- The report contains detailed information about Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Orient-Express Hotels Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. business.
About Orient-Express Hotels Ltd.
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. operates as a hotel and travel company focusing on the luxury end of the leisure market.
As of December 31, 2009, the company owned or part-owned 50 properties (all of which it manages) located in 24 countries worldwide. The company also involves in the development of for-sale residences adjoining its hotels. Its worldwide portfolio of hotels consists of 3,595 individual guest rooms and multiple-room suites (each known as a key).
The Hotel Cipriani and Palazzo Vendramin95 keys: The Hotel Cipriani and Palazzo Vendramin is located on approximately five acres on Giudecca Island across from the Piazza San Marco. Features include fine cuisine in three indoor and outdoor restaurants, gardens and terraces encompassing an Olympic-sized swimming pool, a tennis court, a spa and a banquet and meeting facility situated in a refurbished warehouse.
The Hotel Splendido and Splendido Mare80 keysSet on four acres, the main hotel is surrounded by gardens and terraces which include a swimming pool and tennis court. There are two open-air and enclosed restaurants, as well as banquet/meeting rooms, and a shuttle bus linking the main hotel with Splendido Mare on the harbor below.
The Villa San Michele46 keysis located in Fiesole, a short distance from Florence. The property occupies ten acres. The Villa San Michele also operates for hotel guests the five-bedroom main house of the Capannelle wine estate in the Chianti region owned by James Sherwood.
The Hotel Caruso Belvedere48 keysin Ravello is located on three hill-top acres overlooking the Amalfi coast near Naples and ancient Roman and Greek archaeological sites, such as Pompeii and Paestum. Amenities include two restaurants, an outdoor swimming pool, spa, and gardens.
In January 2010, the company completed the purchase of two hotels in Taormina, Sicily. These are the Grand Hotel Timeo83 keyswhich is a luxurious hotel in Taormina, and the Villa SantAndrea78 keyswhich is a nearby hotel on the citys Bay of Mazzaro with a private beach. Grand Hotel Timeo is located in the center of Taormina next to the second century Greek Theater. The hotel features a restaurant serving regional Sicilian specialties, an outdoor swimming pool and fitness center, and banqueting and conference facilities, surrounded by six acres of parkland. Villa SantAndrea has the atmosphere of a private villa set in lush gardens with a private beach, a total site of approximately two acres, with various guest rooms and the hotels seafood restaurant looking out at the Calabrian coast.
Reids Palace163 keysis a hotel on the island of Madeira, situated on 10 acres of semitropical gardens on a cliff top above the sea and the bay of Funchal, the main port city. The hotel has four restaurants and banquet/meeting facilities. Leisure and sports amenities include fresh and sea water swimming pools, a third tide-filled pool, tennis courts, ocean water sports, a spa and access to two championship golf courses. It has year-round appeal to European leisure travellers, serving both winter escapes to the sun and regular summer holidays.
Elsewhere in Europe
Hotel de la Cite61 keysis located in the central square of the beautiful walled medieval town of Carcassonne, France near Toulouse. The hotel incorporates a 50 watch tower in Carcassonnes ancient fortifications and features two restaurants, gardens, a swimming pool and a nearby conference center, altogether occupying two acres. The hotel also operates a canal barge on the Canal du Midi providing day excursions for guests.
The company owns La Residencia67 keyslocated in the charming village of Deià on the rugged northwest coast of the island of Mallorca, Spain in the Mediterranean. The hotel features three restaurants, including the gastronomic El Olivio, as well as two outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, and a spa with an indoor pool.
Le Manoir aux QuatSaisons32 keysis located in Oxfordshire, England. The main part of the hotel is a 16th century manor house set in 27 acres of gardens.
The company owns a 93.5% interest in the Grand Hotel Europe301 keysin
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ORIENT-EXPRESS HOTELS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ORIENT-EXPRESS HOTELS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ORIENT-EXPRESS HOTELS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ORIENT-EXPRESS HOTELS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ORIENT-EXPRESS HOTELS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. ORIENT-EXPRESS HOTELS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ORIENT-EXPRESS HOTELS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ORIENT-EXPRESS HOTELS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BERMUDA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ORIENT-EXPRESS HOTELS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ORIENT-EXPRESS HOTELS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ORIENT-EXPRESS HOTELS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. Major Shareholders
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. History
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. Offices and Representations
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Orient-Express Hotels Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?