- The report contains detailed information about Sports Club Co. Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sports Club Co. Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sports Club Co. Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sports Club Co. Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sports Club Co. Inc. business.
About Sports Club Co. Inc.
The Sports Club Company, Inc. engages in the ownership and operation of sports and fitness Clubs (Clubs), primarily under The Sports Club/LA name in the United States.
The Sports Club/LA sites are developed as urban country clubs offering various services including various fitness and recreation options, diverse facilities and other amenities. The Sports Club/LA is marketed to affluent, health conscious individuals who desire a premier Club.
The Company operates four sports and fitness Clubs: The Sports Club/LA - Los Angeles, The Sports Club/LA - Beverly Hills, The Sports Club/LA - Orange County, and The Sports Club/LA - New York at Rockefeller Center. The Company's Clubs include spas, restaurants, fitness centers, swimming pools and basketball courts.
The Company also offers ancillary services and products including private training, food and beverage and spa services.
The Sports Club/LA
The Sports Club/LA ranges in size from 40,000 to 140,000 square feet and typically offers includes: equipped gyms with fitness equipment, including weight training, cardio- vascular equipment, flexibility centers and functional performance areas; basketball, volleyball, racquetball, squash, tennis and paddle tennis courts; group exercise studios featuring classes throughout the day and evening, seven days a week, including aerobics, yoga, dance, muscle conditioning, boxing, martial arts, bootcamps, pilates and bodymind; group cycling studios; boxing studios; swimming pools, sundecks, golf practice nets and running tracks; destination city spa offering massage, facials and body treatments; men's and women's locker rooms featuring wood lockers; steam rooms, saunas and Jacuzzis; restaurants, sports bars, private dining/conference rooms and media centers; valet parking, pro shops, hair salons and childcare services; sports medicine and physical therapy facilities; personal trainers to develop and supervise members' exercise routines; registered dietitians for nutritional consultations; FitLab assessment centers; interactive children's classes, as well as supervised age-specific junior recreation rooms and junior programs such as gymnastics, martial arts and dance; instruction in racquet sports, golf, swimming, boxing and martial arts; full-time activities directors responsible for social and media events for members, including organizing trips, lectures and charity events; sports instructors who present sports tournaments, leagues and classes; and wellness protocols such as exercise regimens designed for specific groups of members.
The Company targets members from the medical referral market through its SportsMed subsidiary by offering specific rehabilitation and exercise protocols to complement other forms of physical therapy recommended by a physician or medical group. The Company also offers a next-step program for SportsMed patients who complete their physical therapy programs and are looking for an option to complete their rehabilitation by becoming members of The Sports Club/LA.
In January 2006, the company completed the sale of 5 of its 9 sports and fitness Clubs.
In March 2007, the company announced that it has signed an agreement with Harvest Partners to develop The Sports Club/LA as part of the new Park Lane development in Dallas, Texas. The Sports Club/LA-Dallas would cover approximately 80,000 square feet and would feature approximately 30 different fitness and recreational options under one roof, including a 15,000 square foot weight training gym, four group exercise studios, a 150 piece cardiovascular center with each piece featuring a personal TV, a flexibility balance center, a Pilates studio, a REV group cycling studio and an extensive Yoga/BodyMind program. The Sports Club/LA-Dallas would also feature an ultra luxurious destination cityspa offering a menu of traditional and cutting edge spa services, a sidewalk café and gourmet dining with an outdoor dining patio as well as private executive locker rooms.
As of December 31, 2005, the company markets its products principally to customers in Southern California, New York City, Washington D.C., Boston and San Francisco.
The Company's subsidiary, The SportsMed Company, Inc. (SportsMed), operates physical therapy facilities within The Sports Club/LA in Los Angeles and Orange County.
The Company competes with recreational facilities established by governments and businesses, the YMCA and YWCA, country clubs and weight-reducing salons.
The Sports Club Company, Inc. was co-founded by D. Michael Talla in 1977.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SPORTS CLUB CO. INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SPORTS CLUB CO. INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SPORTS CLUB CO. INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SPORTS CLUB CO. INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SPORTS CLUB CO. INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sports Club Co. Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sports Club Co. Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sports Club Co. Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sports Club Co. Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sports Club Co. Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. SPORTS CLUB CO. INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SPORTS CLUB CO. INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SPORTS CLUB CO. INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SPORTS CLUB CO. INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SPORTS CLUB CO. INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SPORTS CLUB CO. INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sports Club Co. Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sports Club Co. Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sports Club Co. Inc. Major Shareholders
Sports Club Co. Inc. History
Sports Club Co. Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sports Club Co. Inc. Offices and Representations
Sports Club Co. Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sports Club Co. Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sports Club Co. Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Sports Club Co. Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Sports Club Co. Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sports Club Co. Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sports Club Co. Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sports Club Co. Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Sports Club Co. Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Sports Club Co. Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sports Club Co. Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sports Club Co. Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?