- The report contains detailed information about Alaska Air Group, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Alaska Air Group, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Alaska Air Group, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Alaska Air Group, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Alaska Air Group, Inc. business.
About Alaska Air Group, Inc.In FY 2016 Alaska Air’s revenue increased by 4.28% to USD 5,598.0 million compared to the previous year. Its gross profit also grew from USD 1,772.0 million in 2015 to USD 2,285.0 million in 2016. Alaska Air’s operating income rose by 46.31% to USD 1,330.0 million against FY 2015 as well as net income which rose up to USD 848.0 million.
Alaska Air Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates in the airline transportation industry. The company has two principal subsidiaries: Alaska Airlines, Inc. (Alaska) and Horizon Air Industries, Inc. (Horizon). Through these subsidiaries, the company provides passenger air service to approximately 22 million passengers per year to approximately 90 destinations. The company also provides freight and mail services, primarily to and within the state of Alaska and on the West Coast.
Alaska: Alaska Airlines offers north/south service within the western U.S., Canada and Mexico, and passenger and cargo services to and within the state of Alaska. The company also provides long-haul east/west service to Hawaii and 12 cities in the mid-continental and eastern U.S., primarily from Seattle. In 2009, the company carried 15.6 million revenue passengers in its mainline operations. As of December 31, 2009, Alaskas operating fleet consisted of 115 jet aircraft.
Horizon: Horizon Air Industries is a regional airline in the Pacific Northwest, and serves in five cities in Canada and two cities in Mexico. In 2009, Horizon carried 6.8 million revenue passengers. Horizons main airports are Seattle, Portland, Boise, and Spokane. In 2009, the main nonstop routes are Portland-Seattle, Spokane-Seattle, and Boise-Seattle. As of December 31, 2009, Horizons operating fleet consisted of 18 jets and 40 turboprop aircraft.
The company competes with Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Continental Airlines, American Airlines, US Airways, JetBlue Airways, Virgin America, and Allegiant.
Alaska Air Group, Inc. was founded in 1932.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ALASKA AIR GROUP, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALASKA AIR GROUP, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALASKA AIR GROUP, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALASKA AIR GROUP, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALASKA AIR GROUP, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Alaska Air Group, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Alaska Air Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Alaska Air Group, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Alaska Air Group, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Airlines Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Alaska Air Group, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ALASKA AIR GROUP, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALASKA AIR GROUP, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ALASKA AIR GROUP, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALASKA AIR GROUP, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ALASKA AIR GROUP, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ALASKA AIR GROUP, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Alaska Air Group, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Alaska Air Group, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Alaska Air Group, Inc. Major Shareholders
Alaska Air Group, Inc. History
Alaska Air Group, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Alaska Air Group, Inc. Offices and Representations
Alaska Air Group, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Alaska Air Group, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Alaska Air Group, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Alaska Air Group, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Airlines Industry Statistics
Alaska Air Group, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Alaska Air Group, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Alaska Air Group, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Alaska Air Group, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Alaska Air Group, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Alaska Air Group, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Alaska Air Group, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Alaska Air Group, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?