- The report contains detailed information about Penn National Gaming Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Penn National Gaming Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Penn National Gaming Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Penn National Gaming Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Penn National Gaming Inc. business.
About Penn National Gaming Inc.
Penn National Gaming, Inc. owns and operates gaming and pari-mutuel properties. The company owns or manages 19 facilities in 15 jurisdictions, including Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ontario.
Charles Town Entertainment Complex: The Charles Town Entertainment Complex has 184,348 square feet of gaming space, with 5,032 gaming machines, and a 153-room hotel. The complex also features live thoroughbred racing at a refurbished, 3/4-mile all-weather, lighted thoroughbred racetrack with a 3,000-seat grandstand, parking for 6,048 vehicles and simulcast wagering and dining.
Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg
The Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg is located on the Ohio River in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, approximately 15 miles west of Cincinnati, its principal target market. In June 2009, the company opened a new casino riverboat at Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg, replacing the vessel at Argosy Casino Lawrenceburg. The new Hollywood-themed casino riverboat has 150,000 square feet of gaming space on two levels, 3,225 slot machines, 88 live table games, 41 poker tables, a restaurant and 4 bars. Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg also includes a 295-room hotel.
Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course: Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course is located in Grantville, Pennsylvania, which is 15 miles northeast of Harrisburg. The Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course is a 365,000 square foot facility, operating with 2,366 slot machines. The facility also includes a food court, entertainment bar and lounge, trackside dining room, a sports bar, a buffet and steakhouse, a retail store, as well as a simulcast facility and viewing area for live racing. The facility has ample parking, including a five-story self parking garage, with capacity for approximately 2,200 cars and approximately 1,500 surface parking spaces for self and valet parking. The property includes a one-mile all-weather, lighted thoroughbred racetrack, and a 7/8-mile turf track. The property also includes approximately 400 acres that are available for future expansion or development.
Hollywood Casino Aurora: Hollywood Casino Aurora, part of the Chicagoland market, is located in Aurora, Illinois, approximately 35 miles west of Chicago. Hollywood Casino Aurora has a 53,000 square foot single-level dockside casino facility with 1,172 gaming machines, 23 gaming tables, and 6 poker tables.
Empress Casino Hotel: The Empress Casino Hotel, part of the Chicagoland market, is located on the Des Plaines River in Joliet, Illinois, approximately 40 miles southwest of Chicago. This barge-based casino provides 50,000 square feet of gaming space on two levels with 1,194 slot machines, 20 table games, and 3 poker tables. The casino also features a buffet and deli. The complex also includes a 100-room hotel, surface parking areas with approximately 1,500 spaces, and an 80-space recreational vehicle park.
Argosy Casino Riverside: The Argosy Casino Riverside is located on the Missouri River approximately five miles from downtown Kansas City in Riverside, Missouri. The casino primarily attracts customers who reside in the northern and western regions of the Kansas City metropolitan area. This Las Vegas-style casino features approximately 56,400 square feet of gaming space with 1,966 slot machines, 39 table games, and 8 poker tables.
Hollywood Casino Baton Rouge: Hollywood Casino Baton Rouge is one of two dockside riverboat gaming facilities operating in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The Hollywood Casino Baton Rouge property features a riverboat casino reminiscent of a nineteenth century Mississippi River paddlewheel steamboat. The riverboat features approximately 28,000 square feet of gaming space, 1,175 gaming machines, and 23 table games.
Argosy Casino Alton: The Argosy Casino Alton is located on the Mississippi River in Alton, Illinois, approximately 20 miles northeast of downtown St. Louis. The target customers of the Argosy Casino Alton are drawn largely from the northern and eastern regions of the greater St. Louis metropolitan area,
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PENN NATIONAL GAMING INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PENN NATIONAL GAMING INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PENN NATIONAL GAMING INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PENN NATIONAL GAMING INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PENN NATIONAL GAMING INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Penn National Gaming Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Penn National Gaming Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Penn National Gaming Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Penn National Gaming Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Penn National Gaming Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PENN NATIONAL GAMING INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PENN NATIONAL GAMING INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PENN NATIONAL GAMING INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PENN NATIONAL GAMING INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PENN NATIONAL GAMING INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PENN NATIONAL GAMING INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Penn National Gaming Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Penn National Gaming Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Penn National Gaming Inc. Major Shareholders
Penn National Gaming Inc. History
Penn National Gaming Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Penn National Gaming Inc. Offices and Representations
Penn National Gaming Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Penn National Gaming Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Penn National Gaming Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Penn National Gaming Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Penn National Gaming Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Penn National Gaming Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Penn National Gaming Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Penn National Gaming Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Penn National Gaming Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Penn National Gaming Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Penn National Gaming Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Penn National Gaming Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?