- The report contains detailed information about Air China Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Air China Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Air China Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Air China Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Air China Ltd. business.
About Air China Ltd.
Air China Limited provides air passenger, air cargo and airline-related services. As of December 31, 2008, through the Star Alliance, the routes network of Air China included 160 countries and regions, as well as 961 destinations.
In addition, Air China also directly or indirectly holds interests in the following airlines: Air Macau Company Limited (51%), Air China Cargo Co., Ltd. (76%), Shandong Airlines Company Limited (22.8%), Shenzhen Airlines Company Limited (25%) and Cathay Pacific Airways Limited (17.5%).
As of December 31, 2008, the company and Air China Cargo operated a fleet of 243 aircraft.
The company conducts its operations through four business segments, including the Airline Operations segment that comprises the provision of air passenger and air cargo services; the Engineering Services segment, which comprises the provision of aircraft engineering services, including aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul services; the Airport Terminal Services segment that comprises the provision of ground services, including check-in service, boarding service, premium class lounge service, ramp service, luggage handling service, loading and unloading services, cabin cleaning and transit services; and the Others segment, which includes the provision of air catering services and other airline-related services.
On May 8, 2009, Air China Ltd. has formed its 100th interline electronic ticketing partnership with Air Berlin plc Some of the airlines with which the China-based carrier has this arrangement are Cathay Pacific Airways, all Star Alliance members and its major interline partners in the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Oceania.
On July 28, 2009, JSC Uralairlines has concluded an interline agreement with Air China Ltd. Under the agreement, passengers of Ural Airlines would be offered connections through Beijing with Australia, Brazil, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, South Korea, Singapore, and Japan.
On September 26, 2009, Air China and ANA will commence a code-sharing agreement on flights operated by both airlines between Beijing Capital International Airport and Tokyo's Haneda Airport.
In November 2009, Air China Ltd. and Continental Airlines, Inc. have launched frequent flyer program co-operation. Under the frequent flyer program co-operation, Air China's PhoenixMiles members will reportedly earn status mileage on all scheduled flights operated by Continental Airlines, and redeem award travel for round trips and award upgrades on all scheduled flights operated and marketed by Continental.
In November 2009, Continental Airlines Inc. has taken Air China Ltd. and Shanghai Airlines Co. Ltd. as its potential partners for establishment of joint ventures aimed at some international airlines.
Air China Limited was founded in 1988.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AIR CHINA LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AIR CHINA LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AIR CHINA LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AIR CHINA LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AIR CHINA LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Air China Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Air China Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Air China Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Air China Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Airlines Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Air China Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. AIR CHINA LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AIR CHINA LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AIR CHINA LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AIR CHINA LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AIR CHINA LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AIR CHINA LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Air China Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Air China Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Air China Ltd. Major Shareholders
Air China Ltd. History
Air China Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Air China Ltd. Offices and Representations
Air China Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Air China Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Air China Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Air China Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Airlines Industry Statistics
Air China Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Air China Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Air China Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Air China Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Air China Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Air China Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Air China Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Air China Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?