- The report contains detailed information about Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation business.
About Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation provides products and services for safety, security, protection, and sport. The company manufactures an array of pistols, revolvers, tactical rifles, hunting rifles, black powder firearms, handcuffs, and firearm-related products and accessories for sale to various customers, including gun enthusiasts, collectors, hunters, sportsmen, competitive shooters, individuals desiring home and personal protection, law enforcement and security agencies and officers, and military agencies in the United States and worldwide. The company is also a turnkey provider of perimeter security solutions.
FIREARM PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
During the period ended April 30, 2010, the company introduced 19 new revolver models, 5 new pistol models, and 1 new Walther pistol model. It also offers black powder firearms, interchangeable firearm systems, and bolt-action rifles.
Pistols: The company manufactures 61 different models of pistols. A pistol is a handgun in which the ammunition chamber is an integral part of the barrel and which is fed ammunition from a magazine contained in the grip. The M&P Series of pistols is made with a polymer frame, a rigid stainless steel chassis, and a through-hardened black melonite stainless steel barrel and slide for durability. It has introduced the BODYGUARD 380 pistol, a self-defense pistol chambered in .380 Auto. The BODYGUARD 380 features an integrated laser sighting system, which is operated by right-and left-handed shooters, a slim-line ergonomic grip, and a double-action fire control system that allows for rapid second-strike capability.
The companys Sigma Series of pistols consists of double-action pistols constructed with a polymer frame and a through-hardened stainless steel slide and barrel. The Sigma Series have been purchased by the U.S. Army Security Assistance Command for use by the Afghanistan National Police and Border Patrol. It also offers Smith & Wesson pistol.
The company is the U.S. importer and distributor of Walther firearms and holds the production rights for the popular Walther PPK and PPK/S pistols in the United States. It imports Walther firearms from Germany and distributes them in the United States through a strategic alliance with Carl Walther GmbH.
Revolvers: The company manufactures 86 different models of revolvers. A revolver is a handgun with a cylinder that holds the ammunition in a series of rotating chambers that are successively aligned with the barrel of the firearm during each firing cycle. It markets a range of sizes from small-frame, concealed-carry revolvers used primarily for personal protection to large-frame revolvers used primarily for long-range hunting applications. The company introduced the Model 500, a .500 caliber S&W magnum revolver. It also introduced Model 460 XVR (X-treme Velocity Revolver).
The company has introduced the BODYGUARD 38, a small-frame, engineered, self-defense revolver chambered in a .38 S&W Special +P with a built-in laser sighting system. Its small-frame revolvers have been carried by law enforcement personnel and personal defense-minded citizens. The companys revolvers are available in various models and calibers, with applications in various professional and personal markets.
Tactical Rifles: The companys M&P15 Series of tactical rifles are designed to satisfy the functionality and reliability needs of global military, law enforcement, and security personnel. These rifles are sold to consumers through its sporting good distributors, retailers, and dealers. It has introduced the M&P15-22, a .22 caliber version of its M&P15, which is designed for sport shooting. It has also introduced the M&P4, an automatic version of its tactical rifle for the use of military and law enforcement agencies worldwide.
Hunting Firearms: The company manufactures four models of bolt-action rifles. Bolt-action rifles are rifles in which the opening and closing of the breach is controlled manually by a bolt. The companys ICON bolt-action, center-fire rifle is a premium hunting rifle designed to be a breed of bolt-action rifle. It offers T/C Venture bolt-action rifle. It also introduc
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. SMITH & WESSON HOLDING CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. SMITH & WESSON HOLDING CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. SMITH & WESSON HOLDING CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. SMITH & WESSON HOLDING CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. SMITH & WESSON HOLDING CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. SMITH & WESSON HOLDING CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. SMITH & WESSON HOLDING CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. SMITH & WESSON HOLDING CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. SMITH & WESSON HOLDING CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. SMITH & WESSON HOLDING CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. SMITH & WESSON HOLDING CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation Major Shareholders
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation History
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation Offices and Representations
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?