- The report contains detailed information about Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. business.
About Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc.
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc (the Company or JFD) was established in 1978 to develop the Jerry's Famous Deli restaurant in Studio City, California. Three additional Jerry's Famous Deli restaurants were opened prior to 1995 in Encino, California (July 1989), Marina del Rey, California (July 1991) and West Hollywood, California (January 1994). The company is an operator of New York deli-style restaurants and a gourmet market.
The Company currently operates 10 restaurants, including seven in Southern California operating under the name "Jerry's Famous Deli," one in Southern California operating under the name "Solley's" and two in Southern Florida operating under the name Wolfie Cohen's Rascal House (Rascal House). The Company also operates The Epicure Market (Epicure), a specialty gourmet market located in Miami Beach, Florida.
The Company operates seven Jerry's Famous Deli restaurants in Southern California, each of which features a New York Broadway theme, with an array of lighting, posters and decor giving a "theatrical" setting. Each of the Jerry's restaurants has a large deli style take-out counter displaying a wide range of deli meats, salads and other prepared foods, along with a bakery display. Most of the Southern California restaurants, including Solley's, provide attractive patio dining, where smoking is permitted, and strategically placed televisions, generally showing sports events, which add to the casual atmosphere. The Company's eight Southern California restaurants in operation at the end of 2000 averaged approximately 7,488 square feet of dining and kitchen space and 326 seats.
The Rascal House features a traditional deli restaurant atmosphere. The Rascal House restaurant consists of over 12,000 square feet of dining and kitchen space and 375 seats. The Rascal House restaurant in Boca Raton features the traditional atmosphere and menu of the original Miami Beach Rascal House.
Epicure is an over 50 year old gourmet market, which serves fresh hot-cooked food and soups, juices, salads and numerous bakery products all prepared on the premises. Epicure also has traditional delicatessen fare, along with fresh produce and specialty wines and cheeses.
All of the restaurants feature an extensive menu emphasizing traditional deli type fare (such as pastrami, corned beef, roast beef and turkey sandwiches, knishes, blintzes, chopped liver, lox and bagels, chicken soup, knockwurst and hot dogs), as well as an extensive assortment of pastas, salads, omelettes, fresh baked breads and desserts, burgers, chicken and steaks. Also offered at most restaurants is a complete line of pizzas, ranging from traditional to specialty items, such as lox pizza, chicken pizza and deli pizza. Most items, other than smoked fish and meat, are prepared on site at each restaurant. Each restaurant also provides bar service.
The Studio City, Marina del Rey, West Hollywood, Westwood, Woodland Hills, Costa Mesa and Rascal House restaurants have alcoholic beverages available at the table with meals and maintain a full-service bar at which all menu selections are available. The Encino and Sherman Oaks locations offer wine and beer service only. The availability of alcoholic beverages is intended to complement the meal service and is not a primary focus of the restaurant operations at any location.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. JERRY'S FAMOUS DELI, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. JERRY'S FAMOUS DELI, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. JERRY'S FAMOUS DELI, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. JERRY'S FAMOUS DELI, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. JERRY'S FAMOUS DELI, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. JERRY'S FAMOUS DELI, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. JERRY'S FAMOUS DELI, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. JERRY'S FAMOUS DELI, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. JERRY'S FAMOUS DELI, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. JERRY'S FAMOUS DELI, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. JERRY'S FAMOUS DELI, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. Major Shareholders
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. History
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. Offices and Representations
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Jerry's Famous Deli, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?