- The report contains detailed information about China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. business.
About China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd.
China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited operates as an air carrier in the Peoples Republic of China. The company principally engages in the operation of civil aviation, including the provision of passenger, cargo and mail delivery, and other extended transportation services.
As of December 31, 2009, the company operated a fleet of 257 aircraft, including 231 passenger jets, each with a seating capacity of approximately 100 seats, and 11 jet freighters. The company operates primarily from Shanghais Hongqiao International Airport and Pudong International Airport.
The companys primary focus of its business is the provision of domestic, regional, and international passenger airline services. In 2009, the company operated approximately 6,894 scheduled flights per week (excluding charter flights), serving a route network that covers 146 domestic and foreign cities in 21 countries.
In 2009, the company operated approximately 5,797 domestic flights per week. The companys primarily traveled domestic routes link Shanghai to the commercial and business centers of China, such as Beijing, Guangzhou, and Shenzhen. The company also operated approximately 304 flights per week to and from Hong Kong, originating from Shanghai and 17 other cities in eastern, northern, and western China. In addition, it operated approximately 42 flights per week between mainland China and Taiwan.
In 2009, the company operated approximately 752 international flights per week, serving 49 cities in 20 countries, primarily linking Shanghai to cities in Asian and southeast Asian countries (such as Japan, Korea, India, Singapore, Thailand, and Bangladesh) and certain locations in Europe, the United States, and Australia. The company operates majority of its flights through its three hubs located in eastern, northwestern, and southwestern China, namely Shanghai, Xian, and Kunming.
Cargo and Mail Operations
The companys cargo and mail business utilizes the same route network used by its passenger airline business. It carries cargo and mail on its freight aircraft, as well as in available cargo space on its passenger aircraft. The companys cargo and mail routes are international routes.
The company has six MD-11F freight aircraft under operating leases for cargo and mail operations. It also has three Airbus A300-600R, as well as two Boeing 747-400ER freighters for its cargo operations.
General Aviation Services and Ancillary Activities
In addition to its airline operations, the company also sells tickets on behalf of other airlines. It owns an interest in Shanghai Dong Mei Aviation Travel Corporation Limited, a company that is primarily engaged in the business of selling air tickets, hotel reservation, travel agency and other related services. The company provides airport ground services for airlines operating to or from Hongqiao International Airport and Pudong International Airport, including aircraft cleaning, loading, unloading, storage, and ground transportation of cargo and passenger luggage.
The company has other ancillary activities, including the provision of marketing services under China Eastern Airlines Gifting Co., Ltd., as well as investments in other industrial projects, and provision consulting services under Shanghai Eastern Airlines Investment Co., Ltd. Along with CEA Holding, the company also established China Eastern Real Estate Investment Co., Ltd., which is primarily engaged in the real estate business, including the development and sales of commercial premises and property leasing in Shanghai, China. The companys general aviation services customers include provincial authorities in charge of agriculture, forestry, and geology.
Marketing and Sales
Passenger Operations: The companys direct domestic ticket sales are handled primarily through employees based at its ticket counters located at airports, such as Hongqiao International Airport and Pudong International Airport in Shanghai and in Anhui, Zhejiang, Shandong and Yunnan provinces, as well as at airports in Beijing, Chengdu, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Shenzhen, Xiamen, and Yantai. Direct sales are also prom
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES CORP. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES CORP. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES CORP. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES CORP. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES CORP. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Airlines Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES CORP. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES CORP. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES CORP. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES CORP. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES CORP. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES CORP. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. Major Shareholders
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. History
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. Offices and Representations
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Airlines Industry Statistics
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?