- The report contains detailed information about Paddy Power plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Paddy Power plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Paddy Power plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Paddy Power plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Paddy Power plc business.
About Paddy Power plc
Paddy Power plc provides fixed odds sports betting in Ireland. The company operates through licensed betting offices along with operating Irelands telephone (Paddy Power Dial-a-Bet), online (paddypower.com) and casino (paddypowercasino.com) betting operations.
In February 2005 a brand new online poker service paddypowerpoker.com was launched. The company also markets its services in the UK.
Licensed Betting Shops
The company operates licensed bookmaking offices in Ireland with a network of approximately 177 shops in Ireland and the UK. The company also operates 4 shops at racecourses in Ireland.
The companys telephone betting operation, Paddy Power Dial-a-Bet comprises call handling, bet capture and automated bet-settling systems. Telephone betting is primarily a non-cash operation, using customer's credit and debit cards.
The company offers its online interactive betting service through the Internet-based www.paddypower.com site. Interactive TV continues to be a part of the product offering of On-line Betting and the company also offers betting through mobile phone technology with WAP and Java betting platforms.
Paddypowercasino.com was launched in 2004. It is licensed in Alderney and opens to players of 18 years. The company works with Gamcare who operate a national telephone counseling helpline for anyone who is concerned about gambling and it also operates a customer support service.
There are approximately 40 games on the site, including Blackjack, Poker, Roulette, Wheel of Fortune, and The Price is Right. The casino is launched in the UK in September 2004. The company also offers game previews. The casino launched in the UK in September 2004.
The company also offers Paddy Park, Hi-Lo, Penalty Shoot Out, and Spin 2 Win. Paddy Park and Hi-Lo are available as mobile games.
The company launched www.paddypowerpoker.com in February, 2005. The companys online poker suite offers its customers the entertainment and challenge, with graphics and encrypted shuffling software. In conjunction with the companys software developers, Tribeca Tables LLC, it offers Poker Rooms. The company introduced giveaway tournaments, free stake promotions and cash prize tournaments.
Paddy Power Poker site allows players to play a number of variations of the game including Texas Holdem, Omaha and Omaha Hi-Lo in a ring table or tournament structure.
Paddy Power Poker is also a community. The companys players chat and interact as they play and it sets up daily community events and quizzes to entertain between and outside of play. www.paddypowerpoker.com is also educates the poker player so that the players can learn as much as possible about this multi faceted game. Educational features include tutorials, educational articles, news, tips and a manner of content for the aficionado and amateur alike.
The company also offers racing sponsorships which include the Paddy Power Gold Cup in Cheltenham and the Paddy Power Chase in Leopardstown. The companys fun sponsorships include Brock the Jack Russell.
Paddy Power plc was founded in 1988.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. PADDY POWER PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. PADDY POWER PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. PADDY POWER PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. PADDY POWER PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. PADDY POWER PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Paddy Power plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Paddy Power plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Paddy Power plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Paddy Power plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Paddy Power plc Industry Position Analysis
6. PADDY POWER PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. PADDY POWER PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. PADDY POWER PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. IRELAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. PADDY POWER PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. PADDY POWER PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. PADDY POWER PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Paddy Power plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Paddy Power plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Paddy Power plc Major Shareholders
Paddy Power plc History
Paddy Power plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Paddy Power plc Offices and Representations
Paddy Power plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Paddy Power plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Paddy Power plc Capital Market Snapshot
Paddy Power plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Paddy Power plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Paddy Power plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Paddy Power plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Paddy Power plc 1-year Stock Charts
Paddy Power plc 5-year Stock Charts
Paddy Power plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Paddy Power plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Paddy Power plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?