- The report contains detailed information about Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. business.
About Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc.
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. is a branded retailer and wholesaler of doughnuts and packaged sweets. The companys principal business is owning and franchising Krispy Kreme stores, at which approximately 20 varieties of doughnuts, including the companys Original Glazed doughnut, are sold and distributed together with complementary products, and where an array of coffees and other beverages are offered.
The company has four segments: Company stores, Domestic franchise stores, International franchise stores, and the KK Supply Chain.
The Company Stores segment is comprised of the doughnut shops operated by the company. These stores sell doughnuts and complementary products through the on-premises and off-premises sales channels and come in two formats: factory stores and satellite stores. Factory stores have a doughnut-making production line, and many of them sell products through both on-premises and off-premises sales channels to more fully utilize production capacity. Satellite stores, which serve only on-premises customers, are smaller than most factory stores, and include the hot shop and fresh shop formats. As of January 31, 2010, there were 83 company stores in 18 states and the District of Columbia, including 69 factory and 14 satellite stores.
Domestic Franchise Stores
The Domestic Franchise segment consists of the companys domestic store franchise operations. Domestic franchise stores sell doughnuts and complementary products through the on-premise and off-premise sales channels in the same way and using the same store formats as in the Company Stores segment. As of January 31, 2010, there were 141 domestic franchise stores in 29 states, including 104 factory and 37 satellite stores.
International Franchise Stores
The International Franchise segment consists of the companys international store franchise operations. International franchise stores sell doughnuts and complementary products through the on-premises sales channel, and also using a kiosk format. A portion of sales by the franchisees in the United Kingdom and in Australia are made to off-premises customers. As of January 31, 2010, there were 358 international franchise stores in 18 countries, including 95 factory and 263 satellite stores.
KK Supply Chain
The KK Supply Chain produces doughnut mixes and manufactures doughnut-making equipment, which all factory stores, both company and franchise, are required to purchase. In addition, KK Supply Chain sells other ingredients, packaging, and supplies principally to company-owned and domestic franchise stores. As of January 31, 2010, there were 224 Krispy Kreme stores operated domestically in 37 the U.S. states and in the District of Columbia, and 358 shops in other countries around the world. Of the 582 total stores, 268 were factory stores and 314 were satellites.
Doughnuts and Related Products
The company makes and sells approximately 20 varieties of doughnuts, including its Original Glazed doughnut. Most of its doughnuts, including the Original Glazed doughnut, are yeast-raised doughnuts, although the company also offers several varieties of cake doughnuts and crullers. The company has introduced doughnuts in various non-traditional shapes, which can be seasonally customized using icings and other toppings, including hearts, pumpkins, footballs, eggs and snowmen. In addition to specially shaped doughnuts, the company periodically offers other doughnut varieties on a limited time offer basis.
The company offers products through off-premises channels, including honeybuns, fruit pies, mini-crullers, cupcakes and various chocolate enrobed products, packaged as individually wrapped snacks or packaged in snack bags. The company also has introduced non-traditional packaging offerings for distribution through grocery stores, mass merchants and convenience stores.
Complementary products: In 2009, the company began initial testing of a new soft serve menu of traditional cones, shakes and sundaes paired with various toppings. In 2010, the company expanded its testing of the concept, called Kool Kreme soft serve, into all of its new company shops and into most existing shops in the markets in which the new shops are located. The company also has begun very limited in-store testing of baked goods, including sweet rolls, pecan rolls, muffins and bagels.
Beverages: The company has a beverage program which includes drip coffees, both coffee-based and noncoffee-based frozen drinks, juices, sodas, milks, water and packaged and fountain beverages. In addition, many of its stores offer a line of espresso-based coffees, including flavors.
The company competes against Dunkin Donuts, which has outlets in the doughnut retail industry, as well as against Tim Hortons and regionally and locally owned doughnut shops and distributors. The company competes for sales with sweet treats, including those made by producers, such as Dolly Madison, Entenmanns and Hostess, and regional brands. Internationally, its competitors include a set of retailers of doughnuts and treats, such as Dunkin Donuts, Mister Donut and Donut King.
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. was founded in 1937.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. KRISPY KREME DOUGHNUTS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. Major Shareholders
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. History
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. Offices and Representations
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?