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
United Continental Holdings, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
United Continental Holdings, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
United Continental Holdings, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
United Continental Holdings, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?