- The report contains detailed information about Mattel Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Mattel Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Mattel Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Mattel Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Mattel Inc. business.
About Mattel Inc.
Mattel, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of toy products worldwide through sales to its customers and directly to consumers.
The company operates in two segments, Domestic and International.
The Domestic segment develops toys that it markets and sells through the Mattel Girls & Boys Brands US, Fisher-Price Brands US, and American Girl Brands segments.
In the Mattel Girls & Boys Brands US segment, Barbie includes brands, such as Barbie fashion dolls and accessories, and Polly Pocket, Little Mommy, Disney Classics, and High School Musical are included within Other Girls Brands. Wheels include Hot Wheels, Matchbox, Battle Force 5, Speed Racer, and Tyco R/C vehicles and play sets. Entertainment includes CARS, Radica, Toy Story, Speed Racer, Batman, and Kung Fu Panda products, as well as games and puzzles.
The Fisher-Price Brands US segment includes Fisher-Price, Little People, BabyGear, View-Master, Dora the Explorer, Go Diego Go!, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Handy Manny, See N Say, Ni Hao, Kai-lan, and Power Wheels.
The American Girl Brands segment is a direct marketer, childrens publisher, and retailer known for its line of historical dolls, books, and accessories, as well as the Just Like You and Bitty Baby brands. American Girl Brands also publishes Advice & Activity books and the American Girl magazine. In January 2010, American Girl introduced Lanie, the newest Girl of the Year doll. American Girl Brands products are sold in the U.S. and Canada.
The company's products within the domestic segment are sold directly to retailers, including discount and free-standing toy stores, chain stores, department stores, other retail outlets, and to wholesalers by Mattel Girls & Boys Brands US and Fisher-Price Brands US. Mattel also operates small retail outlets. American Girl Brands products are sold directly to consumers and its childrens publications are also sold to certain retailers. Mattel has seven retail stores, American Girl Place in Chicago, Illinois; New York, New York; and Los Angeles, California; and American Girl Boutique and Bistro in Atlanta, Georgia; Dallas, Texas; Natick, Massachusetts; and Bloomington, Minnesota, each of which features childrens products from the American Girl Brands segment. American Girl Brands also has a retail outlet in Oshkosh, Wisconsin that serves as an outlet for its products.
The International segment markets products that are generally the same as those developed and marketed by the Domestic segment, with the exception of American Girl Brands, developed or adapted for particular international markets. The company's products are sold directly to retailers and wholesalers in most European, Latin American, and Asian countries, and in Australia, Canada, and New Zealand, and through agents and distributors in those countries where Mattel has no direct presence. It also has retail outlets in Latin America and Europe that serve as outlets for its products. Additionally, it sells certain of its products online through its Web site.
The company's major customers include Wal-Mart, Toys R Us; and Target.
The Mattel Girls & Boys Brands US and Fisher-Price Brands US segments compete with toy companies, including Bandai, Hasbro, Jakks Pacific, Leap Frog, Lego, MGA Entertainment, and VTech. Its International segment competes with global toy companies including Bandai, Hasbro, Lego, Tomy, and MGA Entertainment.
Mattel, Inc. was founded in 1945.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. MATTEL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. MATTEL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. MATTEL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. MATTEL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. MATTEL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Mattel Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Mattel Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Mattel Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Mattel Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Mattel Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. MATTEL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. MATTEL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. MATTEL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. MATTEL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. MATTEL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. MATTEL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Mattel Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Mattel Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Mattel Inc. Major Shareholders
Mattel Inc. History
Mattel Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Mattel Inc. Offices and Representations
Mattel Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Mattel Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Mattel Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Mattel Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Mattel Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Mattel Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Mattel Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Mattel Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Mattel Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Mattel Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Mattel Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Mattel Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?