- The report contains detailed information about SAS AB that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for SAS AB. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The SAS AB financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes SAS AB competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of SAS AB business.
About SAS AB
SAS AB, together with its subsidiaries, provides air transportation services. It primarily operates passenger flights on Nordic and international route network. The company's three main operational hubs are located in Copenhagen, Stockholm, and Oslo. In addition to passenger flights, the company provides air cargo and other aviation services at selected airports in its route network.
The company conducts its operations through three business segments: SAS Scandinavian Airlines, SAS Individually Branded Airlines, and SAS Aviation Services.
SAS Scandinavian Airlines
SAS Scandinavian Airlines operates a fleet of 181 aircraft and focuses on business and leisure travelers with offerings tailored to the needs of business travelers. SAS Scandinavian Airlines is a founding member of Star Alliance.
Scandinavian Airlines Norge: It operates in domestic routes in Norway and in business destinations in Europe and leisure destinations in Southern Europe.
Scandinavian Airlines Denmark: With 270 daily flights to 54 destinations, Scandinavian Airlines Danmark operates in Denmark.
Scandinavian Airlines Sverige: Scandinavian Airlines Sverige operates SASs air service on the Swedish market with 189 daily flights to 62 destinations.
Scandinavian Airlines International: With 18 daily departures from Copenhagen and Stockholm to nine destinations in Asia, the U.S. and the Middle East, Scandinavian Airlines International operates SAS Groups intercontinental service.
SAS Individually Branded Airlines
SAS Individually Branded Airlines comprise the airlines Widerøe and Blue1 as well as the affiliated company Estonian Air. Widerøe and Blue1 carried 3.7 million passengers to 62 destinations in 2008 with a combined fleet of 43 aircraft.
Widerøe: Widerøe operates as a regional airline in the Nordic countries, with 273 daily flights to 37 domestic and seven international destinations, including summer destinations.
Blue1: A wholly owned Finnish subsidiary in the SAS Group, Blue1 operates around 66 daily flights to 24 destinations. Blue1 operates SAS Groups air service to/from and within Finland and handles sales in the Finnish market for Group airlines.
Spanair and Estonian Air: Spanair operates as an airline company in Spain with 246 daily flights to 32 destinations. Estonian Air serves the Baltic Sea area and flies to 23 destinations in Europe from its Tallinn hub.
SAS Aviation Services
SAS Ground Services, SAS Tech and SAS Cargo make up the SAS Aviation Services business area. The companies offer checkin, boarding, baggage handling and technical maintenance of aircraft services along with freight services for the SAS Group and other airlines. The units are based in Northern Europe and their customers are found in Europe, North America and Asia. SAS Cargos primary customers are mainly large export companies with international activities
SAS Ground Services: SAS Ground Services, SGS, is Scandinavias full-service supplier in the ground handling industry and other airport-related services. SAS Ground Services is represented at 67 airports and in 20 countries. SGS offers ground services for passengers, baggage and aircraft.
SAS Tech: SAS Tech supplies technical aircraft maintenance to the airline industry in the Nordic and Baltic countries. It has production bases in Stockholm, Copenhagen, Oslo, Tallinn, Bergen and Gothenburg. Maintenance operations on a smaller scale are located at other airports in Europe plus one in Seattle in the U.S.
SAS Cargo: SAS Cargos core business is selling air freight through SAS Group airlines. It offers air freight to, from and within Scandinavia; and freight capacity to other destinations, such as Asia along with air cargo-related services.
The company's competitors include Scandinavian Airlines, Finnair, Norwegian, Ryanair, Blue1, Air France, Widerøe, and British Airways
SAS AB was founded in 1946.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SAS AB COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SAS AB BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SAS AB SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SAS AB FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SAS AB COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. SAS AB Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of SAS AB and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of SAS AB and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. SAS AB Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Airlines Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. SAS AB Industry Position Analysis
6. SAS AB NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SAS AB EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SAS AB ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SWEDEN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SAS AB IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SAS AB PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SAS AB VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
SAS AB Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
SAS AB Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
SAS AB Major Shareholders
SAS AB History
SAS AB Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
SAS AB Offices and Representations
SAS AB SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
SAS AB Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
SAS AB Capital Market Snapshot
SAS AB Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Airlines Industry Statistics
SAS AB Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
SAS AB Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
SAS AB Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
SAS AB 1-year Stock Charts
SAS AB 5-year Stock Charts
SAS AB vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
SAS AB vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
SAS AB Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?