- The report contains detailed information about Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. business.
About Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd.
The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels Limited engages in the ownership and management of hotel, commercial and residential properties in Asia and the United States. The company focuses on the development of Peninsula hotels in locations within international gateway destinations.
The companys hotel operations and property rental businesses are principally located in Hong Kong, the Peoples Republic of China, Thailand, Vietnam and the United States of America. The golf course operations are located in Thailand and the United States of America. Other miscellaneous businesses are conducted in Hong Kong.
The company operates through three main business segments: Hotels, Non-hotel properties, and Other businesses.
Hotels segment comprises leasing of lodging spaces as well as commercial shopping arcades and office premises, provision of food and beverage at restaurant outlets, operation of retail outlets and other minor departments such as spa, telephone, guest transportation and laundry within the hotel premises.
Non-Hotel Properties segment comprises leasing of commercial and office premises (other than those in hotel and residential apartments).
Other Businesses segment comprises various other businesses, including operation of golf courses, the Peak Tramways, wholesaling of food and beverage products, laundry, food and beverage outlets other than those in owned hotels, and provision of management and consultancy services for clubs.
The Peninsula Hotels
The company's hotel operations and marketing division is The Peninsula Hotels, which operates eight luxury hotels in gateway destinations in Asia and the United States. The companys ninth property, Quail Lodge Resort & Golf Club, Carmel, is operated and marketed by its jointly owned resort management company, Valley Resort Management, LLC. The company's development in Jakarta is on hold.
The Peninsula Hotels comprised of The Peninsula Hong Kong in Hong Kong; The Peninsula Bangkok in Thailand; The Peninsula Palace Beijing in People's Republic of China; The Peninsula Manila in the Philippines; The Peninsula New York, The Peninsula Beverly Hills, and The Peninsula Chicago in United States of America; and Valley Resort Management comprised of Quail Lodge Resort & Golf Club, Carmel in United States of America.
The Repulse Bay is located on the south side of Hong Kong Island. It affords residents a range of luxury apartments with views of the bay and the South China Sea beyond, providing a lifestyle alternative to the cityscape of the Central/Mid-Levels district.
The Repulse Bay consists of: Serviced Apartments (2,200 sq ft) with 68 fully furnished duplex suites of two or three bedrooms for long- and short-term lease; Unfurnished Apartments (1,000 sq ft to 5,000 sq ft) with a range of 353 luxury apartments for long-term lease, all with sea views; Leisure Facilities such as Indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis, squash, basketball, Fitness Centers, sauna, steam, jacuzzi, plunge pools, Day Spa, snooker, table tennis and classes including martial arts, yoga and children's activities, restaurant, adventure playgrounds and indoor playrooms; Retail Facilities such as Medical, physiotherapy and dental health centers, Day Spa, banking, supermarket, drugstore, antiques and lifestyle shops; Educational Facilities such as Kindergarten, playschool, and Sylvan Learning Center.
The Repulse Bay also offers Dining Facilities that includes:
The Verandah Restaurant: A restaurant that provides Continental cuisine in a setting with discreet, attentive service.
Spices: A venue that serves diversified, authentic Asian cuisine. The oriental setting overlooks lush gardens.
The Garden Terrace: It is one of the outdoor dining venues in Hong Kong, specialising in barbecues and buffets.
The Palm Court Cafe: It is an open-air seating in an inner courtyard serving light fare and fresh coffee.
The Bamboo Bar: It offers pre- and post-prandial drinks.
Banqueting: The Repulse Bay provides various options for functions, indoor and outdoor, including The Verandah Restaurant, The Front Lawn and Garden and The Library. It offers a location fo
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HONGKONG & SHANGHAI HOTELS LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HONGKONG & SHANGHAI HOTELS LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HONGKONG & SHANGHAI HOTELS LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HONGKONG & SHANGHAI HOTELS LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HONGKONG & SHANGHAI HOTELS LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Restaurants and Leisure Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. HONGKONG & SHANGHAI HOTELS LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HONGKONG & SHANGHAI HOTELS LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HONGKONG & SHANGHAI HOTELS LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. HONG KONG PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HONGKONG & SHANGHAI HOTELS LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HONGKONG & SHANGHAI HOTELS LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HONGKONG & SHANGHAI HOTELS LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. Major Shareholders
Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. History
Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. Offices and Representations
Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Restaurants and Leisure Industry Statistics
Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Hongkong & Shanghai Hotels Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?