- The report contains detailed information about Prime Restaurants Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Prime Restaurants Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Prime Restaurants Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Prime Restaurants Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Prime Restaurants Inc. business.
About Prime Restaurants Inc.
Prime Restaurants Royalty Income Fund operates as a limited purpose, open-ended trust. Through its subsidiary PRC Trademarks, Inc., the fund receives royalties of 3.25% of the gross revenue from pooled restaurants under the terms of a 99 year license agreement with Prime Restaurants of Canada, Inc. (PRC).
The fund, through its subsidiary PRC Trademarks Inc. (TradeMarkCo), owns the Prime Marks, which identify a diversified portfolio of casual dining restaurants and premium pubs including: East Side Marios, Caseys Bar & Grill, a Belgian-style brasserie operating under the trade-mark Esplanade Bier Markt, and a family of authentic Irish pubs operating under the trade-marks Fionn MacCools Irish Pub, DArcy McGees Irish Pub, Paddy Flahertys, Tir nan Og and Slàinte, as well as RDs BBQ and Blues, and Pat and Marios.
Prime Restaurants of Canada Inc. (PRC or the Company) operates and franchises one of Canadas leading chains of casual dining restaurants and premium pubs. Of its 138 restaurants in Ontario, Quebec, Alberta and the Atlantic provinces, 130 contribute royalties based on top-line revenue to the Prime Restaurants Royalty Income Fund, through TradeMarkCo, as of January 1, 2003. PRC has a diversified portfolio of concepts that include: East Side Marios and Caseys Bar & Grill, as well as Prime Pubs, a family of authentic Irish pubs operating under the trade-marks Fionn MacCools Irish Pub, DArcy McGees Irish Pub, Paddy Flahertys, Tir nan Og, and Slàinte, and a Belgian-style brasserie operating under the trade-mark Esplanade Bier Markt. PRCs portfolio also includes other restaurant concepts that operate under the trade-marks RDs BBQ and Blues, and Pat and Marios. This diversified portfolio of restaurant brands appeals to different market niches and different price ranges within the casual dining segment.
East Side Marios
East Side Marios is PRCs largest and most recognizable restaurant concept, offering quality food at affordable prices in a unique and fun atmosphere. East Side Marios restaurants are positioned to appeal to adults wanting to enjoy good food in an exuberant atmosphere with their family or friends, and to be the affordable American Italian Eatery where eating and celebrating meet. East Side Marios restaurants were inspired by the bustling energy of Manhattans Lower East Side, otherwise known as Little Italy. At the end of fiscal year 2003, East Side Marios had 88 locations across Canada. Of the 88 locations, nine are located in Alberta, 61 in Ontario, 12 in Quebec and six in the Atlantic Provinces.
Caseys Bar & Grill
Caseys restaurants offer fresh, high quality, grilled food served in casual, comfortable and relaxed surroundings. The variety and selection available on the Caseys menu attracts casual diners as well as bar guests. The adult neighbourhood focus of Caseys restaurants draws patrons to the bar to meet with friends, or to enjoy watching a sporting event. There are 34 Caseys restaurants, of which 29 are in Ontario and five are in Quebec.
Prime Pubs - Irish Pubs
The Prime Pubs division includes a family of authentic premium Irish pubs that operate under the trade-marks Fionn MacCools Irish Pub, Darcy McGees Irish Pub, Paddy Flahertys, Tir nan Og and Slàinte. The authentic Irish premium pub experience is positioned to appeal to adults between 25 and 50 years of age with above average disposable incomes, who want to enjoy an authentic Irish pub experience that is more rewarding and enriching than the typical North American pub. Prime Irish Pubs operated in 11 locations in Ontario and Alberta.
Prime Pubs -Esplanade Bier Markt
In addition to its family of authentic Irish pubs, Prime Pubs division of PRC also includes a refined Belgian-style brasserie, Esplanade Bier Markt, located in Toronto. This concept is positioned to attract the young urban professional with discerning taste, above-average disposable income, and a desire for the ultimate beer and food experience. With over 100 brands of beer from more than 24 countries, Esplanade Bier Markt is nirvana for beer lovers.
Other PRC Concepts
PRC also operates Pat and Marios, and RDs BBQ and Blues. There are currently two Pat and Marios locations one each in Toronto and Sudbury, Ontario. Pat and Marios restaurants offer Italian style cuisine with a Mediterranean flare in a lively and upbeat atmosphere. RDs BBQ and Blues is located in the heart of Torontos Entertainment District and offers an up-scale casual ambiance in a mixture of dark woods, stained glass fixtures and deep leather booths along with a mahogany-finished bar area. The menu offers ribs, chicken and other meats prepared in the long, slow cooking process of American Southern style barbeque.
Prime Restaurants Royalty Income Fund was founded in 2002.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PRIME RESTAURANTS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PRIME RESTAURANTS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PRIME RESTAURANTS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PRIME RESTAURANTS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PRIME RESTAURANTS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Prime Restaurants Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Prime Restaurants Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Prime Restaurants Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Prime Restaurants Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Prime Restaurants Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PRIME RESTAURANTS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PRIME RESTAURANTS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PRIME RESTAURANTS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PRIME RESTAURANTS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PRIME RESTAURANTS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PRIME RESTAURANTS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Prime Restaurants Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Prime Restaurants Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Prime Restaurants Inc. Major Shareholders
Prime Restaurants Inc. History
Prime Restaurants Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Prime Restaurants Inc. Offices and Representations
Prime Restaurants Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Prime Restaurants Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Prime Restaurants Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Prime Restaurants Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Prime Restaurants Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Prime Restaurants Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Prime Restaurants Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Prime Restaurants Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Prime Restaurants Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Prime Restaurants Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Prime Restaurants Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Prime Restaurants Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?