- The report contains detailed information about Ladbrokes PLC that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Ladbrokes PLC. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Ladbrokes PLC financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Ladbrokes PLC competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Ladbrokes PLC business.
About Ladbrokes PLC
Ladbrokes plc operates as a betting and gaming company. As of December 31, 2008, the company owned and operated a network of 2,600 retail betting shops in the United Kingdom, Ireland, and Belgium.
The U.K. Retail Segment
The U.K. Retail Segment comprises betting activities in the shop estate in Great Britain. It has approximately 2,100 premises. It offers horses, greyhounds, numbers/virtual, football and then other sports. In addition, it has approximately 8,000 machines across the estate, which allows the player to select from approximately 14 games.
Other European Retail Segment
The Other European Retail Segment comprises activities connected with the Ireland, Belgium and Italy shop estates. It has 286 shops in Ireland; 308 shops in Belgium; and 86 shops and 51 corners in Italy. The companys shops in Northern Ireland offer content to Great Britain, whereas the Republic of Ireland does not have machines and is focused on Irish horseracing. In Belgium, it offers French horseracing, foreign horseracing, football and British greyhound racing. In Italy, the company offers its customers various markets, including fixed odds horse bets, Italian Tote horse bets, approximately 2,500 football markets across 36 leagues and additional markets in minor sports, such as basketball and volleyball.
The eGaming Segment comprises betting and gaming activities from online operations. Ladbrokes.com is a betting and gaming Web site with approximately 725,000 active customers betting in 13 languages and 18 currencies. On its Ladbrokes.com Web site customers can bet on approximately 70 sports and approximately 1.5 million different markets, with football and horseracing being popular. Its new Sportsbook includes tailored Nordic content offering to include sports, such as trotting and handball, and expanding its betting-in-play offering. Ladbrokescasino.com offers customers approximately 375 casino games, including roulette, blackjack, three-card casino poker, baccarat, craps and approximately 200 slots. At its busiest time Ladbrokespoker.com has approximately 5,000 customers playing on 800 tables. In total, it has approximately 145,000 customers. In addition its Games sites offer approximately 100 gaming products including slots, virtual scratchcards and quizzes, such as Who Wants to be a Millionaire? and Deal or No Deal.
Telephone Betting Segment
The Telephone Betting Segment comprises activities relating to bets taken on the telephone. It provides the broadest channel offering and this includes taking bets over the telephone. During 2008, the business received 6.4 million calls from approximately 108,000 customers. It has call centers in Liverpool and Harrow together with a multilingual offering in Kuala Lumpur. The High Rollers business provides a personal betting service to high net worth individuals
The Other Segment comprises international development operations and the start up of its Spanish joint venture. The Spanish joint venture, Sportium Apuestas Deportivas SA, has 45 outlets operating. It has developed relationships outside of the U.K., including in countries, such as China, Vietnam, and India.
In February 2008, the company acquired 100% of the ordinary share capital of Agenzie Scommesse SRL, a betting company in Italy.
In February 2008, the company also acquired the trade and assets of Eastwood Bookmakers, in Northern Ireland.
In April 2008, the company acquired the trade and assets of McCartan Bookmakers in Northern Ireland.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. LADBROKES PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. LADBROKES PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. LADBROKES PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. LADBROKES PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. LADBROKES PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Ladbrokes PLC Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Ladbrokes PLC and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Ladbrokes PLC and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Ladbrokes PLC Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Ladbrokes PLC Industry Position Analysis
6. LADBROKES PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. LADBROKES PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. LADBROKES PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. LADBROKES PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. LADBROKES PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. LADBROKES PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Ladbrokes PLC Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Ladbrokes PLC Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Ladbrokes PLC Major Shareholders
Ladbrokes PLC History
Ladbrokes PLC Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Ladbrokes PLC Offices and Representations
Ladbrokes PLC SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Ladbrokes PLC Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Ladbrokes PLC Capital Market Snapshot
Ladbrokes PLC Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Ladbrokes PLC Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Ladbrokes PLC Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Ladbrokes PLC Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Ladbrokes PLC 1-year Stock Charts
Ladbrokes PLC 5-year Stock Charts
Ladbrokes PLC vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Ladbrokes PLC vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Ladbrokes PLC Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?