- The report contains detailed information about Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. business.
About Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc.
Peets Coffee & Tea, Inc. operates as a coffee roaster and marketer of roasted whole bean coffee and tea in the United States. The company sells coffee through multiple channels of distribution including grocery stores, home delivery, office, restaurant and foodservice accounts and company-owned and operated stores in six states.
The company operates its business through two segments: Retail and Specialty Sales.
Company Retail Stores
As of January 3, 2010, the company operated 192 retail stores in six states through which it sells whole bean coffee, beverages and pastries, tea, and other related items. Its stores are designed to facilitate the sale of whole bean coffee and to encourage customer trial of its coffee through coffee beverages.
Grocery: In addition to sales through retail stores, the company sells its products through a network of grocery stores, including Safeway, Stop & Shop, Ralphs, Kroger, Publix and Whole Foods Market. To support these sales, the company has developed a DSD sales and distribution system. The company has 55 company-operated DSD route sales representatives and approximately 180 independent distributors to support grocery accounts primarily in the western and eastern U.S. and other selected markets.
In the home delivery channel, the company provides points of contact to its customers for coffee ordering and coffee knowledge through a Web site and customer service representatives. Its Web site features an Express Buy function for registered customers for speed, special coffee and tea programs and a coffee and tea selector to assist the customer in choosing a product based upon certain characteristics. Peets.com also features a proprietary tool that allows customers to manage the timing and delivery of their recurring orders.
Foodservice and Office
The company has two models for servicing its foodservice accounts and distributing its products: We Proudly Brew (WPB) accounts and licensing accounts. WPB accounts are foodservice accounts where Peets supplies the equipment and product to brew and resell the companys products. Licensing accounts involve the creation of a full Peets beverage store within another location, such as an airport, grocery store or college campus.
Coffee Types and Blends
The companys major blend includes Dickasons Blend. It sells approximately 25 types of coffee as regular menu items, including approximately 14 blends and 11 single origin coffees, such as Colombia, Guatemala, Sumatra, and Kenya. The company also offers a line of reserve coffees, including JR Reserve Blend and Kona, and has also featured seasonal reserve coffees, such as Jamaica Blue Mountain. On average, the company offers four to six such coffees every year, including Anniversary Blend and Holiday Blend.
Tea, Food and Merchandise
The company offers a line of hand selected whole leaf and bagged tea. It offers a limited line of specialty food items, such as jellies, jams and candies. Its merchandise program consists of items, such as brewing equipment for coffee and tea, paper filters and brewing accessories and branded and non-branded cups, saucers, travel mugs and serveware.
The company competes with Starbucks Corporation, Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Tullys, Seattles Best, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Illy Caffe, Millstone (J.M. Smucker), Dunkin Donuts, Maxwell House (Kraft), and Folgers (J.M. Smucker).
Peets Coffee & Tea, Inc. was founded in 1966.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PEET'S COFFEE & TEA INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PEET'S COFFEE & TEA INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PEET'S COFFEE & TEA INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PEET'S COFFEE & TEA INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PEET'S COFFEE & TEA INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. PEET'S COFFEE & TEA INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PEET'S COFFEE & TEA INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PEET'S COFFEE & TEA INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PEET'S COFFEE & TEA INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PEET'S COFFEE & TEA INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PEET'S COFFEE & TEA INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. Major Shareholders
Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. History
Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. Offices and Representations
Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Peet's Coffee & Tea Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?