- The report contains detailed information about Universal Travel Group that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Universal Travel Group. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Universal Travel Group financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Universal Travel Group competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Universal Travel Group business.
About Universal Travel Group
Universal Travel Group operates in the online travel service industry in the Peoples Republic of China (PRC). The company, through its subsidiary, Shenzhen Yu Zhi Lu Aviation Service Company Limited (YZL), provides domestic and international airline ticketing services and cargo transportation agency services. Additionally, YZL provides hotel reservations, packaged tours, and air delivery services both online and through customer representative offices.
The company's subsidiary, Xi'an Golden Net Travel Serve Service Company Limited (XGN), provides air tickets, train tickets, and other travel-related services, including servicing individuals and groups attending conferences and exhibitions, making travel arrangements for business studies, academic exchanges, travel adventures, cultural education, sports competition, and theatrical performances. XGN also involves in central plains tours of Xi'an.
The company has three lines of business namely air-ticketing (YZL and Chongqing Universal Travel E-Commerce Co., Ltd (CTE)); hotel reservations (Shenzhen Yu Zhi Lu Aviation Service Company Limited and Shanghai Lanbao Travel Service Company Limited (SLB)); and packaged tours (Xi'an Golden Net Travel Serve Service Company Limited (XGN), Foshan Overseas International Travel Service Co., Ltd (FOI), and Shenzhen Universal Travel Agency Co. Ltd (STA)).
The company, through its subsidiary, YZL and CTE, is in the air-ticketing business. YZL has contracted with certain Chinese domestic airlines, such as Air China, China Southern Airlines, and China Eastern Airlines and 34 international airlines such as United Airlines, Cathay Pacific and Virgin Airlines to sell Chinese domestic and international air tickets. YZL holds the First Class Air-Ticketing Agency license from the General Administration of Civil Aviation of China (CAAC).
The company and its agents utilize a centralized air-ticketing booking system called the eTerm system maintained and owned by the PRC government to issue air tickets. The companys customers pay for their tickets online or through its TRIPEASY Travel Service Kiosks (the Kiosks) with credit cards or bank debit cards and are then issued their tickets.
The company, through its subsidiaries, YZL and SLB, is involved in the hotel reservations business. It has contracted with approximately 9,000 hotels and has established a China Booking Association comprising approximately 1,000 travel agencies which share approximately 200,000 hotel resources internationally.
The companys customers are able to inquire via either its centralized Web site (www.cnutg.com) or SLB's Web site (www.cba-hotel.com). Additionally, SLB maintains a 100 square meters call center in Shanghai with 20 seats to handle hotel reservation enquiries. The company acts as agent in its hotel-related transactions.
The companys primary customers in this segment are business and leisure travelers in China who do not travel in groups. These types of travelers, who are referred to in the travel industry as FITs (free individual travelers) and whom the company refers to as independent travelers, form a traditionally under-served yet fast-growing segment of the China travel market.
The company, through its subsidiaries, FOI, XGN, and STA, is in the business of providing domestic and cross border packaged tour travel services. The company contracts with traffic service providers, accommodation providers, and leisure service providers so that it is able to purchase air tickets, train and coach tickets, accommodation and leisure or entertainment packages in bulk and then resell them to its customers with a mark-up.
During 2009, the company exited the air cargo business.
The company's main competitors in China in the online booking industry for air-tickets and hotel reservations include Ctrip.com International, Ltd. and eLong, Inc.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. UNIVERSAL TRAVEL GROUP COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. UNIVERSAL TRAVEL GROUP BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. UNIVERSAL TRAVEL GROUP SWOT ANALYSIS
4. UNIVERSAL TRAVEL GROUP FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. UNIVERSAL TRAVEL GROUP COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Universal Travel Group Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Universal Travel Group and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Universal Travel Group and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Universal Travel Group Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Universal Travel Group Industry Position Analysis
6. UNIVERSAL TRAVEL GROUP NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. UNIVERSAL TRAVEL GROUP EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. UNIVERSAL TRAVEL GROUP ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CHINA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. UNIVERSAL TRAVEL GROUP IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. UNIVERSAL TRAVEL GROUP PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. UNIVERSAL TRAVEL GROUP VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Universal Travel Group Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Universal Travel Group Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Universal Travel Group Major Shareholders
Universal Travel Group History
Universal Travel Group Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Universal Travel Group Offices and Representations
Universal Travel Group SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Universal Travel Group Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Universal Travel Group Capital Market Snapshot
Universal Travel Group Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Universal Travel Group Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Universal Travel Group Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Universal Travel Group Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Universal Travel Group 1-year Stock Charts
Universal Travel Group 5-year Stock Charts
Universal Travel Group vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Universal Travel Group vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Universal Travel Group Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?