- The report contains detailed information about Tim Hortons Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Tim Hortons Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Tim Hortons Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Tim Hortons Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Tim Hortons Inc. business.
About Tim Hortons Inc.
Tim Hortons Inc. operates a quick service restaurant chain in North America. The companys primary business model is to identify restaurant locations, develop suitable sites, and make the new restaurants available to approved franchisees. As of January 3, 2010, franchisees, including operators, operated 99.5% of systemwide restaurants.
The company directly owns and operates (without franchisees) company restaurants in Canada and the U.S. It also has warehouse and distribution operations that supply paper and dry goods to a majority of Canadian restaurants, and supply frozen baked goods and some refrigerated products to most of Ontario restaurants.
In the U.S., the company supplies similar products to system restaurants through third-party distributors. Its operations also include coffee roasting plants in Rochester, New York and Hamilton, Ontario, a joint-venture bakery, and a fondant and fills manufacturing facility.
As of January 3, 2010, the number of Tim Hortons restaurants across Canada, both standard and non-standard locations, which includes self-serve kiosks, totaled 3,015. Also as of January 3, 2010, its franchisees operated all of Canadian restaurants.
In the U.S., the company has a regional presence with 563 restaurants in 12 states, concentrated in the northeast in New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Maine, and in the midwest in Michigan and Ohio. As of January 3, 2010, franchisees, including operators, operated 558, of the restaurants in the U.S.
Distribution: The company is a distributor to Tim Hortons restaurants. The company has five distribution centres located in Langley, British Columbia; Calgary, Alberta; Kingston, Ontario; Guelph, Ontario; and Debert, Nova Scotia. It also offers home-brew coffee through various lines of distribution in Canada and the U.S., including certain grocery stores. Home-brew coffee, other hot beverages and various accessories are also offered and distributed through TimShop.
Combination restaurants: TIMWEN Partnership (TIMWEN Partnership) owns on a 50/50 basis by the company and Wendys, jointly developed the real estate underlying combination restaurants in Canada that offer Tim Hortons and Wendys products at one location, typically with separate franchisees operating the Tim Hortons and the Wendys restaurants. As of January 3, 2010, there were 102 combination restaurants in the TIMWEN Partnership, all of which were in Canada, and 98 of which were franchised. As of January 3, 2010, there were 21 such restaurants in Canada, all of which were franchised, and 30 combination restaurants in the U.S., 29 of which were franchised.
The company has self-serve kiosks in the Republic of Ireland through offerings at gas and other convenience locations, primarily under the Tim Hortons brand but also under other brands owned by Tim Hortons. These kiosks offer coffee, tea, specialty hot beverages and a selection of donuts and muffins. As of January 3, 2010, there were a total of 206 units in the Republic of Ireland, 203 of which were self-serve, and 3 of which were full-serve, licensed as Tim Hortons restaurants.
The companys food products are sourced from a combination of third-party suppliers and its own manufacturing facilities, such as the Maidstone Bakeries joint venture and Maidstone Coffee. The Maidstone Bakeries facility, which is owned and operated by a 50/50 joint venture between one of the companys subsidiaries and Arytza, supplies all of the par-baked donuts and Timbits, and a significant portion of other bread products, to system restaurants. The Maidstone Bakeries facility supplies the companys restaurants with European pastries, including Danishes, croissants, and puff pastry.
The company competes with specialty coffee retailers, baked goods retailers, sandwich shops, and gas and other convenience locations, ranging from small local independent operators to national and regional chains, such as McDonalds, Wendys, Starbucks, Subway, and Dunkin Donuts.
Tim Hortons Inc. was founded in 1964.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. TIM HORTONS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. TIM HORTONS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. TIM HORTONS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. TIM HORTONS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. TIM HORTONS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Tim Hortons Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Tim Hortons Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Tim Hortons Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Tim Hortons Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Tim Hortons Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. TIM HORTONS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. TIM HORTONS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. TIM HORTONS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. TIM HORTONS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. TIM HORTONS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. TIM HORTONS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Tim Hortons Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Tim Hortons Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Tim Hortons Inc. Major Shareholders
Tim Hortons Inc. History
Tim Hortons Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Tim Hortons Inc. Offices and Representations
Tim Hortons Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Tim Hortons Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Tim Hortons Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Tim Hortons Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Tim Hortons Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Tim Hortons Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Tim Hortons Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Tim Hortons Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Tim Hortons Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Tim Hortons Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Tim Hortons Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Tim Hortons Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?