- The report contains detailed information about Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. business.
About Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. operates in cruise vacation industry in North America and internationally. As of December 31, 2009, the company operated 38 ships in the cruise vacation industry with approximately 84,050 berths. The company owns five cruise brands, Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Pullmantur, Azamara Club Cruises, and CDF Croisières de France. In addition, the company has a 50% investment in a joint venture with TUI AG, which operates the brand TUI Cruises. The company's ships operate on a selection of worldwide itineraries that call on approximately 400 destinations.
The companys cruise brands primarily serve the contemporary, premium and up-market segments of the cruise vacation industry, which also includes the budget and luxury segments. The companys ships operate on a selection of worldwide itineraries that call on approximately 425 destinations. The company's sales offices are located in the United Kingdom, Germany, Norway, Italy, Spain, Singapore, China, Brazil, and Australia.
Royal Caribbean International
Royal Caribbean International is positioned at the upper end of the contemporary segment of the cruise vacation industry. The contemporary segment is served by cruises that are generally seven nights or shorter and feature a casual ambiance. The premium segment is served by cruises that are generally seven to 14 nights and appeal to the more experienced guest who is usually more affluent. Royal Caribbean International operates 21 ships with approximately 56,600 berths, offering cruise itineraries that range from two to 18 nights. Royal Caribbean International offers various itineraries to destinations worldwide, including Alaska, Asia, Australia, Bermuda, Canada, the Caribbean, Europe, Hawaii, Latin America, the Middle East, the Panama Canal, and New Zealand.
Royal Caribbean International offers onboard services, amenities and activities. It has introduced many product innovations, such as ice skating rinks, rock climbing walls, surf simulators, bungee jumping trampolines, an interactive waterpark called the H2O Zone, Royal Promenades which are boulevards with shopping, dining and entertainment venues, ice skating rinks, bungee jumping trampolines, and rock climbing walls. It also introduced onboard the Oasis-class ships the new neighborhood concept which consists of seven distinct themed areas, including Central Park, a park open to the sky and Boardwalk, an outdoor family-friendly area featuring a handcrafted carousel and an amphitheater at sea known as AquaTheater. Additionally, Royal Caribbean International offers various shore excursions at each port of call.
Celebrity Cruises primarily serves the premium segment of the cruise vacation industry. Celebrity Cruises operates nine ships with approximately 17,650 berths, offering various cruise itineraries that range from two to 16 nights.
Pullmantur serves the contemporary segment of the Spanish and Latin American cruise markets. Pullmantur operates five ships with approximately 7,650 berths, offering various seven-night cruise itineraries. In addition, Pullmantur has tour operations, and owns a 49% interest in a small air business that operates three Boeing 747 aircrafts in support of its cruise and tour operations.
Pullmantur offers a range of cruise itineraries to the Caribbean, the Mediterranean, Brazil and the Baltic. Pullmantur offers various onboard activities and services to guests, including exercise facilities, swimming pools, beauty salons, gaming facilities, shopping, and dining and entertainment venues. Pullmanturs tour operations sell land-based travel packages to Spanish guests, including hotels and flights primarily to Caribbean resorts, and sell land-based tour packages to Europe aimed at Latin American guests.
Azamara Club Cruises
Azamara Club Cruises is designed to serve the up-market segment of the North American, the U.K., and German markets, which incorporates elements of the premium and luxury segments. Azamara Club Cruises operates two ships with a total of approximately 1,400 berths, offering various cruise itineraries that range from seven to 16 nights. Azamara Club Cruises sails in Asia, Western & Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Panama Canal and the less-traveled islands of the Caribbean. Azamara Club Cruises offers various onboard services, amenities and activities, including gaming facilities, fine dining, and interactive entertainment venues.
CDF Croisières de France
CDF Croisières de France is designed to serve the contemporary segment of the French cruise market. CDF Croisières de France operates one ship, Bleu de France, with a total of approximately 750 berths offering various four to ten night cruise itineraries. CDF Croisières de France offers seasonal itineraries to the Mediterranean and the Caribbean. CDF Croisières de France offers various onboard services, amenities, and activities, including entertainment venues, exercise and spa facilities, fine dining, and gaming facilities.
In 2008, the company formed joint venture with TUI AG, a European tourism and shipping company which owns 51% of TUI Travel. The joint venture operates TUI Cruises, designed to serve the contemporary and premium segments of the German cruise market by offering a custom-tailored product for German guests. Celebrity Galaxy, a 1,850-berth ship, previously part of Celebrity Cruises, was sold to TUI Cruises to serve as its first ship and has been sailing under the name Mein Schiff since May 2009.
The company offers to handle travel aspects related to guest reservations and transportation, including arranging guest pre- and post-hotel stay arrangements and air transportation. It offers guests the ability to check-in online in order to alleviate boarding time during embarkation. The company's air/sea program offers guests the choice of standard air or custom air programs. The company's custom air program enables guests to customize their flight arrangements, including selection of airline, specific flights and class of service.
Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. was founded in 1968.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISES LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Major Shareholders
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. History
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Offices and Representations
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?