- The report contains detailed information about Sol Melia SA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Sol Melia SA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Sol Melia SA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Sol Melia SA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Sol Melia SA business.
About Sol Melia SA
Sol Melia, S.A. engages in the management and operation of owned or rented hotels under management or franchise agreements, as well as in time-share operations in Spain, Latin America and the Caribbean. The company provides approximately 328 hotels in 27 countries under its Melia Hotels, TRYP Hotels, Sol Hotels and Paradisus Resorts brands.
The Company's activities also consist in the promotion of any type of business related to the tourist and hotel trade or related to leisure, recreation or amusement as well as in the participation in the creation, development and operation of new businesses, establishments or entities within the tourism and hotel trade and in any leisure, recreation or amusement activity. The Company's activities are carried out in Germany, Argentina, Belgium, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Egypt, Spain, the United States, France, Indonesia, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Portugal, Puerto Rico, United Kingdom, Dominican Republic, Switzerland, Tunisia, Uruguay, Venezuela and Vietnam.
The company operates a differentiated hotel portfolio, both with regard to the locations of its hotels and their category and type (city and resort). The company caters for the needs of a range of different types of travelers through its 5 hotel brands: Melia, Tryp, Sol, Paradisus and Hard Rock.
Melia Hotels offers personalized and friendly service and locations in major cities and resort destinations. They offer a range of services and provide varied cuisine and congress, convention and incentive facilities.
In 2005 the Company also began to develop a new leisure concept named the Gabi Club, which offers a chill-out setting with Balinese beds, vanguard design and music lounge. Gabi Clubs have already opened at the Melia Caribe Tropical and Melia Gorriones. Facilities are complemented by a restaurant offering the most modern dishes in a stunning setting.
The Melia Puerto Vallarta has added theme areas to its childrens facilities: Bamm Bamm Club; Cool Club; Baby Rock; Rockaflash; and Fun Park, joining the Melia Cozumel and Melia Caribe Tropical which both added Flintstones Land facilities in 2004. In 2005 a new Flintstones Land activities and adventure pack has been developed for the three hotels, making The Flintstones Land another attractive attribute of Melia all-inclusive resorts.
Melia El Mouradi Gammarth (Gammarth-Tunisia)
The Melia El Mouradi Gammarth is located in the Tunisian city of Gammarth with direct access to the beach and only 10 kilometres from Tunis airport. The hotel provides 508 rooms with magnificent views over the beach, swimming pool or gardens, as well as a buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner, an a la carte restaurant with terrace service, a pizzeria, a wet bar in the pool, and a range of additional services.
Melia Villa Gadea (Alicante, Spain)
The Melia Villa Gadea is located in a privileged spot overlooking the Mediterranean Sea over the picturesque fishing village of Altea. Its architecture, inspired by the design of the traditional whitewashed houses in the region, perfectly combines modernity with tradition to provide guests with a most comfortable hotel experience as well as marvellous gardens, several restaurants and Thalasso-Spa, and the charm, peacefulness and tranquillity so typical of Altea.
Melia Ria (Aveiro, Portugal)
The new Melia Ria Hotel is located in a residential development in the heart of Aveiro (Portugal), with views of the lake formed by the Ria de Aveiro. Located alongside the Culture and Congress Centre and the train station, a short distance from the historic city centre and 7 km from the beaches, the hotel provides 128 double rooms with premium television services and high speed Internet access.
Melia Alto Aragon (Formigal-Spain)
In December 2005 Sol Melia opened the Melia Alto Aragón, a new hotel in the ski resort of the same name in Huesca in the Spanish region of Aragon. The hotel provides 135 rooms, the a la carte and buffet restaurant Lanuza, cafeteria, and Izas bar. The Melia Alto Aragon also provides a covered car park for 90 vehicles and open-air ca
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SOL MELIA SA COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SOL MELIA SA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SOL MELIA SA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SOL MELIA SA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SOL MELIA SA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Sol Melia SA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Sol Melia SA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Sol Melia SA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Sol Melia SA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Sol Melia SA Industry Position Analysis
6. SOL MELIA SA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SOL MELIA SA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SOL MELIA SA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. SPAIN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SOL MELIA SA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SOL MELIA SA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SOL MELIA SA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Sol Melia SA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Sol Melia SA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Sol Melia SA Major Shareholders
Sol Melia SA History
Sol Melia SA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Sol Melia SA Offices and Representations
Sol Melia SA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Sol Melia SA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Sol Melia SA Capital Market Snapshot
Sol Melia SA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Sol Melia SA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Sol Melia SA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Sol Melia SA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Sol Melia SA 1-year Stock Charts
Sol Melia SA 5-year Stock Charts
Sol Melia SA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Sol Melia SA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Sol Melia SA Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?