- The report contains detailed information about TAM S.A. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for TAM S.A.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The TAM S.A. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes TAM S.A. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of TAM S.A. business.
About TAM S.A.
TAM S.A., through its subsidiaries, TAM Linhas Aereas S.A. and Transportes Aereos Del Mercosur S.A., provides scheduled air transportation primarily in Brazil, Paraguay, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, and Bolivia.
The company offers flights throughout Brazil. It operates scheduled passenger and cargo air transport routes to 42 cities, and through regional alliances with other airlines, it serves an additional 40 domestic destinations. The company also directly serves 18 international destinations and provides connections to other destinations through commercial agreements with United Airlines, Lufthansa, TAP, LAN, and other airlines.
The company offers frequent and direct flights to and from major domestic airports. In 2009, it transported approximately 25.8 million passengers on domestic flights and approximately 4.6 million passengers on international flights.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated with a fleet of 132 aircraft, consisting primarily of Airbus models A340, A330, A321, A320, and A319, as well as Boeing models B777 and B767. TAM Linhas Aereas consisted of 132 aircraft, including 3 Airbus A320 subleased to TAM Mercosur.
Products and Services
The companys principal product is the scheduled air transportation of passengers. In addition, it also has products targeted specifically towards the development of domestic and international tourism. It also provides cargo transportation operations.
Air Transportation Operations
Scheduled domestic operations: The company operates an average of 709 daily flights to 42 destinations in Brazil. Through its regional alliances with Passaredo Transportes Aereas Ltda (Passaredo), Linhas Aereas S.A. (Total Linhas), Trip Transporte Aereo Regional do Interior Paulista Ltda. (Trip Transporte), and NHT Linhas Aereas Ltda (NHT), the company serves an additional 40 domestic destinations.
Scheduled international operations: The company operates an average of 72 daily international flights to Buenos Aires, Santiago, Asunción, Montevideo, Lima, Ciudad del Este, Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Cochabamba, Caracas, La Paz, Miami, Orlando, New York, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Madrid, and Milan. Its codeshare agreements with LAN Group, Pluna, United Airlines, Air Canada, TAP, Lufthansa Air China, and Swiss International allow its passengers to make connections to destinations in worldwide, in addition to other services, such as simplified check-in, luggage shipping and access to VIP lounges. The company offers the ability to earn and redeem points through the TAM Loyalty Program, the Star Alliance and its partner airlines.
Cargo transportation operations
The company also has cargo transportation operations. TAM Cargo is the companys freight business unit. It sells the empty space available on the belly of passenger aircraft.
Travel and tourism operations
The company also has a travel and tourism operation, Fidelidade Viagens e Turismo Ltda (TAM Viagens), which offers various packages, including air tickets, ground transportation, hotels, tours and various tourism services. It has 72 of its own stores and deals with 5,000 agencies, offering products to approximately 600 tourist destinations.
The company competes with Gol.
On November 12, 2010, TAM S.A. has expanded code share agreement with Lufthansa and began to offer four new destinations in Europe through connections in Frankfurt (Germany), with flights operated by partner airline.
In November 2010, TAM S.A. and US Airways Inc. signed a codeshare agreement. The passengers would have five new options of internal flights in the United States departing from Miami, New York, and Orlando. They have signed a codeshare agreement that increases the options of destinations for the passengers flying from or to South and North America. As of December 1st, the clients will have new options of internal flights in the United States departing from the bases in Miami, New York and Orlando.
TAM S.A. was founded in 1961.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TAM S.A. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TAM S.A. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TAM S.A. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TAM S.A. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TAM S.A. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. TAM S.A. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of TAM S.A. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of TAM S.A. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. TAM S.A. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Airlines Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. TAM S.A. Industry Position Analysis
6. TAM S.A. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TAM S.A. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TAM S.A. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BRAZIL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TAM S.A. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TAM S.A. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TAM S.A. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
TAM S.A. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
TAM S.A. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
TAM S.A. Major Shareholders
TAM S.A. History
TAM S.A. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
TAM S.A. Offices and Representations
TAM S.A. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
TAM S.A. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
TAM S.A. Capital Market Snapshot
TAM S.A. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Airlines Industry Statistics
TAM S.A. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
TAM S.A. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
TAM S.A. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
TAM S.A. 1-year Stock Charts
TAM S.A. 5-year Stock Charts
TAM S.A. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
TAM S.A. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
TAM S.A. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?